Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iTOREtheSKY

"Ludicrous" is one of the few words I've never understood what it means.
Does "ludicrous" mean pathetic? Hilarious? Farcical?
Does "ludicrous" mean "Yo bro, yall's ridiculous"?
Perhaps "ludicrous" means silly or obnoxious?

I've always wondered...
:confused:
I thought he meant the Rapper. LOLz

I

iTOREtheSKY

What. a. day. I spoke with 87 people in 6 hours. 15 minutes with a man in his early 60's (I'm guessing) who had no clue as to what his shoe size was. Asked him to look in his closet for other shoes that fit him nicely...tell me what size they are,and we shall proceed with the order. Apparently the shoe size gnomes stole the sizes off of every pair of footwear this man had.
I even went as far as to ask him if he was in fact currently wearing shoes whilst we were talking.
He said indeed he was.
I suggested he might slip one off & see if there was a size marked inside the shoe or on the tongue or even on the bottom of it.

Nope.
Fail.

We decided to order him a size 10 & if they were too big then he could return them.

I put myself on after call for a minute to collect myself,as I sat in disbelief that someone could go through quite possibly their entire adult life ...have various pairs of shoes wore & collected over the years,yet still haven't a clue as to what size they take.

I wonder how some people have survived in life..held jobs..raised families...and yet seem to not be able to handle something so basic????

I'm not judging people...it just sort of boggles my mind is all.

Anyways...I'm home now...time to veg out.

G

GreenNnice

Veggie patty burgers, I'm convinced, are all the same tasting. Black bean and onion and green pepper ones taste like sweet potato and carrot ones, pretty much. There's a little difference in their insipidness but, yeah. As long as I put on plenty of horseradish and ketchup, they go down just fine.

January is so mild this year. What a winter, besides, a few cold days (without snow) in early December, I remember.
I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to have two spring seasons in the Great Northwest, Western Washington, anyway. 50 degrees and sunny the last few days, during what's usually our coldest part of the season. Oh well, the Lord leads, I've got 4x4 but stopping in snow, if starting to slide, is no better in it than car. So, yeah, I'm not a fan of snow for that reason, driving.

So, yeah, not much to do about it, except enjoy it. My dog does like the snow though and likes catching snowballs I throw at her. They explode when they hit her mouth. She shows her teeth at them, too, like she's thinking they are some flying animal at her she's munching into.

M

MissCris

I cut the corner of my mouth on a biscuit. One of those supposedly flaky ones. Every time I yawn (which is a heck of a lot starting at nine p.m.)...OUCH.

I can't decide if this is more or less embarrassing than the butter knife incident.

Life: I'm doing it wrong.

T

Tintin

What. a. day. I spoke with 87 people in 6 hours. 15 minutes with a man in his early 60's (I'm guessing) who had no clue as to what his shoe size was. Asked him to look in his closet for other shoes that fit him nicely...tell me what size they are,and we shall proceed with the order. Apparently the shoe size gnomes stole the sizes off of every pair of footwear this man had.
I even went as far as to ask him if he was in fact currently wearing shoes whilst we were talking.
He said indeed he was.
I suggested he might slip one off & see if there was a size marked inside the shoe or on the tongue or even on the bottom of it.

Nope.
Fail.

We decided to order him a size 10 & if they were too big then he could return them.

I put myself on after call for a minute to collect myself,as I sat in disbelief that someone could go through quite possibly their entire adult life ...have various pairs of shoes wore & collected over the years,yet still haven't a clue as to what size they take.

I wonder how some people have survived in life..held jobs..raised families...and yet seem to not be able to handle something so basic????

I'm not judging people...it just sort of boggles my mind is all.

Anyways...I'm home now...time to veg out.
Well... If the shoe fits, you know. :)

P

persNickety

The problem with putting clothes in you closet, is that you forget what you own

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
...And that you can only enter Narnia when Aslan calls you.
I just got to read the last 7 pages of The Magician's Nephew to my son. Watching him make the connections between it and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was, well, magical. =)

Sep 6, 2013
I just got to read the last 7 pages of The Magician's Nephew to my son. Watching him make the connections between it and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was, well, magical. =)
That is my girls' favorite book, for the same reason. It's like... Ohhhhhh! I SEE! :D

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
I'm still editing a manuscript that was due this morning. Well, actually, I am procrastinating at the moment because I just needed to clear my head. To my fellow bibliophiles turned authors: always format, edit, and proof your work before sending it to the publisher. We much prefer making minor tweaks to rewriting entire passages.

T

Tintin

Haha! Awesome! That's one of my favourite books and my favourite Narnia Chronicle, along with The Silver Chair.

Feb 18, 2013
Why must it be such a challenge to find a modest bridesmaid dress? All the dresses that meet my basic criteria for modesty are "special occasion" dresses, so they don't come in the color that the bride wants.

We finally found one, but I feel like I had to compromise on my modesty standards a little.

Gah.

I hate shopping.

Jul 25, 2012
Why must it be such a challenge to find a modest bridesmaid dress? All the dresses that meet my basic criteria for modesty are "special occasion" dresses, so they don't come in the color that the bride wants.

We finally found one, but I feel like I had to compromise on my modesty standards a little.

Gah.

I hate shopping.
PIK'CHAAAS!!!