Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MadParrotWoman

I have to admit that there seems to be a lot of heated debate going on here just lately, I know that is the usual but it has become more than usual and it's not the kind of talk that is likely to bring the lost to Jesus. Lots of duplicate posts on the same old subject - it used to be the "OSAS" topic but the new one seems to be "Legalist" topics, people get tired of the same old arguments and the stalwarts get bored with it and one by one start to leave the forum. It's such a shame when this forum could be used as a springboard to spread the good news of the Gospel to so many of the unsaved.

Then there's those who do not show the love of Christ to their fellow brothers and sisters, some with "short fuses" who do not give others the benefit of the doubt as to the meaning of their posts....please, this is not directed at anyone in particular - it's just an observation since I've been here. I would just like people to think "does this show the love of Christ" before they post and to be perfectly honest I'm as guilty as the next and have to watch my own words/behaviour. As before, this behaviour does not bring the lost to Christ and ultimately this should be our goal.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I’ve got peace like a river,
I’ve got peace like a river in my soul,

I’ve got peace like a river in my soul.

I’ve got love like an ocean,
I’ve got love like an ocean in my soul,

I’ve got love like an ocean in my soul.

I’ve got joy like a fountain,
I’ve got joy like a fountain in my soul,

I’ve got joy like a fountain in my soul.

Let's all sing together and get back on a peaceful track......
I know the song "Row Your Boat" where you go merrily down the drain, oh, sorry, stream.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Hey ya'll. Please be keeping Oregon in your prayers... Community college shooting at Umpqua Community College in Rosebug.. Officials are reporting multiple casualties. Father God please be with the entire college as well as the families of those students, professors, faculty, and staff.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I know the song "Row Your Boat" where you go merrily down the drain, oh, sorry, stream.
There is also the song, Michael Row The Boat Ashore...
do you know it? Here are the lyrics:

Michael, row the boat ashore, hallelujah

Michael's boat is a gospel boat, hallelujah
Michael's boat is a gospel boat, hallelujah

River Jordan is chilly and cold, hallelujah
Chills the body but warms the soul, hallelujah
Jordan's water is deep and wide, hallelujah
Milk and honey on the other side, hallelujah

Trumpets sound the jubilee, hallelujah
Trumpets sound for you and me, hallelujah

There are quite a few different versions of this song, but
this is the one that comes closest to what I was thinking:

[video=youtube;Bv5jlHFgeio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv5jlHFgeio[/video]

S

sydlit

Dude, All she did was try to get you and someone else to stop bickering with each other. She did not attack you. If you can not take any correction. then maybe this is not the place for you. But this "last word" crap that is going on has got to stop. Either show some humility and apologize to each other if that's what you need to do. or leave it be. and stop bringing it up This continued he said she said crap is getting old and will never solve anything.
sorry, brother, I want to agree with you, but this time you're wrong, you didn't go back far enough. I was blind-sided and actually told to shut up out of the clear blue because someone decided they didnt like and misinterpreted something I said in another post that had Nothing to do with her. I had a right to 'speak my mind', (and i had said nothing wrong), she had no right to slam me publicly, I then had a right to defend myself, and I offered a chance to address me in pvt, not because i wanted to talk to HER! but to give her a chance, and keep it out of you folks business. She didnt, and kept it public. That's fine, but then she twisted it to make it seem as if SHE was offering ME to pm HER! Sure, she did Afterward, but why should I?and now she's garnered sympathy from others, as if a truce is in order and can only happen if I somehow apologize for being slammed in the first place. Not this time. I've been forced into the role of apologizing for being a victim in the past, not gonna do it again. I'm sorry to you, e-g, I never had a quarrel with you, and don't intend to have one now, and I understand your desire as role of peacemaker. I want that too. There's a common sense order to that. When are we gonna stop misplacing blame? Or have we gotten so twisted that we now expect ppl to apologize for what someone else says and does to them?! It's kinda like the world expecting Israel, or even America, to apologize to the terrorists. (Oh, that's right, presidentO does that already, doesn't he? ... oops,bad example,;))

C

cmarieh

My doctor told me last week to avoid stress and anxiety, right? Well a friend just told me she ran off and got married talk about not giving me any stress:rolleyes:

C

cmarieh

My doctor told me last week to avoid stress and anxiety, right? Well a friend just told me she ran off and got married talk about not giving me any stress:rolleyes:
Oh and then said she was kidding. I want to hit her with a newspaper, but I wont

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
sorry, brother, I want to agree with you, but this time you're wrong, you didn't go back far enough. I was blind-sided and actually told to shut up out of the clear blue because someone decided they didnt like and misinterpreted something I said in another post that had Nothing to do with her. I had a right to 'speak my mind', (and i had said nothing wrong), she had no right to slam me publicly, I then had a right to defend myself, and I offered a chance to address me in pvt, not because i wanted to talk to HER! but to give her a chance, and keep it out of you folks business. She didnt, and kept it public. That's fine, but then she twisted it to make it seem as if SHE was offering ME to pm HER! Sure, she did Afterward, but why should I?and now she's garnered sympathy from others, as if a truce is in order and can only happen if I somehow apologize for being slammed in the first place. Not this time. I've been forced into the role of apologizing for being a victim in the past, not gonna do it again. I'm sorry to you, e-g, I never had a quarrel with you, and don't intend to have one now, and I understand your desire as role of peacemaker. I want that too. There's a common sense order to that. When are we gonna stop misplacing blame? Or have we gotten so twisted that we now expect ppl to apologize for what someone else says and does to them?! It's kinda like the world expecting Israel, or even America, to apologize to the terrorists. (Oh, that's right, presidentO does that already, doesn't he? ... oops,bad example,;))

I apologized to you in pm. Now please drop the subject. I'm done talking about it. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

So instead of being Like Jesus you want to be like the pharisee. and tha makes it alright.

If you need to defend yourself. You have more issues than people can help you with, Sometimes it is better to remember 70 X 7 then to continue on and on and scream he said she said continually. is it not?

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
How is everyone doing tonight? Frank, praying for you.

May I add that we may all want to take a look at Matthew 18:15-20

C

cmarieh

How is everyone doing tonight? Frank, praying for you.

May I add that we may all want to take a look at Matthew 18:15-20
I wanna sing to the Lord tonight for he has been so good and faithful to me:)l

S

sydlit

So instead of being Like Jesus you want to be like the pharisee. and tha makes it alright.

If you need to defend yourself. You have more issues than people can help you with, Sometimes it is better to remember 70 X 7 then to continue on and on and scream he said she said continually. is it not?
sooo, even after being shown you were wrong , you chose to go after me a second time. Now youre wrong twice, yet you never said a word to the one that started this by sticking her nose and attacking me out of the blue in the first place. Who you calling a pharisee you hypochrite, I had already said I hold no unforgiveness, whether I got an apology or not, and if you would have taken your head out of 'it' long enough, you would've read that already, and even though I said I had no quarrel with you, you also had to stick your nose in it again. Ok, jack, you made your choice to go after me, you chose poorly. The only issue I have with this is I was rolling along, got blindsided by a nasty, uncalled for tirade, and now a little minion is calling me a pharisee and telling me how to be a proper christian. Like mother like son, I guess. And yeah, I guess when the self-righteous attack, sometimes one feels a need to defend oneself. Who else is gonna defend me here, YOU?! Right. You didn't have to set a divide between us, e-g, I feel bad that you chose to.