Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MissCris

I don't really know what to do right now. I'm not asking for advice, either, just sort of...thinking out loud, kind of.

I blew a tire almost 2 weeks ago. My husband and I agreed to try and get one used tire to replace it, just until we can afford to buy all new tires for my car. Because really, I don't drive it all that often, so it wouldn't be that big a deal. Finding a tire, however, has been very difficult. I've been entirely unsuccessful.

Today, I was talking to my sister (the one I frequently have problems with, though right now we're on good terms), and telling her about the tire fiasco. Apparently, after we hung up, she told her boyfriend what was going on and asked if he could ask the guys he works with if THEY have one stinkin' used tire.

Within half an hour of our first conversation, she called me back and told me to come into town tomorrow afternoon and meet her at a tire place, because she is going to buy 2 new tires for me.

I immediately had reservations about this, just because of our history. But I really felt that she was just trying to help me out, and it's not inappropriate to accept help or gifts from my sister. So I said ok, and expressed my gratitude.

Then she went on to say that I shouldn't be thanking her, because it was her boyfriend's idea.

Here's the really tricky part- my husband does not trust my sister OR her boyfriend, not a bit. He doesn't get along with either of them, and he hates that my sister treats me like she does so often.

I don't think he would mind me accepting the tires from my sister, although he would caution me that it might be just a way to manipulate me, something to hold over my head. That would be something I'd enter into with my eyes open...hoping for the best. But from her boyfriend?

I don't want to tell them that I won't/can't accept their gift, because I know that will just offend them.

I dunno. Of course I'm going to discuss it with my husband, and see what he thinks. I mean, we can get our own tires in a few weeks. I think I'd rather just do that.

Problem solved. Amazing how much it helps to just write things out sometimes.

W

wwjd_kilden

Wow... I was just reminded how many jerks there are on the internet.
I encountered a mod who gave a long rant talking me down because I had, in some context, said that I consider the h- word to be cursing even if you use the "cuss- version". *Runs back to CC and hides*

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
I was a bit disturbed by the "Proud To Be a Christian" sign I saw.

I just sat there staring at it going... "Ummmm... really?"

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get it to make sense.

Pride tells us that WE decide what is right or wrong; good or evil... without the approval of God or others. I guess that makes perfect sense though because the opposite of pride is humility and it requires humbling ourselves to God and one another to judge righteously.

So I have found another oxymoron to add to my short list... proud Christian. Christian = Christ-like
Jesus was NEVER proud.
Pray for that one. Pride comes before the fall.

W

wwjd_kilden

Can I use my FF summon powers?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I was a bit disturbed by the "Proud To Be a Christian" sign I saw.

I just sat there staring at it going... "Ummmm... really?"

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get it to make sense.

Pride tells us that WE decide what is right or wrong; good or evil... without the approval of God or others. I guess that makes perfect sense though because the opposite of pride is humility and it requires humbling ourselves to God and one another to judge righteously.

So I have found another oxymoron to add to my short list... proud Christian. Christian = Christ-like
Jesus was NEVER proud.
Pray for that one. Pride comes before the fall.
Replace "Proud" with "Unashamed" and put Romans 1:16 on there, I think we're good. :D

And for my own random thoughts:

School isn't so far away. I've just started driving (Monday was the first day I went behind the wheel. I did a little bit Wednesday, too.), I'm going to a girl's bible study/sleepover tonight, and the house-hunting continues! Busy life right now. But I'm also grateful for the life I have. Some days I wouldn't have it any other way, feeling like I do right now. :) Right now, I'm content. Though I know I should be content, not wanting anything in all situations. It's so hard in a world full of "I wants" and "You should wants" circulating all around us.

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Someone just offered to buy me a pair of $200 dollar boots... I looked at him like a deer in the headlights.

A

arwen83

Today i saw a man in his mid-sixties riding an old looking bicycle while wearing a business suit and smoking a cigarette.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Came home from work today to hear the news that one of our cats had died. He got outside and a dog got him. We had him for 7 years. I feel stupid for crying so much.

Cruddy day.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I've just started driving (Monday was the first day I went behind the wheel. I did a little bit Wednesday, too.
Our little girl is growing up :(:(

**happily remembers the roads of CO are safe
:D

A

arwen83

Came home from work today to hear the news that one of our cats had died. He got outside and a dog got him. We had him for 7 years. I feel stupid for crying so much.

Cruddy day.
Sorry for your loss. And don't feel stupid, cry all you want :(

A

arwen83

Dr put me back on Ativan for sleep/anxiety. I'm looking forward to better nights :) Sleep is such an important thing *feeling relieved*

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Several months back I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman in the city who had a huge wooden sign in large letters that read "I repent. Jesus saves." These people used to be off-putting, but I figured, what the hey, and engaged him in conversation.

I mentioned that his sign suggests a cause and effect that is just not true. We don't repent first, then Jesus saves us. Jesus saves us, then we choose to repent out of our love and obedience. He did not have anything to say after that.

Last week I saw a man with another huge brand new sign. It read "Jesus saves. I repent."

Now I am wondering....did I do that? :confused:

A

arwen83

Several months back I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman in the city who had a huge wooden sign in large letters that read "I repent. Jesus saves." These people used to be off-putting, but I figured, what the hey, and engaged him in conversation.

I mentioned that his sign suggests a cause and effect that is just not true. We don't repent first, then Jesus saves us. Jesus saves us, then we choose to repent out of our love and obedience. He did not have anything to say after that.

Last week I saw a man with another huge brand new sign. It read "Jesus saves. I repent."

Now I am wondering....did I do that? :confused:
In my opinion you and God, working through you, had a hand in that :) Thats a good story.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Repent and be saved.... I always believed it to go in that order.

Jul 15, 2013

Cruddy day.
Pets can be, and often are, family. I have a kitteh myself, and she is very much loved. If she died I'd cry too. Don't feel ashamed for loving and missing a family member.

Jul 15, 2013
On my mind...I just noticed that when I type in this area, every once in a while it says "Auto Saved" - does that mean every single word I type but not post (that is, not hit "post reply") makes it to some log on this site somewhere?