Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Ugh....I just saw this big roach in my bathroom. Took me by complete surprise since I thought they go into hibernation when it's cold outside. 😕

So I figured it's probably because I've been keeping the heater on....and they're wanting to come in because it's warm in my house.

And here I was thinking I wouldn't have to worry about those things because of the weather. 😭

Cleanliness is really not a part of keeping roaches at Bay. Someone in your neighborhood has bred them and continues to do so.

The only thing you can do is use pesticides to keep them away. Both the eggs and the bugs...

At every entrance (like plumbing lines) windows, doors, and vents put some spray. Expensive exterminators are wonderful...they have the good stuff that requires a license to use. But their effect is usually short lived by design.

I remember the good ol days when we could use things like DDT and other things that lasted...but they were horrible for the environment. Oh well.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Ugh....I just saw this big roach in my bathroom. Took me by complete surprise since I thought they go into hibernation when it's cold outside. 😕

So I figured it's probably because I've been keeping the heater on....and they're wanting to come in because it's warm in my house.
Simple solution -- turn off the heat, open the doors and windows and maybe they'll want to go back outside?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Cleanliness is really not a part of keeping roaches at Bay. Someone in your neighborhood has bred them and continues to do so.
Do not buy take out food. Lived in NYC for 20+ years, no roaches, the secret is don't bring take out food from restaurants home.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
good morning all! I hope you day before Thanksgiving is perfect!
Think I will have some coffee-

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Tomorrow may you have gladness and joy with your families,may you find comfort at the losses,may your heart be filled with unspeakable peace and may your cups run over with love.

Happy Thanksgiving!
To all even if it's not your holiday!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Psalms 107:1 - O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalms 50:14 - Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

Hebrews 13:15 - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Colossians 3:15 - And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

1637816250305.jpeg

G

Godsgirl83

There is always SOMETHING to be grateful for.
(Even during the other 364 days)

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
The day I start to see mice/rats in my house is the day I'm officially done.

I have a field back behind my house, so I know where the mice are coming from in My house. But it’s hard to catch them when they KNOW you set out Traps. They are not stupid, they‘re smarter than we think they are, so…. I don’t know how many we have, but occasionally when I clean the kitchen there’s droppings behind my cookware and other things.

lovely right? 🙄

Anyhoo… happy thanksgiving everyone

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Dunkin Donuts started in Boston the year I was born.
People think I'm imagining things when I talk about honey dip donuts.

View attachment 233425
I love Dunkin' Donuts. I'll take a dozen of those honey dips too. Might need a coffee too with a shot of espresso. Double shot.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I got the coconut candies also dipped today.
So all total that's 4dozen (at least) of 7 different varieties of truffle...five more to go. Yes...that's over 300 pieces of candy I've made today. I'm about ⅓ finished with candy as I've got more of the Nashville contingent to finish before I start on the Georgia group.

But I've not got much of the cookies done yet...I've only got two batches of toll house baked. I've got a bunch of the decorative shortbread ready to slice and bake of checkerboard and swirls...no sandwich cookies yet.

But I can knock them out fast fast fast.

But my MIL called today(from Georgia) to put in her order for what candies she claims are her favorites.

But in the meantime I've got pumpkin and pecan pies in the oven.
You are quite the baker and connoisseur of confections.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
You are quite the baker and connoisseur of confections.
I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving dinner today...

I'm about to face my execution....er I mean meet my family so I can cook Thanksgiving dinner for them...so they can tell me how I don't do anything right. Can you tell I'm not exactly expecting it to go well?

Oh well...time to get it over with.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have a field back behind my house, so I know where the mice are coming from in My house. But it’s hard to catch them when they KNOW you set out Traps. They are not stupid, they‘re smarter than we think they are, so…. I don’t know how many we have, but occasionally when I clean the kitchen there’s droppings behind my cookware and other things.

lovely right? 🙄

Anyhoo… happy thanksgiving everyone

Peanut butter has been the key to success for me.
YMMV?

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Peanut butter has been the key to success for me.
YMMV?
They have outsmarted us… they know what it means to have peanut butter laying around. so I might as well get a certain trap (no matter how inhumane it might be) and just put a blob of peanut butter right in the middle and catch it that way.

not sure what else to do lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving dinner today...

I'm about to face my execution....er I mean meet my family so I can cook Thanksgiving dinner for them...so they can tell me how I don't do anything right. Can you tell I'm not exactly expecting it to go well?

Oh well...time to get it over with.
That is very frustrating to slave over a hot stove for hours to cook a fantastic dinner that people are critical about.