Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 25, 2015
I dont like those Bullmastiff dogs because I got chased by one and was nearly attacked but I called out to the Lord and he saved me in a very practical yet remarkable way. Ruby survived the ordeal, walked home in amazement and thanked the Lord.

They say if a Bully don't like a person, you have to be careful of that person...........

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
They say if a Bully don't like a person, you have to be careful of that person...........
Lol, you better careful of me Gandy
This dog was owned by these psycho couple who lived up the road from me and used to bark at me when I would go for my walks. It was behind a fence except on this particular day. Oh boy!!!!!

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
This dog was owned by these psycho couple who lived up the road from me and used to bark at me when I would go for my walks. It was behind a fence except on this particular day. Oh boy!!!!!
The psycho couple used to bark at you?

:D

(just teasing you)

:)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Was it a chihuahua or a toy poodle?

:LOL:

(still teasing you)

Jan 25, 2015
Our dame was also a bit aggressive but with us she was a sweetheart.

I went to a church get together on a farm once and this farmer had a Boerboel male. It was a monster of a dog (muscles everywhere) and as I walked pass he was barking and growling at me. I stopped and started to talk to him and he was more hesitant but still didn't want to approach me.

That afternoon we had a barbeque and there was some leftover sausage. The evening as I approached the fence this dog started to bounce like a cartoon dog because he could smell the meat. I stopped and he was all over me and I made a new friend.... with a little help of my leftover barbequed sausage :ROFL:

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
So - you've had your adrenaline-rush excitement for the day, huh? :geek:

;)

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
So for those who may be interested in my dog attack story. It is certainly an example of God's love and protection.

I came home from work and went for a walk. You know the exercise and destress routine. I had to walk past two houses that were always a concern to me. One was the psycho residence owned by a psycho couple and their angry psycho Bullmastiff dog. Directly opposite to that house was an new elderly couple with their short stocky Bull Terrier dog (Duke). Psycho dog was always behind a fence and Duke was always on the front porch soaking up the sun and sleeping. He was not behind a fence, in fact there was no fencing on his property. He never bothered me but because of his breed and size he did concern me.

On this particular evening I went for my usual walk and came to the two houses of concern. Psycho dog would usually see me and start barking and growling as I walked past. Duke would wake up from his slumber, look at me then go back to sleep. As I came to the two houses there was no barking from psycho dog. Duke however woke up from his sleep and looked. I thought great psycho dog has gone Hallelujah!!! Then suddenly psycho started barking, I looked and he was at the front of the house and not behind the fence. He barked, growled and came running towards me. I thought "Oh no, I am a gonner!!!"" The only thing I could do was say in my mind "Lord HELP!!!!!"

The whole thing was a bit of a blur and seemed to have happened in slow motion but Duke came running over to me and stood directly by my side and walked with me as if I were his owner. I did not know Duke nor at this stage hadn't met his elderly parents yet. He growled at psycho dog who at this stage was savagely barking and grinding his teeth at me. Duke stood between me and psycho and growled as though he was saying "stay away from her". Psycho backed off and went back to his place and Duke continued to walk with me. At some point when I was far enough, he stopped looked at me as though he was saying goodbye and turned around and walked back home. I was shocked. I cannot figure out how he managed to get to me before Psycho as Psycho had a head start. I quickly thanked the Lord and continued my walk.

On my way back I had to once again pass these two houses to return to mine so I quickly said a prayer. "Lord help me please again" I continued on and the same thing happened. Psycho barked, came running and growling and grinding his teeth. Duke was fast asleep on his porch came running over and stood right next to me shielding me from psycho. He growled at psycho and psycho backed off and returned home. Duke continued to walk with me until I reached my drive way. At this point he stopped, said goodbye and took off back home. I was amazed again. I thanked the Lord.

When I saw Dukes elderly father in his garden I told him the story of how his dog protected me. I ended up becoming very good friends with him, his wife and dog for quite a few years. I heard all of his stories. He in fact was the only living captain of the large whaling boats that we had here when whaling in the seventies was the main industry. She had some amazing stories too and Duke and I used to go for walks together as they were both too unwell to walk him. All three have since passed on. This was a few years ago and I have fond memories of all three of them and a testimony of Gods love and protection :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Hi all! Happy Hump Day!
John- what do I do with Beef kidneys? have them in water in the fridge right now,
I hear they have a strong taste, almost thinking of brining and smoking them, I am real partial to Hickory Smoke.
I've never actually cooked them before. The British make a steak and kidney pie...but I've never actually had access to kidneys before. And I'm not sure of their texture and flavor.

The biggest reason I'm somewhat cautious about eating them is that they are another organ meat that is super high in cholesterol. Eggs have good and bad cholesterol in them so they are a wash when eating them. Organ meats just have the bad kind.

Not that they will instantly kill you...but a steady diet of them ain't so good. And I like liver...not that chalky nasty overcooked garbage my mother made me eat. But something that tastes like a type of butter. Paté is made with liver and is really good (when made well) and usually difficult to find unless you make it yourself.

Or liver and onions with bacon...but I space those sorts of meals out because of the extremely rich nature of them. (How many sticks of butter can you eat at a meal?)