Spare

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I read the NZ Herald, now know as the H

Sometimes they have New York Times articles in there, as well as the Daily Telegraph. I can tell because there's nothing much else to report in New Zealand so they have to resort to printing articles from somewhere else. They put the source right down in little letters at the end of the article.

Its usually some travel articles to places far away in Europe that ordinary New Zealanders can't afford to go to. Or entertainers from the US. It will talk about stuff thats not relevant to where we live, or our people, as if we can all afford the chic and metropolitan lifestyle of New Yorkers and Londoners.

Royal news in magazines tends to come from 'our sources' which usually means a disgruntled servant or hairdresser has blabbed. Or it could come from the Royals themselves, who knows?

Royal reporters have cushy, if boring jobs. If there's nothing much to report because the novelty has worn off, anyone can just comment on what clothes Kate is wearing, or brings out old pictures of her wearing the same gowns, and then marvelling that she can wear the same outfit twice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
When was the last time you read TIME?
1980s, I left the US in the 80s, and since returning I have never had a subscription, nor have I ever had the magazine in my house. I may have seen it in a waiting room, who knows.
 
1980s, I left the US in the 80s, and since returning I have never had a subscription, nor have I ever had the magazine in my house. I may have seen it in a waiting room, who knows.
My sister used to subscribe, it would have been the early 90s. She had a sub because she needed the articles/current affairs for school projects.
When I was bored I'd read them. Every year they'd have a Times most influential person or 'person of the year'.
I remember they always had ads for watches on the back. Rolex, Omega, Citizen...

I was at the dentist today, and they had the latest copies of National Geographic. I prefer them. They also have ads for watches in them.
 
NG also has ads for compasses that are built into those expensive watches.
But I think they are out of date. I mean look at this cover

download-4.jpg
 
download-5.jpg I haven't seen this one, but I wonder if they wrote about how the British Royal family changed our geography. I mean so many places are named after them. In my country we have so many Queen Streets, there's a Queenstown, there's Victoria and Albert Streets, Princes Street, Princess Street etc. In New Zealand just below Auckland is a region called King Country. In Australia there's a Queensland.The British empire is far reaching.

Queen Elizabeth has a portion of Antarctica named after her - Queen Elizabeth Land.
I suspect Mr T wanted Greenland because he thought he could just have a land like the Royals have their own countries. I don't know if he actually understands how it all works.
 
What he could have done and it's probably better for everyone if he did, was build his own land like Walt Disney did, and charge people to come spend the day there. Instead of trying to take over everyone else's. Then he could make it as Great as he wanted. I think he'd earn a lot of respect if he did that. But no he had to go on with his delusions.

Anyway thats just my humble opinion that nobody has to take any notice of.
 
Am reading a book called Barbieland. About the Barbie empire. Barbie is the undisputed Queen of plastic dolls. Ken is her consort.
She lives in the Barbie Dreamhouse and is beloved by many girls and even some boys.

But there's a dark side to Barbie that not many people know. Her creator had some trouble paying her taxes...?
 
Sorry an aside.

So anyway the latest news as reported in the NZ Herald, which isn't actually news, maybe just filler.

Duchess Catherine's medical records were somehow leaked by ?? and that person attempted to sell them to journos.
Some people just don't respect patient confidentiality. It's hard enough that she has to undergo cancer treatment and face the public - why would someone then divulge all her personal private business when she hasn't asked them to.

She likely has the best medical care available to her, what would be the point of broadcasting this information for some hack or quack to take advantage of her wellbeing. Yes people are only human to be concerned but we don't need to know every single detail..and its actually criminal to take someones medical records and attempt sell them. And what kind of unethical person would actually buy them???

Anyway..
 
Both public and private healthcare have their issues, the thing about private is that you buy it and can have it immediately, public you may have to wait but it's free and paid for by your taxes.
In both cases medical professionals need to respect patient confidentiality.
 
There's another William and Catherine couple that's quite esteemed in Christian circles, the Booths.

Their ministry was the Salvation Army.
I'm just wondering what the Royal William and Catherine's ministries are. Or what charities they are patron of.

Harry is known for Invictus Games which helps wounded and injured veterans rehabilitate using sports.
Meghan had a number of causes but I don't know if she stuck with them.

It really is interesting to see what the Royals support in terms of charities and ministries. Surely that can be the news rather than what they are wearing.

After all Princess Diana drew attention to the Landmines issue and she was just in a shirt and jeans. Oh and PPE. She liked visiting hospitals.
Princess Anne has always supported Save the Children. She also does horse riding for the disabled.

I just can't think off the top of my head
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
I looked up the Archewell Foundation and found they changed their name to Archewell Philanthropies.

This is Harry and Meghan's charity. Or the money they use to support the charities.

But its just one page and it does not tell you anything else except they changed their name. No pictures, no about page, no list of charities, no contact, nothing. No mention even of the Netflix series. Odd?

Are they refusing to engage or...are they all on instagram or something.
 
Huh do they not have Montessori schools in the UK?

Princess Catherine went to Italy on a fact-finding mission there for early childhood education.
 

I suppose they do, maybe she just wanted to talk to the original founders.
We also have Montessori schools in NZ and playcentres, which are unique to NZ.
And kindergartens ( a german idea)
 
Come visit NZ Playcentres, Princess Catherine, if you are ok with a long-haul flight. Bring your children. Or just zoom.
 

Huh reminds me I need to fill in my tax return before July 7

Good one King Charles! And also, at least you choosing to reveal and be transparent - nobody is stealing your info and then selling it. Also, I hope not lying about it either like the creator of Barbie in their annual report.
We all need to be held accountable.
 
No taxation without representation right? Or is it no representation without tax? 🤔
 
God save the King

Actually I am sure there are many in the UK who are Royalists (and just as many who are Dis-royalists) who pray for this family, as we are constantly bombarded in the media with all their exploits, and family dramas. lol

The Kardashians and Kennedys have nothing on them. I can't even think of a family in my own country that everyone 'knows' from the grandparents down to the grandchildren and the aunties and uncles. Even Jesus own family, we don't even know the name of all his sisters and brothers, or all the details of his childhood past his birth before he started his ministry. Like there are many missing years not recorded in the Bible.

Sorry this is not news to anybody really, just that no news is sometimes good news!
 
More news today detailing the tax paid by King Charles something like 30 million pounds the past financial year.

hmm, well, everyone has to pay tax don't they? Nobody's exempt (except children) Buckingham Palace takes a lot to maintain....

Meghan and Prince Harry aren't saying how much tax they are paying but I can imagine living in Montecito, California is not cheap.

Anyway, probably not important news to anybody but I always wondered how they made their money, and why the Queen and Royal family were so rich. They 'own' a lot of land and can charge their tenants I suppose. Some kind of feudalism? That never went away.
In NZ we just trade and speculate on land and properties like a game of Monopoly.

I hate playing Monopoly. Depending on my luck, I always end up with the cheap streets lol.
 
Does former Prince Andrew have his own 'get out of jail free' card?
The olden day Royals just stuck them in the dungeons and tortured them.
 
Ok maybe the figure was a bit off. Maybe thats the total the royal family (not just King Charles) pays.

The concrete figures are in


If amounts are a bit woolly its because the news has converted it into NZ dollars, but for sure I don't know anyone living here with that amount of money, if they do they keep it under wraps.

Some people think I'm just against all rich peeps but it's really because in NZ the only real way to build wealth is to buy and sell land and property. And there's only so much to go round. Maori got hoodwinked into selling their land, for a song, and now deeply regret doing so. But in other cases they got their land confiscated or it was fought over when they didn't have the concept of someone 'owning' it and cutting it up into bits and pieces, like how Africa is a big patchwork of colonial owned countries. ( who now have independence)

I will not even get into the politics of the Holy Land.