Spanish Christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

Spanish saints like John of the Cross and Therese of Avila. What passion! What spirituality! The In terior Castle is a masterpiece. So is Dark Night of the Soul but I found the former more accessible.
Something about the Spanish though. I love their contribution to Christianity. Also St. Ignatius who gave us the Spiritual Exercises.

M

morefaithrequired

And who hasnt had a dark night of the soul?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

John Michael Talbot singing words From Saint John of the Cross' Dark Night of the Soul

:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
^ ^ At tleast I think the words are from Dark Night of the Soul, from "The Lover and the Beloved" LP.

The photography in that video is from New Zealand's South Island, around Tekapo and the Dark Sky Reserve.

I became aware of John Michael Talbot's music in the mid to late nineties :)

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
^ ^ At tleast I think the words are from Dark Night of the Soul, from "The Lover and the Beloved" LP.

The photography in that video is from New Zealand's South Island, around Tekapo and the Dark Sky Reserve.

John Michael Talbot is a gifted musician.
- I like some of his music/ songs.
----
Interesting to note.
He was involved in 'Contemporary Christian Music'.. during pioneering days.
- Later on, he joined 'Franciscan Order.'

M

morefaithrequired

Nevet heard of this guy before. Talbot. Love his music already. Is it because I am a guitarist of some note?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Nevet heard of this guy before. Talbot. Love his music already. Is it because I am a guitarist of some note?
He sure has a lovely voice. Hey, I used to play guitar also! Which note did you play? I played many notes :D:giggle::geek::devilish:

Oct 30, 2019
Spanish saints like John of the Cross and Therese of Avila. What passion! What spirituality! The In terior Castle is a masterpiece. So is Dark Night of the Soul but I found the former more accessible.
Something about the Spanish though. I love their contribution to Christianity. Also St. Ignatius who gave us the Spiritual Exercises.
Read the Filipino classic Noli me Tangere (available to download in English) by the hero Jose Rizal for an alternative view of the Spanish Catholic Church. A great if very sad book. He was executed largely because of his writing.

M

morefaithrequired

He sure has a lovely voice. Hey, I used to play guitar also! Which note did you play? I played many notes :D:giggle::geek::devilish:

I can play about 10 per cent of Bohemuan Rhapsody on fingerstyle guitar. The slow part.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I can play about 10 per cent of Bohemuan Rhapsody on fingerstyle guitar. The slow part.
I have hardly played a all for a very long time, but I did pick up one of my church elder's guitar a few times ealier this year, and also played Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" on skype for Bob :) There was a time in my life I did not go anywhere if it did not involve playing/jamming or music in some major fashion :geek:

M

morefaithrequired

I have hardly played a all for a very long time, but I did pick up one of my church elder's guitar a few times ealier this year, and also played Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" on skype for Bob :) There was a time in my life I did not go anywhere if it did not involve playing/jamming or music in some major fashion :geek:
you sound like a retired hippie.but now you reject their politics

M

morefaithrequired

Read the Filipino classic Noli me Tangere (available to download in English) by the hero Jose Rizal for an alternative view of the Spanish Catholic Church. A great if very sad book. He was executed largely because of his writing.
Ive started watching the movie about Rizal. Looks interesting if a little biased?? Within 5 minutes of the movie starting a priest is thrashing altar boys and molesting young women whilst preaching fire and brimstone. Im sure that kind of thing was prevalent but would be nice to see the good priests too, not just the rogue ones. For balance.
But thanks for introducing me. It is interesting for sure and shameful unfort.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The camino de Santiago way or pilgrimage to St James resting place is in Spain.

Other than that I dont know too much about spanish christianity please enlighten us. Is it Rio that has the Jesus statue.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The pilgrimage to Santiago, ¨Galicia in Spain is named fro the Apostle, James. The Spanish Catholic tradition whichis filled with superstition in place of the Word says James came and killed many of the Moors for the reconquest of the Iberan Penninsula. There is also a Catholic superstition that he brought a cross to a small town in Murcia, Spain, not far from where I live. It is said that he evangelized this area and is buried in Santiago, Galicia. The superstition riddled Catholic church in Spain is something with which to contend.... God bless ssthe members of Jesus..Yeshua, amen j.