Stagnation, delay, limitations..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 3, 2018
I really really really want to do something for God, but I do not know where to start or how to go about it. I am starting something very BIG and I just need encouragement and support from God, most importantly wisdom to do the right thing FOR HIM. I want him to be pleased, I want to be walking in my purpose NOW no more set backs, delays, or stagnation. Help me pray for this brothers and sisters. Thank you, Amen.

U

Ugly

*I* really really really want...

*I* am starting something...

*I want* Him to be pleased..

*I want* to be walking...

In *my* purpose *now*

Perhaps your lack of knowing where to start, having delays and set backs is because *you* want it *now*, but I don't see anything about whether or not it's what God wants now. Perhaps your prayer should be "God where do YOU want me *now*?" rather than "God *I* want to do this *now*".

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I am convinced that the most important thing anyone can do for Christ is to lead others closer to Him. This applies to pastors, missionaries, and every other true Christian. The only way to do this is to draw closer to Him oneself. One cannot lead others to a closer relationship with God if He does not have a close relationship himself.

I submit to you that the most important thing you can do with your life right now is to grow as close to God and Christ as you can. Once you have developed a consistent close daily walk with Him, THEN He will be able to use you in any number of ways.

Indeed, once you have developed a daily close relationship with Christ, He can use you right where you are without the need of you becoming a missionary or pastor, etc.

And he might even bring you into a great ministry because He can trust you to stay close to Him in it.

Jesus said the most important thing for us to do is to love God. That means getting to know Him as best we can daily.

The more we understand God's love for us the more we are motivated to love Him back. The more we love Him, the more we want to reflect His love to the world around us. (This is the second most important thing we can do.)

Until we are doing this consistently, how can God use us to do anything else?

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
I asked once that I wanted to know what the purpose was that GOD had in my life. I was told to wait on the spirits leading. and Quoted " what better place to wait than at the feet of GOD" Waiting doesn't mean just sitting back and watching the world go by, Open a door and if doesn't work close it and open another. Wait and see what He has in store for you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Sunlight77, and this prayer. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Feb 28, 2016
I am convinced that the most important thing anyone can do for Christ is to lead others closer to Him. This applies to pastors, missionaries, and every other true Christian. The only way to do this is to draw closer to Him oneself. One cannot lead others to a closer relationship with God if He does not have a close relationship himself.

I submit to you that the most important thing you can do with your life right now is to grow as close to God and Christ as you can. Once you have developed a consistent close daily walk with Him, THEN He will be able to use you in any number of ways.

Indeed, once you have developed a daily close relationship with Christ, He can use you right where you are without the need of you becoming a missionary or pastor, etc.
====================================================
very informative post -

as we grow, we come to learn why Christ has taught us that patience is truly a 'virtue',
over-coming our own heart's desires and putting His before ours often takes years
to learn, we, hub and myself have had a lot of first-hand experience at this very
thing...Christ won't take our hopes and dreams away, but if we love and obey Him,
then He will teach us how to discern proper priority...

And he might even bring you into a great ministry because He can trust you to stay close to Him in it.

Jesus said the most important thing for us to do is to love God. That means getting to know Him as best we can daily.

The more we understand God's love for us the more we are motivated to love Him back. The more we love Him, the more we want to reflect His love to the world around us. (This is the second most important thing we can do.)

Until we are doing this consistently, how can God use us to do anything else?

Feb 28, 2016
a very informative post Ernest -
somehow my reply didn't insert in the right way so I'm re-doing it.
============================================================================

as we grow, we come to learn why Christ has taught us that patience is truly a 'virtue',
over-coming our own heart's desires and putting His before ours often takes years
to learn, we, hub and myself have had a lot of first-hand experience at this very
thing...Christ won't take our hopes and dreams away, but if we love and obey Him,
then He will teach us how to discern proper priority...

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I'm praying that God will bless you in a loving way and draw you closer to Himself. May He give you guidance, bring favor into your situations and bless you with the desires of your heart according to His perfect will.

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray with Sunlight77. Bless all his plans that he wants to accomplish for thy kingdom. Let him know thy will and thy purpose. In thy precious name.Amen

K

kittycat7

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.
Psalm 112:5