Spiritual nonsense and dealing with it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
These restrictions and the rest of the post makes me think of ........ China!

Interestingly, AU is sixth in the world for approaching being fully cashless ... this will be big impetus for sure.
Scandinavia is really far into being a cashless society as well. The Corona "crisis" has further sped up this process as people believe it is safer to pay with a debit/credit card.

E

EleventhHour

Scandinavia is really far into being a cashless society as well. The Corona "crisis" has further sped up this process as people believe it is safer to pay with a debit/credit card.
Yes that is true.

Mar 28, 2016
You could say that, but it would be apparent that you are trying to avoid dealing with the divinity of Jesus, as is clearly taught in Scripture.
Why would I be avoiding what you call the divinity of Christ? Are you thinking it has something to do with flesh and blood .which Jesus as the son of man says of His own it profits for nothing. ?

Christ is the Holy anointing Spirit of God .He is not a man like the Son of man, Jesus. Jesus as the Son of man did the will of Christ who worked in Jesus to both will and do His good pleasure and not his own will of the flesh. He performed it without murrurrring. It was the kind of daily food as meat the disciples knew not of.

John 4:33-34 King James Version (KJV)
33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

The same kind of meat that works in all of Jesus brothers and sisters.( Christians)To will and to finish the work of the unseen father. work .

Philippians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

The spiritual law of faith. To will the desire (let there be) and do (it was good).

Good is the sign of God holy presence. His signature. Only God not seen is our good master who works from within his creatures .

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Christ is the Holy anointing Spirit of God .He is not a man like the Son of man, Jesus.
it is The Son of Man which came down from heaven and is in heaven

John 3:13
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, [that is,] the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Can you explain why He doesn't say 'Son of God' here? Seems like your view needs Him to...?

Also here:

Acts 7:55-56
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Acts 7:55-56
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"
Notice...

That's Jesus in heaven. no distinction between Jesus and Christ, they are exactly one and the same.

Aug 12, 2020
Wow are you a straight up gnostic? Yikes. Do you think the copious amounts of quotes from Deuteronomy, Numbers, and Exodus Jesus sprinkled into His speeches were meant to somehow distance the Father from YHVH and stories of judgment like the flood or the judgment of Egypt?

The conquest was not the reason God got angry with the Israelites, in fact He cursed the last generation for not carrying out the conquest themselves. God's anger at the Israelite's was about their treatment of the poor and turning to idols like Molech who caused them to sacrifice their children not the conquest and other instances where Israel acted as an arm of judgment.
Gnostic, wait let me look it up, to see what value the world mind has assigned it...oh, something something chutulu will eat you last and christ is of some unknowable God, no sir, not i. I think he referenced the testament in an attempt to understand what was wrong with the world and the peoople therein, like we do. Why are you trying to kill me? Who do you say i am? Why is it written the son of man must suffer at the hands of men? The "con-quest" right, Christ was definitly mad at Israel for not destroying rome for him before he was born. no, don't sacrifice your firstborn for molech, only for jehovah, those are corban, right? Although he did chastise them idolatry he also cursed them for not killing every single man. Truly the flaming servants of jehovah were an arm of and a victim of judgment.

We must find a way to purpose our wise servant who wishes to share the kingdom with the foolish sons in a way that agrees with our logos, else we will have to micromanage our infrastructures and spend all our time patching wounds (sound familiar?). One more day lost to unnecassary suffering exclusive of the commandment to fill the earth (who is not the wise servant) and subdue it.. Sick of hearing anthropomorphizing of the planet, divisive arguements implying some of us are not created by God and some are.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Why would I be avoiding what you call the divinity of Christ? Are you thinking it has something to do with flesh and blood .which Jesus as the son of man says of His own it profits for nothing. ?.
Your understanding of Jesus' statement ignores the context.

Christ is the Holy anointing Spirit of God ..
Scripture doesn't call the Holy Spirit "Christ" anywhere. The word, "Christ" means "anointed" not "anointer".

Christ is the Holy anointing Spirit of God ..He is not a man like the Son of man, Jesus.
Christ IS the man Jesus. They are one and the same.

Jesus as the Son of man did the will of Christ who worked in Jesus to both will and do His good pleasure and not his own will of the flesh..
I don't know where you get these ideas, but they aren't from the Bible.

He performed it without murrurrring. It was the kind of daily food as meat the disciples knew not of.

John 4:33-34 King James Version (KJV)33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

The same kind of meat that works in all of Jesus brothers and sisters.( Christians)To will and to finish the work of the unseen father. work .

Philippians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

The spiritual law of faith. To will the desire (let there be) and do (it was good).

Good is the sign of God holy presence. His signature. Only God not seen is our good master who works from within his creatures .
Incoherent, irrelevant blather replete with additions to Scripture.

Sadly, your entire post exemplifies the "spiritual nonsense" that prompted this thread.

Aug 12, 2020
Your Holy Spirit? I'm good at understanding you ;)

Its only funny when two are laughing and if you grin. . you're in . . up to your neck brother . LOL

I think I have the understanding in a hope of two walking together as one. The kind that comes from having a desire given to obey the commandment to study, rightly dividing the prophecy as parables, the mysteries of God .Seeking the approval of our one teacher in heaven.

I respect and honor scholars but do not seek their approval .Suggestions are welcome.

Remember Saul in Acts 22 before his conversion had all the scholarly things needed to murder Christians .

And not that I would place myself in the place of Jesus ,His age and lack of ten years scholarship did not prevent the father from working in the Son of man. the scholars were amazed.

Again all parables teach us how to walk our understand God by the unseen things, the hearing of faith. His working in us .
No mixing of faith, no gospel understanding from the parables.

Luke 9 witnesses to the law of faith. Jesus again in a series of parables teaching the disciple what it means to walk by faith. He would give the parables and hide the gospel understanding. Not understanding they would wonder not having the confidence of truth or error, doubting.

While still in wonderment confusion .Jesus spoke another and hid the understanding of faith . this time in their confusion all of a sudden Jesus disappeared standing 6 feet from them and they played who is the greatest alfa dog.

They must of thought Jesus went off the deep end as he hid himself from then in plain sight. After the last attempt to help them walk by the manner of faith he declared to them. . they knew not what manner of spirit they were of .You could say blinded by the unseen understanding of faith it set them of wondering doubting to show the power of the gospel .We must be careful how we hear or say we hear what the Spirit informs us

Luke9: 41-45 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither. And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father. And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples, Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men. But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

Again just as if Jesus (the seemly confused one) was not standing right there .

In the end..

Luke9: 55 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

A lesson in faith, the understanding of parables. . like most Christian hearing lessons.
A well thought out misunderstanding we all share at some level, and small wonder considering the state of our society. Well said, garee, and if it is hard to understand, it is lost in translation to the world mind we all interface with. Now on the next question which is, waddawedonow? I will offer up my two leptas once again I DONT KNOW and ask yall again, what can be done about the entropy of our society in its superstructure, that is, the eroding of moral charactor and rending of the social fabric, manifest in beauracracy and racial division and nationalism and the godchild/devilchild deception?

I will futher stipulate another fear- When we find those who KNOW... It will be too late and they will be saying- Do you not know what this is? Do you not know what this is? (standing next to a giant scorpion eating a man torso) We will say- no... The troll will then say- Who are these? to which we will have to reply- Sir, you know...

Apr 2, 2020
Gnostic, wait let me look it up, to see what value the world mind has assigned it...oh, something something chutulu will eat you last and christ is of some unknowable God, no sir, not i. I think he referenced the testament in an attempt to understand what was wrong with the world and the peoople therein, like we do. Why are you trying to kill me? Who do you say i am? Why is it written the son of man must suffer at the hands of men? The "con-quest" right, Christ was definitly mad at Israel for not destroying rome for him before he was born. no, don't sacrifice your firstborn for molech, only for jehovah, those are corban, right? Although he did chastise them idolatry he also cursed them for not killing every single man. Truly the flaming servants of jehovah were an arm of and a victim of judgment.

We must find a way to purpose our wise servant who wishes to share the kingdom with the foolish sons in a way that agrees with our logos, else we will have to micromanage our infrastructures and spend all our time patching wounds (sound familiar?). One more day lost to unnecassary suffering exclusive of the commandment to fill the earth (who is not the wise servant) and subdue it.. Sick of hearing anthropomorphizing of the planet, divisive arguements implying some of us are not created by God and some are.
There are so many tangents and disconnected thoughts in your jumble of words that I simply cannot follow it at all.

By gnostic I simply mean something along the lines of Marcion, denying that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the new are one and the same. Do you believe that the God of the Old Testament is an evil being separate from Jesus Christ?

Aug 12, 2020
There are so many tangents and disconnected thoughts in your jumble of words that I simply cannot follow it at all.

By gnostic I simply mean something along the lines of Marcion, denying that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the new are one and the same. Do you believe that the God of the Old Testament is an evil being separate from Jesus Christ?
I believe God might wear ice skates in hell.

Aug 12, 2020

i KNOW life is distorted. i KNOW we shoulder unnecessary suffering, i will tell you i think the bible belongs in the same grain of sand as the gospel of marcion.

Aug 12, 2020

Here in the world, everything is sullied.

It is a concern of mine that the prophets and the anointed of the lord were doing the work of the lord and not the work of God. -The only one who has been to heaven is the one who came down from heaven, Ye are the children of the devil and you seek to do his work. - My question is, then, how can you reconcile the actions of the spirit of the lord with the actions and intentions of christ and accept the same spiritual workings at the heart of both the lord of the israelites and father of christ? esp. in the context of the law, whereby one says, to fulfill the law, an adulterous woman must be stoned to death, the other saying, i DID fulfill the law.

Apr 2, 2020
i KNOW life is distorted. i KNOW we shoulder unnecessary suffering, i will tell you i think the bible belongs in the same grain of sand as the gospel of marcion.
Then we have no common ground from which to discuss and it seems to me you're simply making a god in your own image since you are unfettered by God's self-revelation.

Aug 12, 2020
Then we have no common ground from which to discuss and it seems to me you're simply making a god in your own image since you are unfettered by God's self-revelation.
You mean god gave you something he didn't give me? like a bible, or something?

Aug 12, 2020
You mean god gave you something he didn't give me? like a bible, or something?
We do have common ground. Walk out your door and see it. Somethings wrong, huh? So, as you have done, contrast it with the scriptures and see, the only things it can relate to you about god are the visible things. All else is smoke and mirrors and warnings. The spirituality, the existential revelations, the kingdom to come all drawn from the intangible, just like the interfaces of worship and prayer and sacrament verbiage are observations of mens very real love for and desire to please God. Now, let this collection of traditions teach you, even you who God is and what happens when you run afoul of this intangible law enforcer. I am dancing with ideas the worlds wisdom will tell you make me godless, but there is no such thing and whats more, if you read the bible you might agree if gods men cannot serve two masters, and we are of christ as in that day you will realize i am in you and you are in me and i am in the father Then the destroyer of life cannot create it. Those who KNOW have said Let no one cause me trouble, for i bear the marks of Jesus. In this i am not picking on Paul so much as i am relating ignorance and objectivity are relatives and I don't think accusing christ of blasphemy is a discussion topic. Instead let me say When there are many words, sin is present. God was before the bible was and he is not mocked b/c he does not speak b/c he would be mocked.

S

Susanna

Är du från ett av dom skandinaviska länder?

Apr 2, 2020
We do have common ground. Walk out your door and see it. Somethings wrong, huh? So, as you have done, contrast it with the scriptures and see, the only things it can relate to you about god are the visible things. All else is smoke and mirrors and warnings. The spirituality, the existential revelations, the kingdom to come all drawn from the intangible, just like the interfaces of worship and prayer and sacrament verbiage are observations of mens very real love for and desire to please God. Now, let this collection of traditions teach you, even you who God is and what happens when you run afoul of this intangible law enforcer. I am dancing with ideas the worlds wisdom will tell you make me godless, but there is no such thing and whats more, if you read the bible you might agree if gods men cannot serve two masters, and we are of christ as in that day you will realize i am in you and you are in me and i am in the father Then the destroyer of life cannot create it. Those who KNOW have said Let no one cause me trouble, for i bear the marks of Jesus. In this i am not picking on Paul so much as i am relating ignorance and objectivity are relatives and I don't think accusing christ of blasphemy is a discussion topic. Instead let me say When there are many words, sin is present. God was before the bible was and he is not mocked b/c he does not speak b/c he would be mocked.
You speak of Scripture, yet you dismissively spoke of the Scripture we have and placed it on the same level as Marcion. Looking to the world we are bound to be deceived unless we are guided by revelation which is the written corpus of the Bible.

You call it a collection of traditions and that's precisely why we have no common ground. It is not mere tradition, tradition can be disposed of and taken piecemeal. To not recognize it as the very word of God is nothing more than pretext to build your own idol dressed up in Biblical terminologies.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Wow are you a straight up gnostic? Yikes. Do you think the copious amounts of quotes from Deuteronomy, Numbers, and Exodus Jesus sprinkled into His speeches were meant to somehow distance the Father from YHVH and stories of judgment like the flood or the judgment of Egypt?
The conquest was not the reason God got angry with the Israelites, in fact He cursed the last generation for not carrying out the conquest themselves. God's anger at the Israelite's was about their treatment of the poor and turning to idols like Molech who caused them to sacrifice their children not the conquest and other instances where Israel acted as an arm of judgment.
Your post is bringing to mind a post made awhile back ( https://christianchat.com/threads/the-athiest-agenda.185608/post-3987758 )

... on August 2, 2019 at Post #209 (Page 11) of the "The Atheist Agenda" thread (in the 'Conspiracy' Section of CC) pertaining to the questions about Numbers 31:18 :

"Good question…What about God’s cruelty against the Midianites?" - christianthinktank

http://www.christianthinktank.com/midian.html [note: it is kind of a long read... but for those interested in reading it]

[Numb31:18 "But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Consider the info at link ;) ]

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
JCollins, it is time for you to admit that your are CLUELESS about biblical matters. Once you admit it, the Christians here will be willing to help you get on track.