Sports Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am starting a sports thread. I am very surprised there wasn't one before. After all, sports are very Christian. They are healthy. They strengthen the spirit. They teach how to be a good sport and love your enemies even if you lose. And, they are incredibly social.

In any case, the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers at their series game opener today:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...gem-as-cubs-beat-brewers-3-0-in-season-opener

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
People here are very dry, just want to talk about the tired political arguments. And yes the Yankees are going all the way, my Nets are doomed in the playoffs and the NY Giants will surprise some people. PSU also landed a 4 star receiver so that's good.

And I just saw the Seahawks traded for Jamal Adams. To high of a price but lets see how it goes.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
All anyone needs to know about sports..............

ROLL TIDE!

wee tide.jpg

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
People here are very dry, just want to talk about the tired political arguments. And yes the Yankees are going all the way, my Nets are doomed in the playoffs and the NY Giants will surprise some people. PSU also landed a 4 star receiver so that's good.

And I just saw the Seahawks traded for Jamal Adams. To high of a price but lets see how it goes.
Your Nets are doomed? Try being a fan of the Chicago Bulls in the last 10 years. 2 years ago, Zach LaVine (2x NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion) and Lauri Markkanen seemed destined to revive the glory of the Chicago Bulls akin of the time of Jordan and Pippen:

What happened at the end of that 2018-19 season? They travelled to Toronto and Markkanen experienced "extreme fatigue", which a Torontonian doctor claimed required not playing until examined, so Markkanen missed the final two weeks of the season, and the next thing you know, guess who won? The Toronto Raptors for the first time in NBA history! I don't buy that doctor's diagnosis for one second. First of all, "extreme fatigue and an accelerated heart rate" is not a medical symptom. That is what "every sports person ever" experiences after playing sports!!! They simply rest and then play again! I am very disappointed the Chicago Bulls bought that diagnosis instead of ignoring it and continuing to go after the championship in full strength that season. Oh well!

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I am starting a sports thread. I am very surprised there wasn't one before. After all, sports are very Christian. They are healthy. They strengthen the spirit. They teach how to be a good sport and love your enemies even if you lose. And, they are incredibly social.
I wouldn't say sports are very christian, but watching or participating in them is not a sin. There no scripture on it per se.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I hope college football isn't tainted by the blm and other turmoil, just about the last sport I care to view, anyone else?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Organized professional and collegiate sports no longer exist in America. Due to lack of revenue a lot of teams in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL are probably going to fold. Nobody is going to follow a team that plays in empty arenas and stadiums with cardboard cutouts of fans and canned applause and booing. Not even worth watching on TV. Total joke.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I hope college football isn't tainted by the blm and other turmoil, just about the last sport I care to view, anyone else?
I predict that the 2020 schedule will be severely truncated and eventually cancelled.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
locally we have players rebelling against imagined slights and threatening to kneel at the Anthem, not the sign of maturity and bound to turn fans off, as perhaps it should, we have placed so very many idols ahead of His rightful 1st place in our lives it is perhaps well we return to right priorities in these last of the last days, indeed, everything will be shaken this year.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
As long as they play and my team wins, they can do what they want. My Yankees kneel and wear BLM shirts during practice. And they are 7-1 so I'm happy.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ya'll don't play fair.
You hire the best coach and recruit the best players, and that just ain't fair.
Haters gonna hate............

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
creeping closer to college football season, I used to look forward to it a lot, this last of the last days events have put my focus back to more eternal needs, still, we shall see what this brings. Locally some of the players are talking about kneeling for the anthem, that will pretty much adversely affect my level of caring if they do make that dumb decision.

Aug 1, 2020
I'm a suffering Mariners and Seattle sports fan. Let's go Seattle! Can't wait for the Kraken to start playing.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm a suffering Mariners and Seattle sports fan. Let's go Seattle! Can't wait for the Kraken to start playing.
I just saw the Press Release about Seattle Sea Hawks signing a new Quarterback.............He ain't real handsome, but he sure can toss the pigskin!

seattle qb.jpg

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Good news, still a lot of season left. When the broke the curse of the Billy Goat, I was sure it was a miracle.(y);):giggle: