Speak Your Mind.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Living in NY my whole life with the Knicks in the finals 've been seeing comments that shouldn't get to me by this point but still do about "Nets have no fans", "it's a Knicks town" "you're irrelevant" and crap like that. It still annoys me that this narrative still exists and I just hope, just one day, some way, we can be relevant to finally get the respect as a franchise and fanbase. Nets fans do exist despite what other fans especially elitists NY fans think in the contrary. Worse is, they act real smug about it as if we don't exist or don't deserve to exist for some reason. And many of it is unprompted for no reason just to take jabs at us. Just focus on your own team.
It’s the unprompted jabs that I hate the most. I remember I had to stop watching/listening to sports radio during this Knicks run for one reason. “OMG this is the first time the city of New York is untied as one”, and then someone mentions the Nets and they giggle as in “who cares about them”. Like why, and it’s not just this year, it was years of this and people say it for no reason other than superiority I guess. Do their fans deserve to feel good about this? Sure but let’s not act like they will not continue to dump on us for no reason when we haven’t done anything. And that’s the worst thing, people say “Nets have no fans”, “they are irrelevant”, “just dissolve as a franchise”. I’m sick of it at this point and it’s only going to get worse. Now you can never discuss the team in any sort of setting without getting a “who cares reaction.
 
It’s the unprompted jabs that I hate the most. I remember I had to stop watching/listening to sports radio during this Knicks run for one reason. “OMG this is the first time the city of New York is untied as one”, and then someone mentions the Nets and they giggle as in “who cares about them”. Like why, and it’s not just this year, it was years of this and people say it for no reason other than superiority I guess. Do their fans deserve to feel good about this? Sure but let’s not act like they will not continue to dump on us for no reason when we haven’t done anything. And that’s the worst thing, people say “Nets have no fans”, “they are irrelevant”, “just dissolve as a franchise”. I’m sick of it at this point and it’s only going to get worse. Now you can never discuss the team in any sort of setting without getting a “who cares reaction.
See tomorrow news in NY
.but yeah at times people do become common on some sort of a foundation it's temporary and it's all some sort of agenda .
 
I hope I'm not the only one who is saddened by Trump having that fight take place at the White House. I have never understood the whole concept of these violent events. It's like the Romans who hosted the gladiator events. Anyhoo...... I hope I'm not the only one saddened...
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheLearner
I tell my puppy that she would ot be alive were it not for our Maker 's breath being in her. She is a going on twenty-two this year., She is a Jack Russel. She loves to hear about our Redeemer, and she knows she will be back with the true Respirator come her time, so she is always comforted.
holy heavens! so exciting.
 
Just signed up, and saw this thread, so I thought I'd check it out. I've read through all the posts and have a question. What is considered to be off-topic?
There is not really any off topic here in this thread, that is the point of it...

Did you really read almost 100K posts in less than two hours? :unsure::cool::ROFL:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Nomsa
Just signed up, and saw this thread, so I thought I'd check it out. I've read through all the posts and have a question. What is considered to be off-topic?
Many think if the thread drifts away from the title it is off topic, however many others believe the thread goes according to the conversation. I go with the latter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cameron143
The Harvest Crusade takes place tonight at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, with gates opening at 5:00 PM and the event starting at 7:00 PM. The free, sold-out event will feature a message from Pastor Greg Laurie and musical performances by Phil Wickham, Michael W. Smith, Kari & Cody Carnes, and TAYA
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheLearner