Start my own shirt business?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
So I know this is kind of a weird leftfield thing, but ever since I started working at my new job I wondered about doing my artwork into T-shirts and print some things as a sort of side business or as a hobby. This would require investing in the software that I sell as well as several process making things. I don’t know if this is what God wants me to do, because for the longest time I thought that God wanted me to be a caregiver of some kind. I still wonder if that’s not what he still wants, but the timing just isn’t right maybe.

It would definitely be a great way to get my artwork out there, as well as make some money on the side. But the biggest part is only knowing whether that’s what God wants me to do or not. I only want to do what God wants me to do, and I can honestly say that I am a little bit confused.

I know that I probably won’t be able to be a caregiver or in the medical field as long as I’m with mom, and make her too sad and I know that it’s really uncomfortable for her. I also know that if God wants me to do that, then that’s what I wanna do. it just seems like I always feel like that’s what God wants me to do and I don’t know if it’s just my own desire to do something.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I heard some people who do go in that business :) so go ahead sis :) There is a reason why God has gifted you such amazing talent :)

God bless you ❤

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Amen
I guess prayer for wisdom is always needed

Amen! I agree which i already can see you did 😊

When we ask for Wisdom we have to pay attention to how God has gifted us... :) ( I read this somewhere and I guess this is true)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So I know this is kind of a weird leftfield thing, but ever since I started working at my new job I wondered about doing my artwork into T-shirts and print some things as a sort of side business or as a hobby. This would require investing in the software that I sell as well as several process making things. I don’t know if this is what God wants me to do, because for the longest time I thought that God wanted me to be a caregiver of some kind. I still wonder if that’s not what he still wants, but the timing just isn’t right maybe.

It would definitely be a great way to get my artwork out there, as well as make some money on the side. But the biggest part is only knowing whether that’s what God wants me to do or not. I only want to do what God wants me to do, and I can honestly say that I am a little bit confused.

I know that I probably won’t be able to be a caregiver or in the medical field as long as I’m with mom, and make her too sad and I know that it’s really uncomfortable for her. I also know that if God wants me to do that, then that’s what I wanna do. it just seems like I always feel like that’s what God wants me to do and I don’t know if it’s just my own desire to do something.

Just keep in mind that this is gonna take money. ALOT of money. You have to pay the printers, pay for the material and colors used, etc etc etc...

No offense at all is meant by my next comment here but, seeing all the emotional melt downs you had with Daddy, it is blatantly obvious that being a caregiver is NOT the job for you. As you found out, it is physically, mentally and emotionally draining on everyone involved, particularly the caregiver. You tried taking ALL the responsibilities with Daddy, and when Mom got involved, you weren't quite sure what your role was anymore. Truthfully, neither of you should have been taking care of him--that was hospice's job..

Maybe you could try selling your artwork on Etsy. I know some on there who offer customized merchandise specifically for what the buyer wants. :)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I honestly don’t know...but yeah I know I’m gonna keep working at where I am now if I invest in this idea. So I’ll be making money while spending money

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I’ve already got an idea of what designs I wanna make, and my boss is awesome and said once I get the drawing software I can totally get our software at a discounted and/or free rate

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Eh I’m having. A hard time actually saving any money to get a computer nice enough to run what I want to run.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I found this in my search for emojis.. A Pikachu poke-blob.. lol

k4y4TKF.png

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Oh that pikachu blob is super cute,I just got my laptop but it actually has a lot of stuff already on it which is nice. I just have two very slowly accumulate software and artwork

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Be sure to utilize FREE software and artwork.. I'm sure there's alot of free programs out there for you to use. Personally, I recommend Pixlr photo editor. I use it all the time. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Now is a good time to also visit all the free public domain picture sites that I gave you awhile back. :)

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
You could try Customink or Teespring, they even have hats
ladybugapparel.PNG
and shirts too
ladybug.PNG

Aug 2, 2009
Just give it a try by making a few shirts and see how they sell first. And sales to friends and family don't really count lol.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Oh yeah I have no intention of quitting my job or anything, I just want to do it as a hobby for now and may be turned into something later. And unfortunately it turns out that my computer has way too small of memory capacity’s to be able to handle the software. So it’s going to be my back up computer files I guess with a terabyte hard drive .