Spiritual Meaning(Survey)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 2, 2019
Genesis 9
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof,which isthe blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

What does this mean to you spiritually? What did the spirit told you?

Excluding other verses that links to this verse and excluding the literal meaning of this verse.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Hmmmm,my take on this is we can partake as food any animal and eat any plant! We must not eat of the blood for this is a things life - force! Just my thoughts gathered when I read the scripture pertaining to the blood of a thing! Blessings!🌞🌞🌞

M

Miri

Genesis 9
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Excluding other verses that links to this verse and excluding the literal meaning of this verse.

My take on it is that creation was perfect. Adam and Eve were perfect.
The animals were perfect, I don’t think anyone or anything eat meat.
Adam and Eve lived in perfect harmony with nature, the animals were named by Adam.

Then the fall came and everything changed. A death of an animal was required to
cloths Adam and Eve.

After the fall people were told it’s ok to eat meat, they also sacrificed animals to God.
It became an imperfect spoilt world where death entered in.

Matt633

Man of Grace
Jun 24, 2019
A couple of things came to me...
It's almost a duplication of what God told them about the two trees He placed in the Garden...
One was the tree of life the other tree would end their lives

The Spirit told me that the verses above are just another revelation of our Heavenly Father's Love for us.
Just as in the case of the two trees, He always gives us a choice...
It's not such much about what they could or could not eat
It was about giving them the opportunity to choose
He sets before us life or death - blessing or cursing - then He says choose

Because that's what Love does ...
Love always presents you with an opportunity to return love by CHOOSING to obey Him!

Our God is Awesome! :)

S

SpoonJuly

Genesis 9

Every Scripture has a meaning and purpose, but one should not try to put a "spiritual" meaning to all Scripture.
This Scripture simply states a fact and nothing more.

Mar 23, 2016
Genesis 9:3 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

The instruction is that the flesh is to be eaten, but the blood is not to be eaten. The blood is to be drained then the flesh is to be eaten.

Leviticus 17:

10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The blood is given upon the altar to make atonement for the soul.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
It's symbolic of separating Christ from the dead.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why do you wish to exclude the literal meaning when that is the meaning which God wants you to have? There is no need to spiritualize that which is to be taken literally. In this verse God allowed mankind to eat the meat of any creature, but the blood was forbidden to man.

One of the greatest sources of spiritual confusion is trying to spiritualize things which must be taken literally, and failing to distinguish between metaphors and reality.

Sep 3, 2016
Genesis 9

“3 Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. (All the animals, if so desired, could serve as food, as well as could vegetables; Genesis 1:29 implies that man was exclusively vegetarian before the flood.)

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall you not eat (man is prohibited from eating blood; there were several reasons; however, the main reason was because the shedding of blood in Sacrifices typified the Great Atonement which would be carried out by Christ, in the shedding of His Life’s Blood).”

In the book of Daniel, Daniel refuse to eat the "bloody" meat of the King that he might not defile himself. (Daniel 1:8)

JSM

Dec 12, 2013
Genesis 9

Why would we exclude the literal meaning of the verse!!!!!!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Genesis 9

Your closing sentence (bolded) presupposes that such is an appropriate way to interpret Scripture.

It isn't.

Your approach is known as spiritualizing. It's a good way to get yourself deluded, deceived, and derailed.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Why would we exclude the literal meaning of the verse!!!!!!
yes look at the answer given by journeyman. absolutely not what the verse said just making it up.

the bible says what it says and thats it. no hidden meaning no underlying messages. it is what it is.

i say that with respect too. i say it because youtube is filled with people doing all kinds of bible codes and stuff. its all nonsense.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
After the fall people were told it’s ok to eat meat, they also sacrificed animals to God.
It became an imperfect spoilt world where death entered in.
It was after the flood that meat was given as food :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
still trying to figure out what the spiritual meaning of R29kIElzIExvdmU is -- will get to the other question afterwards.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Your closing sentence (bolded) presupposes that such is an appropriate way to interpret Scripture.

It isn't.

Your approach is known as spiritualizing. It's a good way to get yourself deluded, deceived, and derailed.
amen.

the Bible is extraordinarily interconnected. asking for meaning '
excluding any other verse that links to it' is like trying to swim without touching any water.

the scripture is spiritual, but a spiritual meaning contrary to the literal one makes one or both a lie. God is not deceiving Noah.

this passage, in the OP, is not disconnected either from the rest of the Bible or from the plain understanding of it.