starting a new post, just cause

  • Thread starter Thread starter violakat
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Flying is nice if it isn't terribly long. I flew Glasgow - Schiphol Airport in the evening once and got to see the lights of Amsterdam by night, and the sunset from the plane window. That was amazing.
 
I fancy polar bears...seriously though I don't know what this thread is about so I'll just post this
 
I love flying! I've always wanted to be a pilot but my parents always talked me out of it (big mistake). When I'm on a flight I love knowing pretty much everything that's going on with the airplane (what the noises are and what all the moveable parts of the wing are called - flaps, ailerons, trim tabs, spoilers) and when I finally get bored of looking out the window I just make my way up to the cockpit and ask if they need a hand.

I'm kidding about that last part! :D I did actually get to fly a real plane once but it wasn't an airliner hehe. It doesn't really matter since airliners are always on autopilot anyway except for takeoff and some landings.
 
I was nervous, but I also had a nice older guy who sat beside me, and we chatted before takeoff and I told him it was my first flight. He explained things that would happen, some sounds I would hear (both in takeoff and landing) which was really helpful because otherwise I probably would have freaked out. :P

Wait, you went on your first flight alone? Yikes, I could not have done my first flight alone... I would have been like that crazy lady in Bridesmaids, talking about all these horrible things that could happen. lol
 
I know that smell is strongly connected with memory, but today I smelled a smell (ha...redundant much?) and it reminded me of something, I had smelled something like that before, but my brain just could NOT figure out what. It was so frustrating and I never did figure it out (once the smell is gone it's hard to think of what it could be).

What's worse is that it was on a check that someone sent in. It must have been her perfume, or shampoo or something, but after she left I kept smelling the check to see if it would trigger something in my brain. It did not, and I also felt weird for smelling a check (though it's not uncommon that they have a scent on them). :o
 
Wait, you went on your first flight alone? Yikes, I could not have done my first flight alone... I would have been like that crazy lady in Bridesmaids, talking about all these horrible things that could happen. lol

Well, technically my first experience on a plane ever was when I was 4 and I remember nothing so I don't count that. ;) But yes, my first real experience was by myself. Not really my choice, that's just how it had to be, but God sort of prepared me for it because I had been doing things by myself and being stretched on my own for months before that. :)
 
Good on you, Rachel. I don't know that I could fly on my own for my first plane flight (I was with our mission team from church, including one of my bros and mum).

Julianna, so you don't think your reptile dates will be attracted by Fuzzy in your signature?
 
Does anyone have any reptiles as pets?

No, but I think I dated a few. Oops...did I type that out loud? *facepalm*

Ha ha ha... That gives a whole new meaning to having a date who is good arm candy...

As in, he would have fared better as a bag on your arm than as a companion.

(This is NOT directed for all the GOOD guys out there... You know we appreciate you! ;))
 
Good on you, Rachel. I don't know that I could fly on my own for my first plane flight (I was with our mission team from church, including one of my bros and mum).

Julianna, so you don't think your reptile dates will be attracted by Fuzzy in your signature?
LOL! I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on Fluffy from now on, huh? :D