Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
“Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”

Matthew 5:9 (KJV)

I found a good Article concerning the Beatitudes and wanted to share it.

EXCERPT:

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”​
With each beatitude, another nail is driven into a coffin. Inside the coffin lies the corpse of a false understanding of salvation. The false understanding says that a person can be saved without being changed. Or, that a person can inherit eternal life even if his attitudes and actions are like the attitudes and actions of unbelievers.

HERE:

Blessed Are the Peacemakers | Desiring God

(I am not familiar with this person, but I do like their thoughts on this)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Someone (who will remain unidentified) once told me:

"You have a face only a mother could love, and a voice only God could love."

elephant2.jpg

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Men die of suicide much more often than women. Women get to express themselves and get help. Men express themselves, and get called a wimp and told to man up. For some reason ive only seen people care about women's mental health issues while ignoring men's. I really wish this stigma can change and that both men and women can be treated as equals when it comes to this. Men die by suicide 3.5x the rate of women.. About 60% of men are likely to experience trauma. 50% of men are afraid to seek help. It's because of society and the stigma of gender roles. God knows I've had my battles. Back in August I had a mental breakdown at a picnic, felt more alone being around people I knew than being by myself watching strangers passing buy. Mens mental health matters.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Good thoughts. Actually though, men have themselves to blame for being held to a different standard than women. And, in my opinion, men are the ones who created the standards.

Maybe the Congregations would be a place to start addressing mental health for men. Some sort of mens groupe or prayer groupe that would give a place for men to begin to open up, and to receive Christian support without being belittled or called names or such.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
“Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Matthew 5:3 (KJV)

Who are the "poor in spirit?"

Matthew Henry said this:

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
5:3-12 Our Saviour here gives eight characters of blessed people, which represent to us the principal graces of a Christian. 1. The poor in spirit are happy. These bring their minds to their condition, when it is a low condition. They are humble and lowly in their own eyes. They see their want, bewail their guilt, and thirst after a Redeemer.

HERE:

Matthew 5 Commentary - Matthew Henry Commentary …

RolloTamasi

Nov 10, 2021
Dunkin Donuts started in Boston the year I was born.
People think I'm imagining things when I talk about honey dip donuts.

1637692469910.jpeg

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Men die of suicide much more often than women. Women get to express themselves and get help. Men express themselves, and get called a wimp and told to man up. For some reason ive only seen people care about women's mental health issues while ignoring men's. I really wish this stigma can change and that both men and women can be treated as equals when it comes to this. Men die by suicide 3.5x the rate of women.. About 60% of men are likely to experience trauma. 50% of men are afraid to seek help. It's because of society and the stigma of gender roles. God knows I've had my battles. Back in August I had a mental breakdown at a picnic, felt more alone being around people I knew than being by myself watching strangers passing buy. Mens mental health matters.

Most men use the resource available to them to talk out their feelings and bond with other men. It's called Happy Hour and it meets every night down at the bar.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I'm just a rocking and rolling on the candy this morning...

So far I've got dipped:
Coffee/Kahlua, Gran Marnier, and orange...

Online and waiting for chocolate to temper is
Caramel, grasshopper, and orange peels.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I got the coconut candies also dipped today.
So all total that's 4dozen (at least) of 7 different varieties of truffle...five more to go. Yes...that's over 300 pieces of candy I've made today. I'm about ⅓ finished with candy as I've got more of the Nashville contingent to finish before I start on the Georgia group.

But I've not got much of the cookies done yet...I've only got two batches of toll house baked. I've got a bunch of the decorative shortbread ready to slice and bake of checkerboard and swirls...no sandwich cookies yet.

But I can knock them out fast fast fast.

But my MIL called today(from Georgia) to put in her order for what candies she claims are her favorites.

But in the meantime I've got pumpkin and pecan pies in the oven.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I got the coconut candies also dipped today.
So all total that's 4dozen (at least) of 7 different varieties of truffle...five more to go. Yes...that's over 300 pieces of candy I've made today. I'm about ⅓ finished with candy as I've got more of the Nashville contingent to finish before I start on the Georgia group.

But I've not got much of the cookies done yet...I've only got two batches of toll house baked. I've got a bunch of the decorative shortbread ready to slice and bake of checkerboard and swirls...no sandwich cookies yet.

But I can knock them out fast fast fast.

But my MIL called today(from Georgia) to put in her order for what candies she claims are her favorites.

But in the meantime I've got pumpkin and pecan pies in the oven.
This is great news. I'll forward you my address, don't worry about express mail, not an issue!

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Good thoughts. Actually though, men have themselves to blame for being held to a different standard than women. And, in my opinion, men are the ones who created the standards.

Maybe the Congregations would be a place to start addressing mental health for men. Some sort of mens groupe or prayer groupe that would give a place for men to begin to open up, and to receive Christian support without being belittled or called names or such.
Oh I'm not blaming women for this. Of course it's men who created these standards. They are the ones who will go "be a man, suck it up bucko" at you if you show emotion.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
Ugh....I just saw this big roach in my bathroom. Took me by complete surprise since I thought they go into hibernation when it's cold outside. 😕

So I figured it's probably because I've been keeping the heater on....and they're wanting to come in because it's warm in my house.

And here I was thinking I wouldn't have to worry about those things because of the weather. 😭

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
And by the way....I DO try to keep a clean house....as far as food and whatnot goes. Although I admit I have been slacking off lately....

I guess even in the cold, you need to be careful. ☹️

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Mice, they try to come in for the winter, got about 8 so far, no more, I think I got them all for a while.