Specific pastors you listen to or respect

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
I'm just curious to know who listens to Paul Washer on here? I've recently been interested in his views on scripture (as well as those of J MacArthur and RC Sproul). I don't consider myself a Calvinist at all but I admire these men for their stand on scripture and how they always take you back to the word of God and what it says. I still disagree with some of what they say, but I can understand their positions.

I'm been doing a lot of soul searching recently. I've come back to Christ after falling away from him for a number of years and I am hungering for more of the Word of God. It's hard to find preachers that actually adhere to the scriptures anymore.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
R.C. Sproul (RIP), Tim Conway, John Piper, Charles Lawson, Voddie Baucham

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Which pastors do I listen to and respect? The ones at my church.

KD

Nov 20, 2018
I recently started listening to Alistair Begg’s podcast. I like his approach to teaching.

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
I'm just curious to know who listens to Paul Washer on here? I've recently been interested in his views on scripture (as well as those of J MacArthur and RC Sproul). I don't consider myself a Calvinist at all but I admire these men for their stand on scripture and how they always take you back to the word of God and what it says. I still disagree with some of what they say, but I can understand their positions.

I'm been doing a lot of soul searching recently. I've come back to Christ after falling away from him for a number of years and I am hungering for more of the Word of God. It's hard to find preachers that actually adhere to the scriptures anymore.
Hi Toast,

I'd not heard of Paul Washer but will likely look him up to see what he says since you mentioned him.

I personally listen to T.D. Jakes most often when I want to hear a preacher online but that's partly because of what I have and have learned (which is probably distasteful to those leaning towards Calvanism) and partly because he has a way of explaining scriptures from a point of view that he didn't get out of a textbook. Also, I feel no obligation to agree with everything Jakes says or does. Thusly, I don't feel obligated to defend him if he does something 'off'. :)

BTW, I tend not to judge someone by their appearance or strange mannerisms. My thinking is that John the Baptist probably looked and smelled a bit strange too.

Just my opinions, since you asked. Thanks for posting.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
Hi Toast,

I'd not heard of Paul Washer but will likely look him up to see what he says since you mentioned him.

I personally listen to T.D. Jakes most often when I want to hear a preacher online but that's partly because of what I have and have learned (which is probably distasteful to those leaning towards Calvanism) and partly because he has a way of explaining scriptures from a point of view that he didn't get out of a textbook. Also, I feel no obligation to agree with everything Jakes says or does. Thusly, I don't feel obligated to defend him if he does something 'off'. :)

BTW, I tend not to judge someone by their appearance or strange mannerisms. My thinking is that John the Baptist probably looked and smelled a bit strange too.

Just my opinions, since you asked. Thanks for posting.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby
Hi Kelby

Here's a sermon by Paul Washer if you want to check him out. He does lean more toward Reformed theology but I find his viewpoint refreshing in that he affirms the sovereignty of God without denying the personal responsibility of the believer... but I am more interested in his work on the mission field. He has worked in South America and has a Spanish wife. Runs a ministry called HeartCry International. I've attached one of his sermons here if you're interested in hearing about it. He is one of the few preachers I have seen who is not afraid to stand up for the truth.

Here is the sermon:

Love in Christ

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member, be sure to go to Prime Videos and search the word "Sproul". There you will find a number excellent HD teaching series videos by Dr. Sproul, and by several other Ligonier teaching fellows, that can all be watched for free :)

For instance:

~Deut

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Hi Kelby

Here's a sermon by Paul Washer if you want to check him out. He does lean more toward Reformed theology but I find his viewpoint refreshing in that he affirms the sovereignty of God without denying the personal responsibility of the believer... but I am more interested in his work on the mission field. He has worked in South America and has a Spanish wife. Runs a ministry called HeartCry International. I've attached one of his sermons here if you're interested in hearing about it. He is one of the few preachers I have seen who is not afraid to stand up for the truth.

Here is the sermon:

Love in Christ

He preaches like he wants to shout, rejoice, get a little jiggy wit it...

I would like to see him not bound by his denomination, and preach like he is meant to.

exegete

Dec 23, 2018
My Tiny Apartment
Malcolm Smith is a favorite of mine. He has been preaching and teaching for 60+ years. He has nearly 300 lectures available on youtube. Highly recommended.

Dec 28, 2016

Brother,

I am glad you've come back to Christ, and hope you truly have. If you had not, you were never of him.

If you want to see and know more of the true Gospel, what it does within man, that is biblically based, I highly recommend you get and read these: https://graceandtruthbooks.com/product/recovering-the-gospel-series/

These will change your life.

E

eternally-gratefull

I like my own pastors, as well as dr zacharius and dr david jeremiah.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Here is a great app you can add to your phone to listen to. It really feeds the soul!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ligonier.refnet&hl=en

It is also available for iphone, the above is for android.

I also highly recommend this series:

HAH! Those fancy "apps". cant get that on my phone with no internet. Oy vey!

Well here is my recommendation: REFORMED RADIO! Good programming and music! Something for hairylegged redblooded men of God to listen to! Also applies to gracious and gorgeous women of God!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

Have heard of him but again its his views and there are certain things hes very adamant on.
I think any time theres someone who makes a name for themselves as a preacher or takes a stand they are open for a bit of criticism or people disagreeing with them.

Derek prince isnt around anymore but you may want to check him out just to get a more rounded view.
I have been reading Martin Luther King Jr recently and he was always going back to the word of God. Maybe his interpretation wasnt the same as everyone elses but the thing is he actually applied the word of God to the situation. Rather than just talking, he was walking the talk.

People that preach you want to find out well what is their minsitry and how have they actually reached out to others, not just with mans wisdom but the power of God.

I mean anyone with a degree can be a theolgian, but even the unlearned can teach us about God. God can even speak through a donkey if need be.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Also your own pastor. Remember pastors arent perfect all the time they need our prayers too. If you are not a pastor think if you would be up to doing their job feeding the sheep. It can be hard work, stressful and 24/7