Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Just say whatever you want Zero. Angry people are everywhere.
Just a side note - I don't think they are angry. I often side with people who are angry about something because they often have a valid reason. I believe that the people who go around making negative comments and stuff are usually just trying to one-up the other person. It's something animals do to position themselves above lesser members of a group. They are trying to establish themselves as dominant over the other person. For example, if someone says "I like donuts", then someone else says, "Fine. Go ahead and make yourself ugly and fat with all that sugar". On the surface it might look like the person is just stating opinion or being informative, but the real purpose behind a statement like that is usually to belittle the other person while making themselves feel and sound superior.

Aug 2, 2009
Let's talk about things that we like. What things do you like?

I like sunsets, kittens, fall (I used to not understand why women like fall so much but now I do), soft music, beaches, nice cars and cool-looking electric guitars.

G

Godsgirl83

To be honest, I'm kind of trying to figure that out for myself.
I mean, when I was a child I had all these dreams of how to grow up, and what to do (as children usually do). But I also was very easily influenced, and had that (what I believe is natural for children) desire to be "just like mommy". As I got older, in my young adult years, I was one of very few young adults in my church and had several "moms" and a few church "dads" that tried to influence me (some more than others) and because I was so easily influenced at the time there are/were several things that I allowed myself to be talked out of.

Well, then came marriage and not to long after a crew of kiddos :) .
So now, many "interest" kind of revolve around what the family as a whole is into (not that I'm complaining, we do some pretty cool stuff!) But I'm beginning to be able to separate is this truly me, or is it because of my role?
The awesome thing about it all though is that as I let go of what I want, or thought I wanted and just say "hey Lord what do YOU want here?" EVERYTHING falls into place.

Um, but I can 2nd Zero's list, I like those things too.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
To be honest, I'm kind of trying to figure that out for myself.
I mean, when I was a child I had all these dreams of how to grow up, and what to do (as children usually do). But I also was very easily influenced, and had that (what I believe is natural for children) desire to be "just like mommy". As I got older, in my young adult years, I was one of very few young adults in my church and had several "moms" and a few church "dads" that tried to influence me (some more than others) and because I was so easily influenced at the time there are/were several things that I allowed myself to be talked out of.

Well, then came marriage and not to long after a crew of kiddos :) .
So now, many "interest" kind of revolve around what the family as a whole is into (not that I'm complaining, we do some pretty cool stuff!) But I'm beginning to be able to separate is this truly me, or is it because of my role?
The awesome thing about it all though is that as I let go of what I want, or thought I wanted and just say "hey Lord what do YOU want here?" EVERYTHING falls into place.

Um, but I can 2nd Zero's list, I like those things too.
Yes Zero's list sounds good.
I would have to ponder my likes too. Your right sometimes you are told what to like and you dont even question it. A thought provoking question. I can answer straight away though that I enjoy coffee, donuts and I like cats.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"The awesome thing about it all though is that as I let go of what I want, or thought I wanted and just say "hey Lord what do YOU want here?" EVERYTHING falls into place. "

Nicely said GG, when we are hidden in Him, the best happens.
He is outrageously happy when we will give Him first place.
bless you

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Me ain't scared! I am a weirdo and me not assamed to admit it! :D:geek:
Okay then you can add me of Facebook akpobome ajueshi and we can share convos about our walk in Christ and everything else Honestly .I never judge . yes ? God made us all unique ,I am glad Mr weirdo

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes Zero's list sounds good.
I would have to ponder my likes too. Your right sometimes you are told what to like and you dont even question it. A thought provoking question. I can answer straight away though that I enjoy coffee, donuts and I like cats.
Exactly. Coffee, donuts, cats.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I think I HAVE found life long friends here. I know our friends here on earth will be our friends in and for eternity, and in reality eternity has already started, we are living it, beginning on this side of the veil.