Spare

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Potato Pave sounds scrummy

Potato cut into thin layers then pressed together with cream, cooked then sliced and baked until crispy

So no fries...or hash browns.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
Of course it's all Cordon Bleu i.e Gourmet French style cuisine . Julia Child would be pleased.

Translation --Cordon Bleu = Blue Ribbon
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
I've done the garden tour before a few times its usually around this time of year and seen the beehives. I last did the tour in Trump's first term but haven't been to DC since the glorious second term has begun. Michelle Obama's garden set up was also really good I would say too, From what I hear the 2nd Trump term garden is a bit more spruced up this time around after some people made fun of the first term styles. To note for a sorta faux-royal nod in America the White House Garden is typically under the direct rule of the First Lady actually, so in this aspect even if you don't like the Don you can still appreciate this aspect of US culture as this is actually Melania's niche where she has the pre-eminent say.

 
I'm a complete pleb. I don't eat that kind of food. Not even on special occasions.
Gateau is a very expensive cake...!

I mean I will eat food fresh from the garden, but not that fancy style of prep, of course, it's a state banquet, not a cookout or a buffet.

If was a Chinese banquet, we'd have at least 12 courses. There would be soup, and plenty of signature dishes. We'd have snow peas. Fish would be fresh, whole and not heavily sauced. Am just saying.

I mean it all sounds delicious, and I love fish, but are they all eating the same thing? Only 3 courses? Well world leaders have to watch their weight. Also, it's not very American!
 
King Charles did mention a very American drink though - cola - though I note he didn't say 'Coca-cola'
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
I'm a complete pleb. I don't eat that kind of food. Not even on special occasions.
Gateau is a very expensive cake...!

I mean I will eat food fresh from the garden, but not that fancy style of prep, of course, it's a state banquet, not a cookout or a buffet.

If was a Chinese banquet, we'd have at least 12 courses. There would be soup, and plenty of signature dishes. We'd have snow peas. Fish would be fresh, whole and not heavily sauced. Am just saying.

I mean it all sounds delicious, and I love fish, but are they all eating the same thing? Only 3 courses? Well world leaders have to watch their weight. Also, it's not very American!
It's hard to find good French food where I am from and have returned for now, but when I lived out in the DC area there was actualyl quite a few good French cuisine places. Duck confit I recommend. I'd note duck is also a kind of luxury dish in some asian cuisine, not all, but some. Lots of good Thai places actually for Asian cuisine around DC I can confirm that had real good duck dishes. For the more plebe taste though actually there's a really great dive bar type place called Annabel Lee Tavern and devoted to the poet Edgar Allan Poe in Baltimore that has amazing duck fat french fries, as well as a kind of informal exhbits of genuine artifacts of Poe, also a high recommend.

Also to not just foodie spam here's the clipped video of both President Trump and King Charles III dinner speeches for the posterity of the Spare record in the year of our Lord 2026 AD!

 
Now we all wonder, Camilla and Charles visit while Harry and Meghan go to Australia, they can't all be in the same country at the same time?
They don't go visit their son/daughter in law and grand children?

I mean not really our business, but ?!

Have Meghan and Harry ever visited the White House? Are they chummy with Mr and Mrs T? More White House/Palace intrigue!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
Now we all wonder, Camilla and Charles visit while Harry and Meghan go to Australia, they can't all be in the same country at the same time?
They don't go visit their son/daughter in law and grand children?

I mean not really our business, but ?!

Have Meghan and Harry ever visited the White House? Are they chummy with Mr and Mrs T? More White House/Palace intrigue!!
I suspect they don't like Trump, or at least Meghan anyways, but they at least are decent enough to keep it fairly minimal. Who knows though? Indeed we shall see, but I imagine with not only how well the king performed but also getting a pretty good reception, Trump treated him very well and Trump is genuinely pretty good eye for this sort of thing give him that little credit is wiser than just too much hate, Trump has a flair for patrician style, I have also been to his hotel in DC which was very nice place and top tier treatment. I think at least you could say maybe conditions around the reconcilation with Harry and Meghan is certainly looking more likely, Charles is in a concilatory and good mood, we shall see I suppose on the next episode of the Spare lol.
 
Camilla's gown is a lovely colour, and sparkly. Melania's pales in comparison. It's very ice-queen ish.

The husbands are dressed in regulation menswear, as usual, so nothing much to say about them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
Camilla's gown is a lovely colour, and sparkly. Melania's pales in comparison. It's very ice-queen ish.

The husbands are dressed in regulation menswear, as usual, so nothing much to say about them.
I like the King's suit actually it's reminiscent of one like his grandfather George VI uniform but more modern and civilian.

1777428557293.png

1777428600487.png
 
Did they have any celebs attend the dinner, like John Travolta?
Maybe Camilla not up to dancing, but she could take a fancy to I dunno...any of the handsome silver haired American screen heartthrobs.

George Clooney?

How about Meryl Streep? She played the Iron Lady.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
Did they have any celebs attend the dinner, like John Travolta?
Maybe Camilla not up to dancing, but she could take a fancy to I dunno...any of the handsome silver haired American screen heartthrobs.

George Clooney?

How about Meryl Streep? She played the Iron Lady.
Well it's a State Dinner not a gala so maybe but not like that. Also George Clooney is TDS so unlikely for him. A lot of Hollywood hate Trump because they themselves are way evil and twisted hypocrites whose own sex scandals and sins dwarf even Trump and Charles, but they have none of the grace or mercy or patrician nobility sense to try to at least move forward and do the right thing, plebes with money and fame are still just plebes.
 
What's a gala again?
I know there are school galas that raise money for the school...so would a state gala be raising money for...the state?

I don't think there's any real American royalty, or nobility. Princess Grace is long gone.

TDS?

All I can think of is Andrew Carnegie, at least he put his wealth to good use. Librarians and book lovers are forever grateful.
 
Huh ok looking at guest list, no Hollywoodites or recognisable stars, just billionaires, congressmen/women and republican lawmakers.

Among the billionaires, Jeff Bezos of Amazon, and Tim Cook, Apple executive

Fox news media of course.

Vice president JD Vance and his wife
Mr T's family, and Mrs T's family
Some of Kings Charles servants, his secretary and equerry

What, no Taylor Swift? Do they not have maybe a dinner entertainment?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: SonJudgment
I hope Queen Camilla had a good time. I have yet to hear her speak/say anything.

Looking pretty but staying silent.
 
I wonder if the guests had a plus one - were husbands and wives or partners also invited?
I mean it would be kind of awkward if King Charles could being his wife, and Mr T his, but nobody else could. I see some ladies on the guest list, were their husbands also invited? What if they were single? Maybe had an escort?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
Were the Fox news media invited so they can listen in on the dinner conversations and report them? Any good bon mots?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment
Blah dom -- news reporters with nothing better to report are just repeating banal opinions on what the ladies were wearing. Then getting into a kerfuffle about the dress code, applying British standards to America. Um, just let the ladies wear what they like! If you spending thousands of dollars on designer gown, you can't just change your mind and say well I'm just gonna go in my pyjamas. Some were even saying huh what no tiaras?? Uh it's the White House, not Buckingham Palace.

Royals sure bring out the fashion police and it's stupid. So what if Melania wears a strapless off the shoulder gown. She can if she wants and has the shoulders for it. So what if Camilla wears bright pink or fuschia. She has to be seen somehow. Men never get lambasted over what they wear.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SonJudgment