Spare

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
The Brit royals have been supported by the UK for years and years. Millions and millions each year. After a couple years you are talking about real money. I do believe however that a few years the UK turned off the money tap. Citizens there consider the royals to be parasites.
For sure.
Most of the European countries ditched their Royals but the Brits still hang on to theirs. Basically it's only really through goodwill of the public they are surviving.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Some good news

Kings nephew Peter Phillips got married.

Peter is Princess Anne's eldest son. He got married to NHS nurse Harriet Sperling. Was it a rainy day? Photos show them carrying umbrellas. Hmm was second marriage for both of them. Read full article below. Thanks BBC. Didn't make the front page of the NZ herald, it was stuck in the World news section instead with just one photo as reported by the Telegraph. They married in Harriet's home village All Saints church.


William and Catherine were there, as was Beatrice and Eugenie, but not Harry nor Meghan, as of course, they live in another country now. Peter would be Harry's cousin, but it doesn't seem like he was close to his Aunt Anne's children as he is to Uncle Andrews.

Also, Epsom Derby was on the same day, so King Charles and Queen Camilla made a quick exit to catch the horses.
 
This is a news forum with news thats been reported not a gossip column, all the Royal news is documented and what actually happened, not just peoples opinions.

I mean people can have their opinions but if someone is making claims they need to be substantiated for sure, with witnesses, first hand accounts, or evidence such as photos, times, dates, transcripts, etc.

Sure some tabloid journalism IS made up or wildly speculative. ie. Fake news, but I think most of us recognise it for what it is, and not a PR stunt. The interesting thing about the Royal family is their relationship with the media. They are in the public eye, but we don't always need to know every single detail about them, and they are real people, not mere actors. So they do have personal lives of their own. They are human like everybody else, and have their flaws.

Just very wealthy, priveliged, high born, and in some cases, anointed to rule or serve their nation in ways ordinary people do not. And the Monarchy is heredity in this case and for life. And in the British royal family who are the nominal head of their own church. the Church of England, its kind of similar to having a Pope almost, in that they are supposed to uphold the faith and the traditions of the church, serve the populace etc.

It's not like electing a President and having them a term in office. Anyway, I just coral all news about the Royal family into this Spare thread now, since it is still Harry's family, even though he and Meghan have supposedly left it behind and don't consider themselves Royal anymore. It is odd that Meghan still uses and refers to herself as the Duchess of Sussex though. A Duchess is married to a Duke but I'm so used to Harry being Prince Harry.
Dukes are also supposed to care about the land they are Duke of, I can not figure out why, if Meghan really is Duchess of Sussex, she doesn't choose to live in Sussex. Which is a county or district of England if I'm correct. She and Harry now live in Montecito, California.
 
In other words your claims are nothing more than gossip ?
Are you referring to my claim that King Charles is a 33rd degree Mason? It is on his heraldic achievement. My source is

The Antichrist and a Cup of Tea by Tim Cohen.​

 
Link doesn't give me anything, It doesn't sound like news. I mean maybe King Charles has a cup of tea. Maybe one day he met the Pope and had a cup of tea, IDK. Any photos or evidence that he did?
 
I'll have a look at his heraldry...

Don't know if this is fake or real, just googled it

download-8.jpg
 
What we do know is his brother, Andrew is probably not in His good books at the moment. I mean based on his behaviour, I can't see into his heart. We can tell someone by his fruits though.
 
Link doesn't give me anything, It doesn't sound like news. I mean maybe King Charles has a cup of tea. Maybe one day he met the Pope and had a cup of tea, IDK. Any photos or evidence that he did?
Yes, Tim Cohen wrote a book with the evidence and he has given many interviews and videos.

Here is a short video on the topic. Janie Duvall has several videos and interviews with Tim Cohen on this topic which are more extensive.



6 Major Signs King Charles is the Antichrist

Now I completely agree with Tim Cohen's analysis of King Charles heraldic achievement except for the conclusion. Yes, the book of Revelation describes this heraldic achievement and yes it can only refer to King Charles, but the heraldic achievement says that King Charles "serves the Black prince" not "is the black prince". I disagree with the conclusion that King Charles is "The Antichrist". I am not the one saying he is the Antichrist, that is the title to this video by Janie Duvall.
 
Um ok

That's a bit...out there. I've heard worse.
Imagine if your family were accused of being lizards.
 
Um ok

That's a bit...out there. I've heard worse.
Imagine if your family were accused of being lizards.
Good point, a lot of nutty things on the internet like this claim that this was a portrait that he commissioned. Who would do that? No one. https://wwd.com/pop-culture/culture-news/king-charles-portrait-red-jonathan-yeo-art-1236382180/

or imagine someone claiming the King of England would put the god Pan on his coronation invitation. The guy is the head of the church of England, such a thing is ridiculous. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/04/green-man-king-charles-coronation-invitation.html

Or think of claiming the grim reaper was at his coronation! Come on man! https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/grim-reaper-king-charles-coronation/
 
I think people have a bit tooo much time on their hands or a vivid imagination.

Well at least you not getting your news from the Women's Wear Daily. Oh wait you are.
We don't have that here, or at least in my country, the royal news was always splashed on the big 3 - Woman's Weekly, Woman's Day, and New Idea. They make mountains out of molehills all the time.

download-12.jpg download-11.jpgdownload-10.jpg
 
I don't ever buy them. The only time I read them is when waiting around in the hospital or at the fish and chips.

You'd have maybe 4 pages of recipes, 2 pages of puzzles, 5 pages of fashion you can't afford and about 30 pages of gossip.
 
I don't ever buy them. The only time I read them is when waiting around in the hospital or at the fish and chips.

You'd have maybe 4 pages of recipes, 2 pages of puzzles, 5 pages of fashion you can't afford and about 30 pages of gossip.
I don't ever read them.
 
They good for a laugh, but it's a low brow form of literature.

I'm supposing you're more of a TIME magazine reader.



images-2.jpgimages-1.jpgimages.jpg