storing up treasures in heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Do you think about laying/storing up treasures in heaven? What are those treasures? I believe I know what that is, but what is to you? Is it something you do with a purpose or just happens maybe by the you live? What are the treasures the Scripture speak about?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Simply to be forever in the Presence of Jesus, Yeshua, is beyond dmy imagination for the joy and wonder.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Do you think about laying/storing up treasures in heaven? What are those treasures? I believe I know what that is, but what is to you? Is it something you do with a purpose or just happens maybe by the you live? What are the treasures the Scripture speak about?
I try to live as Christ commanded, which is to love even my enemy . Anything else, I never think about, the Lord knows my heart and I place myself at his disposal. HELP. I hope He doesn't put me to the test on that. What have I said! Oh dear, I don't want to be tested like Paul or the apostles. I couldn't do it. Please God help me.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I try to live as Christ commanded, which is to love even my enemy . Anything else, I never think about, the Lord knows my heart and I place myself at his disposal. HELP. I hope He doesn't put me to the test on that. What have I said! Oh dear, I don't want to be tested like Paul or the apostles. I couldn't do it. Please God help me.
You and me both brother/sister.... Sorry, please do not be offended I did not look up your gender....:)

I have had god's mercy/grace to lead a few people to Him, which may have gotten a treasure.... But what all lays up treasure?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm interesting question.
Well Revelation does reveal there are twelve foundation stones that are precious gems in all different colours and lists them...so I can imagine that is a treasure thats in heaven waiting for us.
Another is the pearl of great price, likened to salvation.

Apparently Jesus will give us all special white stones with our names engraved on them, and crowns of glory. And gold and white robes for us to wear, so there seems to be treasures of those sort stored in heaven. Up to you whether you believe its all spiritual or its actually literal and physical.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I will list the twelve foundarions they are garnished with

1. JAsper
2. Sapphire
3. Chalcedony
4. Emerald
5. Sardonyx
6. Sardius
7. Chrysolyte
8. Beryl
9. Topaz
10. Chryoprasus
11. Jacinth
12. Amethyst

Some of these I havent heard of or seen (yet) but they are all precious stones.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
You and me both brother/sister.... Sorry, please do not be offended I did not look up your gender....:)

I have had god's mercy/grace to lead a few people to Him, which may have gotten a treasure.... But what all lays up treasure?
Good question. Where your treasure is, there is your heart. When I was a child I gave my heart to Jesus. Jesus is in heaven, and that is where my heart is with my Lord and Saviour. He is my all in all. May God bless you. I am male by the way.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Do you think about laying/storing up treasures in heaven? What are those treasures?
Since God provides each of His children with an eternal inheritance as a gift of His grace, that is not these treasures in Heaven. However there are rewards and crowns for faithful service and testimony, and those would be the treasures.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
A treasure in heaven does not rust or wither away...... Anything that has that ability can be seen as having less value.

A dog’s or, parents unconditional love, just as Our Father has for us is something that cannot be destroyed regardless of whatever mistakes, troubles or, failures come.
Regardless of the economy, the weather, our weight, scars, whatever....... we can always lean on our STORED treasures in heaven to override any issues we encounter on Earth.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A dogs unconditional love? Why a dog? Dont you mean God's unconditional love?!

I have not experienced unconditional love from a dog sorry. Its usually, only if you feed them but still they can bite you.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You do not know my Pitú, she is a charmer and d at about 14 yearss, still goes into separation syndrome the minute I step out the doorw….. I haave thanked our Father for her lots, and thank Him for her love and ddteaching me to be the same towards our Maker. I believe God dwells in all living things for when He takes His breath back to Himself, they sleep.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Our prayers and our tears are stored in heaven in golden vials according to Rev.
My treasure is Jesus! To just worship Him without distractions would be the most blessed treasure to me!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

Leading others to Christ IS the treasure.

Feb 28, 2016
ISA. 33:6
And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of your times, and strength of salvation:
the fear of The LORD is his treasure.
COL. 2:2.
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love,
and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God,
and of The Father, and of Christ;
In Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

According to the scriptures, the Fear of The Lord, and Wisdom and Knowledge is,
(a piece of the Treasures of Heaven)...

MARK 10:21.
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him,
One thing you lack: go your way, sell whatsoever you have, and give to the poor,
and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.

what ever is 'more important' than God in our life, MUST be gotten RID of,
(FOR IT IS A STUMBLING-BLOCK to us for 'taking up The Cross of Jesus Christ')...

Mar 28, 2016

Great gift, you could say team work . Christ in us.

I would offer. The treasure is our citizenship and power that comes from up above not of us earthly. He gives us the desires of our new hearts. We are as part of that new desire in affect reigning with Christ as a kingdom of priest . Hebrew 6 speaks of the better things that accompany salvation . God promises he will remember our good works we offer toward his name . . . storing them up.

The reward is not in these earthen bodies we live in but the promised new incorruptible .We lay it up by the faith of Christ that does work in us to both will and do His good pleasure.

As far as salvation we have all agreed on the pennies worth according to that parable in Mathew. Some murmur and want bigger barns.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen. Mathew 20:15-16

If our God is more generous blessing one more than another that is not to be our business .

What does Christian have that they have not freely received from Him who is yoked with us. . taking away the heavy laden burdens,

Jun 10, 2019
bury the treasure

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
bury the treasure
The more I thought about your post and at first thought was funny, I then realized there is a "truth" in that... to store up treasure in heaven we do not let our left hand know what our right hand is doing (we bury) it in a way, here on Earth because if we get glory from others for what we do Jesus tells us that is all the glory we get.....

Jun 10, 2019
The more I thought about your post and at first thought was funny, I then realized there is a "truth" in that... to store up treasure in heaven we do not let our left hand know what our right hand is doing (we bury) it in a way, here on Earth because if we get glory from others for what we do Jesus tells us that is all the glory we get.....
Matt 6:4

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I personally think the only treasure we can store is the salvation of someone. The seed we planted, the water... while God gives the increase. That seed can take many forms or that water we pour on the seed.... and we will not/ may not know the roll we played until we get to heaven....