I'm refuting a fallacious argument, not making one.
So you also believed Paul could have sent one of his "miracle handkerchiefs" to Timothy and heal him of his stomach conditions with that too?
I'm refuting a fallacious argument, not making one.
Kindly don't put words in my mouth.So you also believed Paul could have sent one of his "miracle handkerchiefs" to Timothy and heal him of his stomach conditions with that too?
Kindly don't put words in my mouth.
Respectfully, I see this as a conclusion looking for evidence to support it. Nowhere does the text state that the gift of healing was not used in either the case of Epaphroditus or that of Timothy.But its curious why the gift of healing is not used h We can conclude they were not healed by those that could heal prior to this .
See the response I just posted to ThroughFaith. ^^^That is why I am asking you.
What about Paul's advice to Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach conditions?
See the response I just posted to ThroughFaith. ^^^
Yes, I will hold on to the position that an argument from silence is not valid.They always say "Don't make doctrine out of one scripture passage."
So here we have at least 2, if not more scripture passages where Paul did not invoke the "gift of healing", after Acts 28.
But of course, if you want to hold on to the argument from silence, I can understand.
Yes, I will hold on to the position that an argument from silence is not valid.
No, I'm not. I am refuting the cessationist argument from silence.But you can also see you are also using the same "argument from silence"?
Paul's own malady was never healed. The man whose hankies had healed others was not healed himself. God's ways are higher than our ways, and we don't get to decide who gets healed and who doesn't. In the absence of clear evidence, let's not draw conclusions that happen to align with a particular agenda.![]()
I would see the gift of healing as mentioned in Mark 16 as signs that accompanied THEM were a gift given that THEY could heal immediately when THEY lay hands on people . I find it curious why Paul doesn't heal Epaph and Tim . What seems to be happening today is a watering down of the Gift of healing to included 'praying for someone ' 'having enough faith and lengthening someone's leg by repeating " in Jesus name " over and over .Respectfully, I see this as a conclusion looking for evidence to support it. Nowhere does the text state that the gift of healing was not used in either the case of Epaphroditus or that of Timothy.
What it does say is that Epaphroditus was sick and almost died. Nothing is said of his path to recovery. It is just as reasonable to conclude that Paul or another person laid hands on him and he recovered, as to conclude that Paul didn't, or tried and was unsuccessful.
As for Timothy, his malady was apparently minor, given that Paul advised "a little wine". Again, the text records nothing at all regarding "attempts" at healing.
Paul's own malady was never healed. The man whose hankies had healed others was not healed himself. God's ways are higher than our ways, and we don't get to decide who gets healed and who doesn't. In the absence of clear evidence, let's not draw conclusions that happen to align with a particular agenda.![]()
Healing is a gift of the Spirit it is administered by the Spirit at his will not the will of the person.I would see the gift of healing as mentioned in Mark 16 as signs that accompanied THEM were a gift given that THEY could heal immediately when THEY lay hands on people . I find it curious why Paul doesn't heal Epaph and Tim . What seems to be happening today is a watering down of the Gift of healing to included 'praying for someone ' 'having enough faith and lengthening someone's leg by repeating " in Jesus name " over and over .
We could understand this if a gift is given for a specific task , purpose and time .I cannot understand why any of the gifts would have ceased. That makes no sense to me.
I'm simply surprised Paul did not heal Epaph and timothy ..Its a mystery . Where as in Acts 16 its affirming they would recover by laying hands on them . But then I see the purpose for miracles, healings ect . They were a sign . They were to confirm the message . They were not arbitrary or random .Respectfully, I see this as a conclusion looking for evidence to support it. Nowhere does the text state that the gift of healing was not used in either the case of Epaphroditus or that of Timothy.
What it does say is that Epaphroditus was sick and almost died. Nothing is said of his path to recovery. It is just as reasonable to conclude that Paul or another person laid hands on him and he recovered, as to conclude that Paul didn't, or tried and was unsuccessful.
As for Timothy, his malady was apparently minor, given that Paul advised "a little wine". Again, the text records nothing at all regarding "attempts" at healing.
Paul's own malady was never healed. The man whose hankies had healed others was not healed himself. God's ways are higher than our ways, and we don't get to decide who gets healed and who doesn't. In the absence of clear evidence, let's not draw conclusions that happen to align with a particular agenda.![]()
He did not heal many in certain places because not many came to him in those places ,to be healed . This gets taken out of context to guilt trip people into not questioning things .Jesus was mentioned as being unable to much healing at one place because of the un belief, nonetheless it also adds He healed a few. The unbelief in this thread from some is apparent.
They haven'tI cannot understand why any of the gifts would have ceased. That makes no sense to me.