Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

So i had to go to the doctor this morning because i wasn't feeling well. My allergies have been acting up and making me miserable. After not sleeping the past two nights because of it i decided i needed some medicine. Also i had a feeling it was turning into a chest infection.

I see the doctor and he says, yes it's your allergies and prescribes me.... no kidding 4 different medicines for it. Then says and here is an antibiotic....wait 2 days if it's not any better take this.

This is the SAME doctor who told me it was also allergies when i had a full blown chest infection and felt like i was breathing through a straw. I tried telling him today and last time... this is noooot my allergies anymore. Why oh why does he keep prescribing me claritan for everything.

You have a migraine... here TAKE SOME CLARITAN!
You were in a car accident and your leg is broken!!!...HERES SOME NASONEX!!

Ain't nobody got time to wait around for two days....

C

Catlynn

Laying around, watching a cartoon, covered in children. XD

Attachments

C

Catlynn

I just realized that this thread is like the Twitter/Facebook status area of CC. Heh. It's gonna go on forever. Someone give Arwen a medal or somethin. She's a genius! :p

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
If the requirements for getting married are being debt-free, making at least $45,000 a year, being completely done with your education, having a job with full benefits and a 401(k) and being a homeowner, virtually none of us could get married during the prime of our lives.

I figure I'll join the 30's and single club faster than I think. No worries, at least I can see it coming. :)

G

GreenNnice

If we commit our plans to the Lord, we will have success.

It's important to note, too, our idea of success might not be God's--often it's not. But, it's going to be EVEN BETTER than what kind of success we dream up, His will be the best, even, dare I say, perfect :)

What's so good about the world's success, anyway? Especially if that's not the success that God's wanting you to be wrapped up in? Your success should be embracing the thing(s) that God has in your life, like, for some, it's children, and, your a single mom that God is going to get you through it all, for some, it's an education, currently, that God is going to see it through perfectly to the end of its road, if you believe in this 'road' to His riches for you.

Riches, smiches, what do YOU really want ? I mean, IF God says store up our treasures in heaven, what on Earth are you TRYING to store them up HERE for ! :(

Don't do it ! Follow Him, for your life, it might just be 45k, a white picket fence, a blue collar job, and, a wife, and, a FJ Cruiser. If it is, fa-g-r-r--r-reat-abulous ! That's you, doing what God wants. You'll know , just don't depress the pedal of your life on ideas that God KNOWS are not best for you, not perfect :)

Plan your life around His will for you, through faith, through prayer; yep, that's the start of you being THERE ! YOU will have untold success, oodles and oodles of God's blessed life for you, far more precious than gold :)

To humans belong the plans of the heart,but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue.
2All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
but motives are weighed by the Lord.

3Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.

4The Lord works out everything to its proper end—
even the wicked for a day of disaster.

5The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

6Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the Lord evil is avoided.

7When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way,
he causes their enemies to make peace with them.

8Better a little with righteousness
than much gain with injustice.

9In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the Lord establishes their steps.

------------
The Lord leads. Stop trying, just get going His way for you, in faith, go each day, each mundane day, if it is, and, keep on knowing that He will establish your plans. Just GIVE Him your heart's desires, and, may that desire be FOUND in Him !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kayem77

It's one of those moments where you are left wondering if ''is it just me? or does everyone else feel this way?''. How many doubts, regrets, fears, dreams, passions, desires, can someone have in their lives? Are they the driving force of a person's life? Should they? When I was younger I lamented having strong feelings, I wished I didn't care about so many things around me so that I could prevent disappointment. As I came to know Christ, that wish went away.
But somedays, just somedays......I find it lingering on the back of my mind or on a corner inside of my heart. The wish of being completely carefree, not worried about ideals, not feeling too strong about anything. But then my good reasoning comes to save the day and I slowly start battling that wish. God placed some of the desires in my heart for a reason...but why did God make me awkward? or maybe I made myself awkward? why do I overthink everything? why do I ask so many questions? lol stupid stupid brain...and heart! you are also stupid so many times.

I

iTOREtheSKY

*sigh...off to work in a few here. Another almost sleepless night stressing over $$$ issues. Ever since my divorce it's been one financial issue after another. Every time it looks like I'll get ahead,I fall deeper into the hole. Work is thinning out & it looks like Oct will not be giving me tons of hours in the next few weeks. I need to find some other work,but there's nothing available right now. This coupled with a few health things that are getting very serious & affecting me daily is really wearing down on me mentally. I never bring up the health things because I really hate to whine about stuff. But basically I have been in almost severe pain for over a year now with something I did to my back. (also there's something messed up with one of my fingers that has gotten worse over the past 5 yrs actually-which is possibly something arthritis related due to a broken bone from a car accident in my 20's) But yeah,anyways...I feel this morning in a bit of a dark place,and I get really angry at myself when I get all "whoa is me"-esque. Keep me in yer' prayers people if the Lord leads. I appreciate it.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Honestly, I love how honest people can be on here which is why I like certain posts. It gives us an opportunity to just kind of get certain things off our chest and also pray for people. :) What an amazing thread.

M

MissCris

I hate when I see one of my posts from the previous day and find that I didn't misspell a word, I just used the wrong one entirely. Obviously I can't go and edit it, at that point. But I also don't want to do a whole new post just to correct my mistake, because then it's just drawing attention to a mistake that might've gone unnoticed...at least by some...

Hmm. Best solution here is to just keep being weird, people will think I made those mistakes on purpose.

I got this.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Started my day out with peppermint tea with a little honey and raw sugar, to see if that will cut down on the headache issues. I probably just need to visit the naturopathic doctor, see what needs changed.

error

Oct 23, 2009
My wayfarer backpack says -> Those who live see a lot. Those who travel see more. It is always nice to read it when I want to take out something from my backpack.

And yes - I'm back from Turkey.
turkey 2013 057-001.jpg

S

Shouryu

My wayfarer backpack says -> Those who live see a lot. Those who travel see more. It is always nice to read it when I want to take out something from my backpack.

And yes - I'm back from Turkey.

Yay! Welcome back! I actually did think to myself yesterday morning, "We haven't seen Jolanta around here in a while."

M

MissCris

I went outside a few minutes ago, and noticed a ladder leaning against my house. It's not our ladder; we don't have one. On top of this ladder was a cat. The cat, she's ours.

The only conclusion I can draw here is that our cat has a diabolical plan to....something...to our house.

Which actually makes good sense, because last night, I accidentally stepped on her foot. Because she's sneaky, and I didn't see her.

Revenge?

Or maybe she's just trying to get stuck on the roof.

Maybe the real question here should be, where did that ladder even come from?!

G

GreenNnice

lavender cures headaches (ask for a 'Aromatherapy' pot for Christmas/birthday, or just put your head in a steaming vapor of lavender scented oil) so does rubbing the area of ache help, so I've heard, and, peppermint tea is good for a lot of things, it's just a good tonic to start out your day with. Rub it on your face too and feel refreshed. Cold water is good for our skin, keeps us younger looking, tightens up the pores, finish your shower with a quick rush of cold water on your face for those just not seeing the full benefits from Nivea or cucumber cream masks :)

Hmmm, God is good, He is providing for me every day, through everything of my life, i'm rather healthy in a pain sense, but, sure, I have my aches and pains, wrongalities, but, God gets me through I FIND when I just focus my day on Him and NOT on my pain. God is the Great Healer and Great Physician so pray that PAIN away :)

When i was in college, it was such a blast, I was in debt and living like a pauper for 4 years but God just always provided, i knew that he would, never a doubt, none. He saw that 'vision' of mine, and, it worked ,GREAT formula, except it's not a formula, it's FAITH, faith that is, simply, in Him. I've found in life when that vision faded, when I started to want to do some of my own things, my heart was waning and, even, doing, things away from His vision was when my plans went awry. Often, our plans, when we get off the straight and narrow, go very awry, too. Kind of like the stock market, a stock goes up slowly often, with ebbs and flows, and, little down movements but steadily up for a long time. But, THEN! In a VERY short time, the stock goes down quickly ,MUCH sooner down that it took for it to go up.

Recognizing the importance in our lives of keeping God in THAT down cycle is KEY because THAT is when we want to bail. Don't bail ! He is NOT leaving you or forsaking you, BUT when you do bail THAT is when you can begin to blame God and things just magnify badly from that jump.

When the world says , 'Might as well jump. JUMP! Might as well jump.' Don't. That's Satan getting into your perfect excercise that's just taking it slowly with God going up His 'mountain' for you, with parts that SEEM like you're going sideways, or, even, down, but, really, God is just bringing you along, or, Satan is allowed to tempt, remember, God NEVER tempts us to do evil/sin, that's ALL red-horn faced fellas' doing. God is going to take you to the 'top.' :)

C

Catlynn

Just heard an audio file of my good friend's baby's heartbeat. Ooooohhhh my goodness! Such an amazing sound!

X

xAlphaOmega

Well, I spoke too soon about the job... I failed my drug test.... *sigh* I just cant catch a break it seems. I really needed this because it paid well and was my type of job. :( So much going through my mind right now. Dang....

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Just heard an audio file of my good friend's baby's heartbeat. Ooooohhhh my goodness! Such an amazing sound!
Heartbeats are amazing. I asked for a stethescope a few years ago for Christmas, so I could listen to my heart. It's very calming to me.

My siblings teased me (and some friends too) because it's such a strange thing to ask for, considering I'm not in the medical field. But I think it's really cool. I worship God when I hear it. The heart's so amazing, constantly beating. I listened to my cat's heartbeat, too, and it's so fast!

Congrats to your friend! :)

I

iTOREtheSKY

Started my day out with peppermint tea with a little honey and raw sugar, to see if that will cut down on the headache issues. I probably just need to visit the naturopathic doctor, see what needs changed.
lil..yer' post made me really want to go make some tea right now & also reminded me to pick up some more honey!! ty:D