Sons of God in Genesis 6 and Job

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I saw some discussion regarding the sons of God marrying the daughters of men in Genesis 6, and a related issue as to who are the Nephilim? I've written on the subject and for those who don't mind reading a lengthy biblical treatment of the subject I submit it for your encouragement. http://www.growupinchrist.com/images/docs/Eschatology/Sons_of_God_by_Drew_Worthen.pdf
yes a long read. I too do not see in scripture the support for sex with women in gen 6. This is error.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Nice cope out and yes you do....ALL of you expect us to believe that Saved men had sex with lost women and the result was Giants....YOU have no other plausible explanation.......
Umm...No, apparently there were Giants in the earth before that happened. Well from what I read anyhow.

Dec 12, 2013
OK....so...the conclusion of Genesis 6

Sons of God "SAVED MEN" had sex with daughters of men "lost girls" and the result Giants

even though the distinction is made....

Sons of GOD
Daughter of ADAM "In Hebrew"

Noah was just man...

Just--->From a root word =to be causative , make right in a moral or FORENSIC SENSE

and of course let us reject that the MEN of SODOM perceived the ANGELS as MEN and wanted to have sex with the and while we are at it let us all cut JUDE out of our bible, in particular the words EVEN AS when the comparison is made between the ANGELS which kept not their first estate and men of SODOM going after STRANGE FLESH.

GNATISIM a new coined phrase where believers will swallow a camel but choke on a gnat........

THE above cannot be rejected just because it contradicts what we BELIEVE to be normal.......just saying!

L

LPT

Umm...No, apparently there were Giants in the earth before that happened. Well from what I read anyhow.
And I saw the deception he posted about me saying I said that produced gaints that I never said. nothing but trickery in words, I don't believe he is who he says he is.

Dec 12, 2013
And I saw the deception he posted about me saying I said that produced gaints that I never said.
Now you are just LYING...yesterday you said it was men that had sex with women and the context is clear.....wow man....you guys take the cake

L

LPT

Nice cope out and yes you do....ALL of you expect us to believe that Saved men had sex with lost women and the result was Giants....YOU have no other plausible explanation.......
That is exactly what you said about me... your games don't work with me...

Dec 12, 2013
That is exactly what you said about me... your games don't work with me...
You think this is a game....you have yet to answer one way or another.....very politically correct...you would make a good politician

L

LPT

You think this is a game....you have yet to answer one way or another.....very politically correct...you would make a good politician
make my day and find the post that I said the result was gaints, please I'll wait...

Dec 12, 2013
make my day and find the post that I said the result was gaints, please I'll wait...
This whole thread is about the giants and if it was MEN or Angels in GENESIS 6...you said MEN, by default you have answered....LIKE I said...you would make a good politician and if you cannot be honest and or deceptive about what I post...do not address me and put me on ignore.....simple solution!

L

LPT

This whole thread is about the giants and if it was MEN or Angels in GENESIS 6...you said MEN, by default you have answered....LIKE I said...you would make a good politician and if you cannot be honest and or deceptive about what I post...do not address me and put me on ignore.....simple solution!
So you couldn't find were I said the result produced gaints no you can't and no one has said that either, you are quite the twister. it would be in your best interest if don't address you because I'll catch you everytime.

Dec 12, 2013
So you couldn't find were I said the result produced gaints no you can't and no one has said that either, you are quite the twister. it would be in your best interest if don't address you because I'll catch you everytime.
Twist all you want pal....My best interest is to ignore frauds....

dcontroversal said:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Gen. 6:4 “There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

GIANTS = H5303

נְפִל נְפִיל

nephı̂yl nephil

nef-eel', nef-eel'

From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.

I don't see anywhere this relates to Genesis 6 or angels mating. It just speaks of rebellious angels, which we already know of.

Just because Satan was present does not mean they were angels gathering in Job 1. You do not realize you are denying the power of God when you say angels (ie. cherubim) can mate with humans. Even if they had the capacity they would not be allowed as Job shows us. Even the demons must operate within the boundaries set by God.

MY GOD REIGNS!

We have one instance where it seems to apply to angels: Job 38:7. Even that is almost poetic and may mean something other than what we believe. We also have a scripture where God does not call angels sons:

Heb. 1:5 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

So all your talking about Gen. 6 and Job 1 & 2 is still nothing more than assumption. It also steals from the perception of God's power, which the spirit world knows well of.

2 Tim. 3:5
"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

L

LPT

Twist all you want pal....My best interest is to ignore frauds....

dcontroversal said:
Good advice ignore it, for you don't want this...

Mar 28, 2016
"the reference to when (God) corrupted the first creation"...
Scripture does not give us the information as to when the creatures as angel spirit beings were created . They are not subject to salvation therefore not made in the image of God. This is as messengers, lying angels as well as those who bring the truth of God .

I can try an offer my two cents.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

I would think because God is typified as the lamb of God slain from the before the foundation of the world that the day he created Satan, the father of lies. God immediately sensed pride in his heart and he corrupted the whole first creation as a timed death.

It would seem at the end of the third day the glory of God no longer was the light, on the fourth he added the two time keepers . The brightness of the Sun as a creation and the Moon to reflect the other twelve hour period. The glory of God had departed

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.Geneisis 1:14-19

I would offer. Things will return as they were the first three days and nights as in the beginning. let there be light as the glory of God who is Light personified... again before God corrupted the present creation .

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.Revelation 21:22-27

The idea that the glory of God did lighten it, "and" the Lamb is the light thereof is expressed in the difference between the two descriptions.

One those created angel as representative glory, like the moon ,

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

To the other a uncreated glory as the brightness the source of Light and the true reflection working together as one, our husband Christ.

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright "and" morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.Revelation 22:16-17

Dec 12, 2013
I am with you on this Garee. The cherubim and seraphim are spirits, no gender is needed for spirits. :)
Tell that to the men who wanted to KNOW the Angels which appeared as men at the gates of Sodom......to the extent that LOT offered his VIRGIN daughters.....more GNATISM