Specific Religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Momo10

Jan 2, 2015
Good morning. I seek understanding and I pray that I do not offend anyone. My question is, regarding the Baptist religion, is it true that this particular religion holds back from informing the people who belong to this religion all of the information about the Bible says. Because I know some people who claim the Baptist religion to say "I know enough and that is enough" just to the point of being saved by belief in the death and resurrection of Christ. And in this, many of them have not even read the entire Bible through and through and if attending a sermon at a church that does not claim to be of any certain religion except that of being a Christian when in the message it is a lecture prompting conviction to a person for issues that may be apparent in themselves then decide that at this point they do not like the church because it is a lecture.

My belief is that this is what church is about. To remind us of the ways that we should live and to try to live betters lives when repenting of the sin that should be dealt with.

D

Depleted

The Baptists have the same problem the Presbyterians have -- enough divisions that there is little meaning in the word, other than we all go to church on occasion. You can be an atheist, an agnostic, or a Christian and still be called "Baptist" or "Presbyterian." It's the rest of the name of the denomination that tells a little more of which things you believe. (BTW, I'm Presbyterian, so not picking on the Baptists.)

So, there is no answer to your question without knowing which branch of Baptists you're referring to.

And even if someone is in a Christian branch, there is still no knowing. Because there is the visible church -- the people you see going to church every weekend -- and the invisible church. The invisible church are the ones who truly have been adopted by the Lord, and still go to church every weekend. Some of us don't, but there you have it. You really can't judge a church by talking to a couple of people in it.

Momo10

Jan 2, 2015
thank you for the input. I actually refer more to a First Baptist. which is one of my local churches. I actually go to a nondenominational church Living Hope Church. I love my church and I go Sunday and Wednesday and we do a lot for the children and also things for the community working for the LORD to bring people to Jesus

Momo10

Jan 2, 2015
Also I study my Bible daily and also seek other literature about the Bible and Jesus. I guess that I feel that I have decided to follow Jesus and that I have grown to love Him so much that I constantly hunger and thirst for more and more of Him everyday.

Momo10

Jan 2, 2015
thank you for the input. I actually refer more to a First Baptist. which is one of my local churches. I actually go to a nondenominational church Living Hope Church. I love my church and I go Sunday and Wednesday and we do a lot for the children and also things for the community working for the LORD to bring people to Jesus

Also I study my Bible daily and also seek other literature about the Bible and Jesus. I guess that I feel that I have decided to follow Jesus and that I have grown to love Him so much that I constantly hunger and thirst for more and more of Him everyday.​

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You are gonna get banned for spamming the forums with this thread. You have duplicates of it in this forum AND in the Miscellaneous forum.

K

kaylagrl

Also I study my Bible daily and also seek other literature about the Bible and Jesus. I guess that I feel that I have decided to follow Jesus and that I have grown to love Him so much that I constantly hunger and thirst for more and more of Him everyday.​

​No comment other than I love the pup in your avatar. :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
thank you for the input. I actually refer more to a First Baptist.

First Baptist is the name, not the denomination.

A church with the name "First Baptist" could an American Baptist, Southern Baptist, Free Will Baptist, Full Gospel Baptist, or even an independent church that just attached Baptist to their name.

There are dozens of Baptist denominations just here in the US Some of them are spot on with the Gospel, others got a bit of crazy mixed in.

Dec 12, 2013

A church with the name "First Baptist" could an American Baptist, Southern Baptist, Free Will Baptist, Full Gospel Baptist, or even an independent church that just attached Baptist to their name.

There are dozens of Baptist denominations just here in the US Some of them are spot on with the Gospel, others got a bit of crazy mixed in.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and I agree

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

PS. Even within a specific denomination, there can be variations from one congregation to the next depending on the pastor and church leadership. I grew up in an American Baptist Church that was out of line with the rest of the denomination.

D

Depleted

Good point, (says the woman associated with Tenth Presbyterian. lol)

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Good morning. I seek understanding and I pray that I do not offend anyone. My question is, regarding the Baptist religion, is it true that this particular religion holds back from informing the people who belong to this religion all of the information about the Bible says. Because I know some people who claim the Baptist religion to say "I know enough and that is enough" just to the point of being saved by belief in the death and resurrection of Christ. And in this, many of them have not even read the entire Bible through and through and if attending a sermon at a church that does not claim to be of any certain religion except that of being a Christian when in the message it is a lecture prompting conviction to a person for issues that may be apparent in themselves then decide that at this point they do not like the church because it is a lecture.

My belief is that this is what church is about. To remind us of the ways that we should live and to try to live betters lives when repenting of the sin that should be dealt with.
I think you've confused Baptists with Momo's.
Go ask your average Momo about some of their church's more controversial
doctrines, and they'll likely not even know what you're talking about.