"Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2016
Dogmatic OP requesting no one else be dogmatic. Uh-huh. :D

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

This scripture is often inaccurately quoted or taken out of context. It applies ONLY when people:
1.) Pray in the Spirit (Pray in Tongues)
2.) Love God
3.) Are called according to HIS purpose
In the last 48 hours I've been involved in two threads regarding the gift of tongues. There was no real discussion on it. I gave up after being told repeatedly (despite posting scriptures) that tongues were not biblical, all I do is "babble" and I'm probably speaking by an evil spirit rather than The Holy Spirit. Any attempted conversation on that subject will likely deteriorate into argument.

H

HisMinister7

It's talking about giving (sowing). When we use what God has blessed us with to bless others, He gives us more. But when we're stingy, we loose even what we seemed to have. "Proverbs 11:24

"There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth;
and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty." (Proverbs 11:24)

H

HisMinister7

"But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." (1 Corinthians 14:38-39)

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
"Matt. 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath."
What does this verse mean?
It's talking about giving (sowing). When we use what God has blessed us with to bless others, He gives us more. But when we're stingy, we loose even what we seemed to have. "Proverbs 11:24

"There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth;
and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty." (Proverbs 11:24)
That's a good verse to talk about.

H

HisMinister7

If sarcasm and hatred makes you feel better ... go for it!!!

I've learned that you never make yourself bigger ... by making someone else smaller.

H

HisMinister7

Yes ... it's saying when you "sow" (scatter) the result will be "increase". But when we withhold (fail to sow), "poverty" is the result.
Goes right along with Galatians 6:7-10.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

H

HisMinister7

Dogmatic OP requesting no one else be dogmatic. Uh-huh. :D
If being sarcastic makes you feel big...go for it!

I've found that making someone else smaller NEVER makes you bigger!

H

HisMinister7

That's a good verse to talk about.
Yes ... it's saying when you "sow" (scatter) the result will be "increase". But when we withhold (fail to sow), "poverty" is the result.
Goes right along with Galatians 6:7-10.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

H

HisMinister7

[
In the last 48 hours I've been involved in two threads regarding the gift of tongues. There was no real discussion on it. I gave up after being told repeatedly (despite posting scriptures) that tongues were not biblical, all I do is "babble" and I'm probably speaking by an evil spirit rather than The Holy Spirit. Any attempted conversation on that subject will likely deteriorate into argument.
"But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." (1 Corinthians 14:38-39)

H

heartofdavid

Well,forgive them. They know not what they do.....i assume

H

HisMinister7

No disrespect here, but if your car broke down on the street, and some dude came up to you, told you he was a certified mechanic, and would fix it right then and there for a set price, would you let him under the hood?

I'm think it depends on how desperate I am.

But no one is desperate on this site. Sure, you say your a pastor, but seriously? You think we should take you at your word and ask you anything, simply because you say so?

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to just go along -- enter into threads, talk to people, share -- that to come in, demand what you expect, and then wait for someone to come to you?
I've found in my 40+ years in the Ministry that there are many desperate people EVERYWHERE! Sorry that you didn't know that. For many years, I had both a ministry 24 hour "help-line" and ministry web page for the purpose of helping people.

Apparently you saw something in my original post that nobody else saw. (Because it wasn't there.) I demanded NOTHING! I only opened a thread for people to ask questions, discuss scriptures, and be referred to specific scriptures that might help them. I believe there are others who will be constructive in their comments ... and thereby be a blessing to others.

I requested that people walk in LOVE, with no sarcasm, dogma, or hatred. If that doesn't work for you .., please feel free to "shop elsewhere".

E

Ellsworth1943

OK, so I will ask a question--------
1 Thess. 5:3
Who are "they" and when will this take place?

H

HisMinister7

Well, I guess all the poor slobs who don't pray in tongues are in for a rough life.......... Maybe Jesus' life would have been smoother if only He had prayed in tongues.

You did a pretty good job of getting way out of context, yourself, with the addition of that to the verse you chose.
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself (Himself) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues). It addresses the prerequisites for verse 28 to be fulfilled:

1.) PRAY IN THE SPIRIT (pray in TONGUES)
2.) LOVE GOD
3.) Be called according to God's purpose (that is, doing everything you know to do to obey God directions)

THEN, and only then, do we know that all things will work together for our good.

E

Ellsworth1943

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself (Himself) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues). It addresses the prerequisites for verse 28 to be fulfilled:

2.) LOVE GOD
3.) Be called according to God's purpose (that is, doing everything you know to do to obey God directions)

THEN, and only then, do we know that all things will work together for our good.
So are you saying I an less a Christian or am lacking in knowlwdge since I do not pray in tongues?

Nov 12, 2015

2.) LOVE GOD

Praying in the spirit does not have to be done in tongues...this would mean that those who have not received the gift of tongues can assume that God will not work all to the good of their soul? Its preposterous...do all speak in tongues?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues)
It is NOT about praying in tongues and here's the reason why: "...groanings which cannot be uttered...". Tongues by definition are utterances, but these are communications which cannot (and are not) being uttered. They are communications from God the Holy Spirit to God the Father, but they are certainly NOT tongues, because they are applicable to ALL Christians. Since all Christians will not -- and do not -- speak in tongues, we should not introduce spiritual confusion where none exists.

This is speaking about situations where Christians are totally unable to express their distress or longings in words but the indwelling Holy Spirit knows exactly what is in the soul and spirit, and communicates those feelings to God the Father.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2015
And what do you mean when you say there are prerequisites for God to work all things for good for those who love and are called by Him? And one of those prerequisites is to speak in tongues, even though not all speak in tongues?? It is nonsensical, sir.

Dec 28, 2016
If being sarcastic makes you feel big...go for it!

I've found that making someone else smaller NEVER makes you bigger!
Sarcastic? Not at all. I've made no one smaller by simply pointing out your mandate, your OP did that so that's on you. You'll be dogmatic, none else are allowed to be, that's lording over others. You've also slammed everyone with false charges who don't speak in tongues. We all see who is making others small here.

Status
Not open for further replies.