spiritually low & exhausted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Friends, feeling spiritually low, & exhausted. God has blessed me beyond my imagination, but from sometime, I am facing challenges and not able to overcome, and seems if this continue, these challenges will choke me.

You can pray God refresh me , and even hold my hand and bring me out of all these challenges & problems, so that I can focus on serving Him.

Thanks!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
man-praying.jpg
"Let this silent prayer be heard."

Mar 4, 2020
Friends, feeling spiritually low, & exhausted. God has blessed me beyond my imagination, but from sometime, I am facing challenges and not able to overcome, and seems if this continue, these challenges will choke me.

You can pray God refresh me , and even hold my hand and bring me out of all these challenges & problems, so that I can focus on serving Him.

Thanks!
Yes I understand. We just have to try our best with what we have. Your faith will guide you. Know that God is always with you and is already holding your hand. Trust Him through these difficult times. He loves you and always remember that as a child of God you have God's confidence. Don't worry about anything, just love the Lord with all of your heart and love your neighbor as yourself.

Jul 12, 2021
One thing that has helped me this week is to give thanks for what I do have. I listen to the preaching this weekend and the pastor talked about being robbed and beaten. He said, I'm not going to praise the Lord for being being robbed and beaten but I am going to praise him for letting me live cause I could have be killed, I am going to praise him for just getting a couple bruises and not broken bones, I'm going to thank him for having a couple bucks stolen and not my entire paycheck.

This has helped me somewhat. It has been such a tough year for me and lately it seems to just gotten worst. I am literally down on my knees crying cause I can't take it anymore but I then think it could be worst and I feel a little better. Not sure it this helps you.

Nov 22, 2021
I have been facing a lot of challenges this year. Right now I'm not able to attend school because of my parents' financial situation. It's been four months and I feel so mentally drained and emotionally challenged. I even started looking for ways to fill this hole by looking for a relationship. I talk to God but it's so hard because I feel like I'm falling away little by little everyday but he is my rock and I am allowing him to strengthen me right now but it's so hard. Education is my only way out and it's hard knowing that it's at risk but I will trust that God has a plan. One thing that helps me is being grateful. I would appreciate any prayers.

Oct 10, 2021
One thing that has helped me this week is to give thanks for what I do have. I listen to the preaching this weekend and the pastor talked about being robbed and beaten. He said, I'm not going to praise the Lord for being being robbed and beaten but I am going to praise him for letting me live cause I could have be killed, I am going to praise him for just getting a couple bruises and not broken bones, I'm going to thank him for having a couple bucks stolen and not my entire paycheck.

This has helped me somewhat. It has been such a tough year for me and lately it seems to just gotten worst. I am literally down on my knees crying cause I can't take it anymore but I then think it could be worst and I feel a little better. Not sure it this helps you.
Don't let other peoples actions define you. Stay prayed up, other people will have to deal with the issues they have within themselves

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021

Thanks!

It's not unusual to feel spiritually low and exhausted, most of us feel that way many times, challenges/problems. But remember, these things shall pass away. Here are a couple of examples of God's people who felt the same way, wished to die but continued on to do God's will:

Elijah Flees From Jezebel
…4while he himself traveled on a day’s journey into the wilderness. He sat down under a broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, LORD,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” 5Then he lay down under the broom tree and fell asleep. Suddenly an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” 6And he looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. So he ate and drank and lay down again.… And then Elijah went on to do God's will.

St Paul's desire to give up this life and be with Jesus:
The apostle Paul dedicated his life to preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God (Acts 14:22; Acts 19:8; Acts 20:25; Acts 28:23; Acts 28:31). In the process he was subjected to persecution, beatings and several periods of imprisonment. When he wrote his letter to the Philippians, he was enduring a period of house arrest in Rome. Paul knew that the Roman government had authority to put prisoners to death. Paul knew what the future might hold for him, whether it be execution on the one hand or his release on the other.
In Philippians 1:23-24 he writes of the two possible outcomes: "For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you."

Paul is basically saying that God's will comes first. If Paul can bring others to Jesus, through Paul's sufferings, he will do so rather than selfishly willing to die and be with Jesus now.

All of us suffer and wish to pass on to Jesus. But that may not be God's plan for us. God's plan for us may be to help spread the Gospel/faith of Jesus and bring others to salvation. We must pray to the Father, that He endows us with the Spirit and enables us to do His will and persevere til the end.

You must pray/beg the Holy Spirit for the strength to persevere, doing God's will and living the life He planned for you.

PS I don't really feel any sympathy for you. There are so many people suffering in this world today who have it much worse than you. And here you are feeling sorry for yourself.

EssBee

Nov 26, 2021
It's not unusual to feel spiritually low and exhausted, most of us feel that way many times, challenges/problems. But remember, these things shall pass away. Here are a couple of examples of God's people who felt the same way, wished to die but continued on to do God's will:

Elijah Flees From Jezebel
…4while he himself traveled on a day’s journey into the wilderness. He sat down under a broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, LORD,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” 5Then he lay down under the broom tree and fell asleep. Suddenly an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” 6And he looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. So he ate and drank and lay down again.… And then Elijah went on to do God's will.

St Paul's desire to give up this life and be with Jesus:
The apostle Paul dedicated his life to preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God (Acts 14:22; Acts 19:8; Acts 20:25; Acts 28:23; Acts 28:31). In the process he was subjected to persecution, beatings and several periods of imprisonment. When he wrote his letter to the Philippians, he was enduring a period of house arrest in Rome. Paul knew that the Roman government had authority to put prisoners to death. Paul knew what the future might hold for him, whether it be execution on the one hand or his release on the other.
In Philippians 1:23-24 he writes of the two possible outcomes: "For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you."

Paul is basically saying that God's will comes first. If Paul can bring others to Jesus, through Paul's sufferings, he will do so rather than selfishly willing to die and be with Jesus now.

All of us suffer and wish to pass on to Jesus. But that may not be God's plan for us. God's plan for us may be to help spread the Gospel/faith of Jesus and bring others to salvation. We must pray to the Father, that He endows us with the Spirit and enables us to do His will and persevere til the end.

You must pray/beg the Holy Spirit for the strength to persevere, doing God's will and living the life He planned for you.

PS I don't really feel any sympathy for you. There are so many people suffering in this world today who have it much worse than you. And here you are feeling sorry for yourself.
I don't really understand the point of your postscript? Was it necessary? It is safe to say that you don't know what the poster is going through. Everyone has it easier and has it worse. Not sure why you bothered with even posting.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't really feel any sympathy for you. There are so many people suffering in this world
today who have it much worse than you. And here you are feeling sorry for yourself.
Matthew 21:22
And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

John 14:13
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 16:24b
Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

James 5:14-16
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him,
anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is
sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.
The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us.
And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him.

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as
we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, God listens to him.

Ephesians 6:18
Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that
end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

John 15:7
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Matthew 7:11
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much
more will your Father Who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

John 14:13-14
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be
glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

Colossians 4:2
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

Luke 11:9
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

1 John 3:22
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what pleases Him.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Matthew 18:19
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.