Something You are Thankful For

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I thank God for helping me today, earlier this morning I did a supposed to be simple tooth extraction for one of my scheduled patient, but in the middle of the procedure things are becoming more complicated than expected, her tooth is breaking and cracking due to brittleness and so after struggling for quite sometime, I paused for awhile, inhaled and exhaled, say a little prayer and call to God for help that it won't turn into a major surgery as my assistant is not around and I can not cope by myself for a complicated case, and then face back my bleeding patient, work my way back again and voila, it finally came out. He is my very present help in time of need. God is good! 🙏🏼
Wonderful testimony..God is even interested in the pulling out of a patients tooth..to spare you the stress of having to deal with a complicated extraction...Glory to God..👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺

Feb 28, 2016
knowing that He has helped us to 'over-come' our 'egos', they just don't NEED to be FED anymore' -
to be relieved of this is truly a miracle...

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
im thankful, for my place, food, water, bed and I could some how be the blessings to those in RL and here on forums also, above all God's Pure Love... that I'm still trying to fathom each moment of every day, Praise you Jesus😁😁😁

K

Kim82

Today when I was waiting in line at the supermarket, a customer who was ahead of me got into a disagreement with the cashier but as I observed them, they managed to sort things out and the customer gave the cashier a generous tip that obviously made her day 😁. I thank God for His blessings on the cashier and that she will indeed see it as a blessing from God.

Aug 16, 2020
This happened yesterday, but I was bagging a customer’s groceries and they said: “I forgot to tell you I wanted them bagged light”, I said sorry but then she said: “No I’m sorry”

It made me think back to a past event, where something similar happened, but the customer was really mean, she said: “You should be able to look at a customer and tell if they need their groceries bagged lightly”. I honestly don’t believe in that, because it would be judging a person based on looks, which I think is not heathly, it’s actually something I struggle with, thinking a person is gay or a democrat based on they look, which I ask the lord to help me repent and change. Also, I just want to mention my 70 year old stepdad, he can lift heavy stuff, but he looks old, so that’s why I have my way of bagging groceries, not everyone is the same.

If a customer wants their groceries bagged heavy or light, just tell me, I don’t think it’s that hard.

But the way the customer acted yesterday, it just reminded me that good people do exist, and so I thank the lord for giving me this realization because it is a easy thing to forget, especially if you work at a job having to help/serve others, lol.

K

Kim82

But the way the customer acted yesterday, it just reminded me that good people do exist, and so I thank the lord for giving me this realization because it is a easy thing to forget, especially if you work at a job having to help/serve others, lol.
Amen. Amen. Thank you so much for sharing this.

May you keep a sweet spirit as you deal with the customers, and not let the rude ones get you down.

Dec 9, 2011
1Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

What are the little and big things or random things that you are thankful for?

Did something happen and you had to stop and say, my God is that you?

It could be a kind word or deed that was said that made you smile or was a blessing to you.

Whatever or whoever you want to give God thanks for, you can do it in this thread.
I’m thankful for the affordable care act In this pandemic.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Thank you Lord that the things of this world, the things that pass away are not the sum total of your love for us. You have given us a beautiful world and I am thankful for the warmth of the sun, the colours of the flowers and birds, laughter, spices, and friendships. I am in awe of how you bless us with so much more than things. You are the great I Am. You are the holy wild, and yet you would shelter me and the rest of your children, under your wing. Thank you the glorious hope that comes with knowing that there will be a time when I can go home and be with you.

120276703_10158076493788172_3952576853981687621_o.jpg

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Wonderful post. I am thankful for the same. I like the placing of spices there but I am not certain why. It just seems so right. We will all know at the banquet.

Yah bless you dear sister.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
When we were growing up, most of what was used at home were salt and pepper, fresh garlics and onions, some cinnamon i think.. until we tried to get acquainted w/ others for baking: nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, mace... Now altho still not using many, I'm glad we've learned to use more for other cooks, incl. chilis, paprika, etc.

So much to be thankful for, big and small. Just my son taking over the cooking sometimes when ur full to the brim.. i'm so thankful=).

Feb 28, 2016
for His Holy Sacrifice/Love, and for desiring us mere humans to be a part of His great plan...

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
Im giving God thanks for bringing me through another year and for all His many blessings.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Thankful for God's goodness, patience and his undying love, for never giving up on me and yet pushing me to be better in his sight and for the things he reveals which are beyond this world can ever give. So much to be thankful for.

G

Godsgirl83

I am thankful for this thread. To be able to go back and read (and re read) of all the many ways Abba Father blesses His children in both big and small ways is a blessing. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8) and no matter how old a post is on this thread, it never gets old hearing about His blessings.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am thankful for the remnant of believers who give Him first place in they're lives I have met here.

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
I could hardly wait to reach my garden. It was really hard to breathe. I walked through the gate and took that horrid mask off. Straight away the beautiful fresh air reached my nose and mouth. I could breathe easy. I could smell that gorgeous fresh air, I could taste it too. Thank you dear Lord for that precious air.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Oh, really taste and see that the Lord is good! I also always look fwd to working outdoors in the garden, feeling the breeze and the sun early in the day, seeing the light coming out. So blessed to be alive, and see God's daily miracles.

Always thankful for His Word, which even when i cannot always start to read very early, the Lord gives other times in the day. Also to hear teachings and singing of psalms, hymns and sacred songs to teach and admonish each other during the day.

3 So if you were raised along with the Messiah, then seek the things above, where the Messiah is sitting at the right hand of God.[a] 2 Focus your minds on the things above, not on things here on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God. 4 When the Messiah, who is our life, appears, then you too will appear with him in glory! ..
14 Above all these, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together perfectly; 15 and let the shalom which comes from the Messiah be your heart’s decision-maker, for this is why you were called to be part of a single Body...

And be thankful — 16 let the Word of the Messiah, in all its richness, live in you, as you teach and counsel each other in all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude to God in your hearts. 17 That is, everything you do or say, do in the name of the Lord Yeshua, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

from Colossians 3

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
After a frustrating day I came straight to this thread. After two minutes reading I felt all the tension leave my body

Beautiful thoughts and praise to God refresh the soul.
I am thankful for this thread and all of you lovely Christians
God Blrss each one of you.