Still can't get on chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Not sure what to do. If someone can message me I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much :)

U

Ugly

Well, judging by the multiple other threads and posts in the past few days I'd say you're not the only one.

Aug 15, 2011
Hi ladylynn its me mmberk, I cant get in either, I think it because Im have chrome,laptop....So i will have to wait to eat some money to get a different laptop,, I pray you we be able to sign on,,,

Love and God bless....

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Hi ladylynn its me mmberk, I cant get in either, I think it because Im have chrome,laptop....So i will have to wait to eat some money to get a different laptop,, I pray you we be able to sign on,,,

Love and God bless....
Unless you are using an Apple device, I'm not sure why chat is not working for you. Even though I rarely use chat anymore I downloaded the new app on my laptop just to see what everyone was having problems with.................and had none.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

Love and God bless....
Hi mmberk., HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I'm also using google chrome dell laptop. This is where knowledge is power lol. I don't have much knowledge about computers. I go to CC and email and go to youtube and on occasion check FB and things have been working fine. Oh these young people with their changes! I understand it's probably much better and more efficient but these steps up into technology are biggies for us over 55 something people.

I'm sure you will not have to purchase another computer mm., it's just a matter of clicking the right buttons and having the right windows drop down and click...click..... click... I've seen these technophobes do it!! Robo can probably walk us through or get someone else here to help us. I purchased one of those tablets on sale at Christmas last year (they made it look so easy on TV) But alas., was afraid to put my email on it for fear of security breaches.

Thanks for answering my post. Love you sissy. ladylynn

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Unless you are using an Apple device, I'm not sure why chat is not working for you. Even though I rarely use chat anymore I downloaded the new app on my laptop just to see what everyone was having problems with.................and had none.

That's because you're under 55 lol. I don't even remember how to download things it's been so long since this laptop was purchased and things got downloaded. Tried to down load a Bible concordance CD and it doesn't show any pop up window to click click click. Used to work so easy. Thanks for answering anyway. :)

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
LOL I just went into my computer and it had a bunch of CC squares identified by numbers. So I clicked the last one and it said to install. So I did and was able to go into the chat room and post but its very tiny and the format is strange. Not complaining just wanted to let you guys know. Especially mmberk I'm still not exactly sure how it was done but it seems like it must be done that way each and every time? Not sure yet. Will keep you updated.

SAS

Jan 18, 2014
sent you a message,
hope it helps.

blessings

LOL I just went into my computer and it had a bunch of CC squares identified by numbers. So I clicked the last one and it said to install. So I did and was able to go into the chat room and post but its very tiny and the format is strange. Not complaining just wanted to let you guys know. Especially mmberk I'm still not exactly sure how it was done but it seems like it must be done that way each and every time? Not sure yet. Will keep you updated.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I login from my browser not from an app. Not a fan of apps. No problem with Microsoft Edge browser.

You are so cute Joanie. Am glad you added a pic. I have a son. lol

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
If you have not tried already: using google chrome.

I noticed I could not get on normally, I think I should be able to get on with google chrome, but lol I have been in the chat room twice in 3 months: maybe next month. I also have not posted much here recently, grieved over the divisions, but for a while was involved here.

Jan 6, 2013
Chromebooks run entirely off of apps and are powered by Google. They do not use Windows, Linux or any other such programs, so the Windows download needed for chat won't load on them.

D

dalconn

download adobe air if you are using windows 8....problem solved!!!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Chromebooks run entirely off of apps and are powered by Google. They do not use Windows, Linux or any other such programs, so the Windows download needed for chat won't load on them.

Yep, Chromebooks are more like a tablet/phone than they are a computer. If they run Android apps then we have a chat app that has been out for quite a while.

Sep 14, 2017
It seems to me that the chat app is a much cheaper version than the last one. For instance, I can't scroll to the top of the screen to see earlier posts. Then there's no video whatsoever.
Could that be due to the lack of membership & thus a lack of funds to run the site?
When I went in, the lounge was empty.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Adobe has been discontinued and the support for it isn't very good.. :/
Adobe flash (no longer supported and to be discontinued) and Adobe Air are two different pieces of software.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It seems to me that the chat app is a much cheaper version than the last one. For instance, I can't scroll to the top of the screen to see earlier posts. Then there's no video whatsoever.
Could that be due to the lack of membership & thus a lack of funds to run the site?
When I went in, the lounge was empty.

Speaking from experience from prior major changes to the chat software, usually RoboOp releases a base version and then upgrades as time progresses. In this case it was a ground up rebuild because of the need to get away from our older Adobe Flash based programming. I'm sure that as time moves forward (after he gets the IOS version online) other features will be restored.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Thank you for all the answers. I've found out how to sign into chat. Now there is a picture of "Christian Chat" on my laptop screen along with other pics with titles such as google, firefox, explorer microsoft..., etc... etc....

No., it is not much fun there now as the letters are teeeeeny tiny and it's difficult to maneuver but such is anything new that they still have to work the bugs out of. The other chat room was EXCELLENT and it's ease made coming on comfortable and inviting. Maybe that is why so many people have come to CC because this site is by far head over heels better than the others I've only quickly checked out in years past and left because of how hard it was to use.

I believe CC has been blessed and will continue to be.

Last edited:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
LOL I just went into my computer and it had a bunch of CC squares identified by numbers. So I clicked the last one and it said to install.
Just so you know, you can delete all the extra downloads to free up space. Just right click on each one and it should give you the option to send the file to the recycle bin.

So I did and was able to go into the chat room and post but its very tiny and the format is strange. Not complaining just wanted to let you guys know.
You should be able to expand the page size on a larger screen. Just click the maximize button (the square to the left of the big red "X") in the upper right corner