Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Good morning everyone. :coffee: The good news is today is my day off from work this week. :) The bad news is we decided to cancel our vacation (Southern Caribbean cruise) at the end of March. :( There is way too much hype, panic and fear over the coronavirus! We don't want to take the chance of getting stranded or quarantined on the ship or at an airport etc.. because someone is sick. Plus our ship may not even be able to dock at all the ports we were planning to visit. Our co-workers at both jobs are in a panic, strongly advising us to cancel the cruise as well. If we did go on the cruise, we would probably be treated like lepers at work when we got back. What horrible timing it was to book a cruise this year at this time, but it is what it is. Will just have to grin and bear it.
All things considered, a very good decision. 'sides, you guys are on vacation three months a year anyhoo!

laughing.png

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
On a serious note, these are the Statistics people should think about AND wonder about:

How many people die from the flu each year in the U.S.?
ANSWER
The number of people who die each year from flu-related causes in the U.S. is 8,200 to 20,000.

(here)

Yes, this corona virus is a serious thing, BUT, is the reaction we are seeing relevant? If it is, then given the above Statistics, WHY do we not see the SAME fear and concern given to the Flu? Serious question.........

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
On a serious note, these are the Statistics people should think about AND wonder about:

ANSWER
The number of people who die each year from flu-related causes in the U.S. is 8,200 to 20,000.

(here)

Yes, this corona virus is a serious thing, BUT, is the reaction we are seeing relevant? If it is, then given the above Statistics, WHY do we not see the SAME fear and concern given to the Flu? Serious question.........
As I understand it, and this could change as more is learned about the virus, it's more contagious than the flu.

Again, that could turn out not to be the case.

But given the rate that it's spreading, it seems possible.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Jan 25, 2015

ANSWER

(here)

I told my wife the exact same thing. Somebody is busy pulling the wool over our eyes. Corona made the world economy take a downward spiral.... but China is in serious trouble now as a result.

Jan 25, 2015
As I understand it, and this could change as more is learned about the virus, it's more contagious than the flu.

Again, that could turn out not to be the case.

But given the rate that it's spreading, it seems possible.
I know my American friends don't watch cricket (the game :p ) but when England toured South Africa in December/January, 50% of their team was down with flu as they arrived in SA (flu was bad in December in SA). I still think the Corona stats are usual for flue symptoms. And the flu they got was bad. I had it last year :(

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I know my American friends don't watch cricket (the game :p ) but when England toured South Africa in December/January, 50% of their team was down with flu as they arrived in SA (flu was bad in December in SA). I still think the Corona stats are usual for flue symptoms. And the flu they got was bad. I had it last year :(
They are telling us here in the UK via newspaper that new cases of the virus should peak in about a fortnight. I'm wondering how they could know that if it's not under control :unsure:. It makes me suspicious.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Do you have info. on 'Coronavirus' in South Africa?
---
It seems that we do not hear much on the news.. about 'Coronavirus outbreak' in Africa.
---
Maybe you already mentioned on other posts..

Jan 25, 2015
Do you have info. on 'Coronavirus' in South Africa?
---
It seems that we do not hear much on the news.. about 'Coronavirus outbreak' in Africa.
---
Maybe you already mentioned on other posts..
We have 13 confirmed cases and one person is critical.