SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS ABOUT DOGS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I don't have a dog, but our family used to have one, that I enjoyed a lot! I'm too busy to have one now, that I'm an adult. I think there are spiritual insights one can gain by examining the traits of a dog. God created all creatures, including humans, of course. I see He made dogs to be an ideal pet for many humans. Here's a list of beneficial traits dogs have, that I see:
*Friendly - Not only does he love everyone without bias - but He ENJOYS them ALL! You know, God is that way, too, though in much greater measure.
*He's very protective, and quick to rush to help out with that!
*He loves having close relationships with people! Untiringly, he pays lots of close attention to any humans he is with!
*He's not lazy.
So we see that dogs have a lot of traits having to do with love. And so resembles God much in that way. We can learn more about love through first of all, having a relationship with God. After that, we can learn more about love from the Bible, and then also by examining dogs, especially, and also other animals that show love for their offspring.
And we are to prayerfully work at being more and more of God's love in our daily lives. God wants us to be full of that as is possible! Not only by having greater measures of the feeling of love for others - but also by becoming increasingly active in putting that feeling into action towards others in our lives! God wants us to work for Him as servants towards others. Jesus demonstrated that when He washed the disciples' feet at the last supper. And remember, what we do for God in this life, is also stored up for us as riches in heaven!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the insight, and may you be blessed for this and more...

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I love dogs but, there is biblical documentation that God identifies as a cat, just saying. :giggle:

Apr 15, 2017
I don't have a dog, but our family used to have one, that I enjoyed a lot! I'm too busy to have one now, that I'm an adult. I think there are spiritual insights one can gain by examining the traits of a dog. God created all creatures, including humans, of course. I see He made dogs to be an ideal pet for many humans. Here's a list of beneficial traits dogs have, that I see:
*Friendly - Not only does he love everyone without bias - but He ENJOYS them ALL! You know, God is that way, too, though in much greater measure.
*He's very protective, and quick to rush to help out with that!
*He loves having close relationships with people! Untiringly, he pays lots of close attention to any humans he is with!
*He's not lazy.
So we see that dogs have a lot of traits having to do with love. And so resembles God much in that way. We can learn more about love through first of all, having a relationship with God. After that, we can learn more about love from the Bible, and then also by examining dogs, especially, and also other animals that show love for their offspring.
And we are to prayerfully work at being more and more of God's love in our daily lives. God wants us to be full of that as is possible! Not only by having greater measures of the feeling of love for others - but also by becoming increasingly active in putting that feeling into action towards others in our lives! God wants us to work for Him as servants towards others. Jesus demonstrated that when He washed the disciples' feet at the last supper. And remember, what we do for God in this life, is also stored up for us as riches in heaven!
Out of all the animals on the planet it appears as if the dog is the best companion for humans, and God made the dog for that purpose.

Cats are alright, as some other pets, but they will never compare to a dog in loyalty, and love and affection for their owner, and people in general once they get to know them, for they are very protective even barking at a person a quarter mile away saying do not come near here.

A dog will give their life for you, and fight to the bitter end if someone attacks you.

It appears the dog and crocodile are opposites more than any other 2 animals.

But in the millennial reign of Christ a child can lead a crocodile and that animal will have no desire to hurt the child, for it will not be the crocodile's nature anymore, but this is the people in the flesh that Jesus and the saints rule over, for the saints will have glorified bodies.

You can leave the house for 5 minutes and come back, and the dog will act as if they have not seen you in 5 months.

Leave the dog out in the cold all winter, and it still loves you if it does not freeze to death, for they are very forgiving animals, but even they would have a limit but it would have to be extreme.

Your dog loves you more than your wife loves you, for lock a dog in a closet for 6 hours, and lock your wife in the closet for 6 hours, and see which one is happy to see you, lol.

A dog is more playful than any other animal.

There is no other animal that compares to a dog in loyalty, and love, and companionship.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Like a dog that returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. Pro.26:11

Outside are the dogs Rev.22:15

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Out of all the animals on the planet it appears as if the dog is the best companion for humans, and God made the dog for that purpose.

Cats are alright, as some other pets, but they will never compare to a dog in loyalty, and love and affection for their owner, and people in general once they get to know them, for they are very protective even barking at a person a quarter mile away saying do not come near here.

A dog will give their life for you, and fight to the bitter end if someone attacks you.

It appears the dog and crocodile are opposites more than any other 2 animals.

But in the millennial reign of Christ a child can lead a crocodile and that animal will have no desire to hurt the child, for it will not be the crocodile's nature anymore, but this is the people in the flesh that Jesus and the saints rule over, for the saints will have glorified bodies.

You can leave the house for 5 minutes and come back, and the dog will act as if they have not seen you in 5 months.

Leave the dog out in the cold all winter, and it still loves you if it does not freeze to death, for they are very forgiving animals, but even they would have a limit but it would have to be extreme.

Your dog loves you more than your wife loves you, for lock a dog in a closet for 6 hours, and lock your wife in the closet for 6 hours, and see which one is happy to see you, lol.

A dog is more playful than any other animal.

There is no other animal that compares to a dog in loyalty, and love, and companionship.
Yes, you have some good insights about dogs that I hadn't yet thought of! And it's interesting, when reflecting on the creation - that everything God made was good and for a good purpose. He made everything unique. Yes, I've heard that about cats too - that though they are common pets and are good pets - that they don't have nearly that much love for humans. They are cute and adorable but mainly self-centered, I've heard.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Another thing I'll mention I've noticed - is that they seem more expressive than any other creatures - except for monkeys and various kinds in the ape family. And none seem to have such a big smile as dogs are able to do. Looks almost human, I'd say.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I love dogs but, there is biblical documentation that God identifies as a cat, just saying. :giggle:
Oh goodness.............. whatever you do, DO NOT TELL BLUEBUG THIS!

(sigh, we'll NEVER hear the end of it)

:sneaky:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Very Good!!!!!!!

But, me being me, you do realize that you just gave me real evidence of my stance on Free Will and the argument against OSAS?

:);)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sister Soulweaver, this kinda sounds like you singing...........just a wee bit :)

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I believe that all animals have capacity to be like dogs, i like cats and used to be afraid of dogs, my mother loved them, you can only imagine what it was like me living with a dog that i was afraid of. My mother liked big dogs too, which made things worse.