Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JustAnotherUser

Someone make the madness stop. My mother died eight months ago and now my grandmother (mom's mom) has been given two weeks max to live. She got a bad infection and the dialysis port was the source of it. She refuses to do any more dialysis. Hospiceis taking over.

My life is a badly scripted drama. Just...wow. WOW. I have very few words as to how I feel right now.
Wow, and I complain about the petty things in my life...

I'm so sorry. Can't even begin to imagine how it is for you. I don't openly say this often, but I'm going to keep you in my prayer.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I know I won't be up for sleeping any time soon. Soo. I'm making gluten free sugar cookies and decorating them with sprinkles that are meant for easter and springtime but using them anyway because I don't have any Valentine's Day sprinkles

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Spring themed sugar cookies...on a Christmas themed plate. I find this slightly humorous. I'll show y'all soon.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I just realized you guys won't be able to see the plate. But I'm showing y'all anyways. Last two cookies are in the oven. Isn't it odd how you make up cookies from a box and you make a dozen or two and then there's like this random bit of dough left for a whole cookie or two. So weird.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Someone make the madness stop. My mother died eight months ago and now my grandmother (mom's mom) has been given two weeks max to live. She got a bad infection and the dialysis port was the source of it. She refuses to do any more dialysis. Hospiceis taking over.

My life is a badly scripted drama. Just...wow. WOW. I have very few words as to how I feel right now.
Hugs, Hugs, Hugs, and more Hugs. Maybe I can get someone to buy a whole bag of the hershey's type of hugs so you are well supplied. I know chocolate won't fix things, but it is an ever present help in time of needing comfort food.

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
Sigh, oh the dilemma of having to decide which twin gets the 76 and which gets the 0 for plagiarism. Oh well, give them both the 0 and hopefully be able to get to the bottom of it tomorrow afternoon.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Sigh, oh the dilemma of having to decide which twin gets the 76 and which gets the 0 for plagiarism. Oh well, give them both the 0 and hopefully be able to get to the bottom of it tomorrow afternoon.
Yeesh, talk about your being stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

A

AgeofKnowledge

How I came to be in those dark woods on that moonlit night I have no idea. Two things I do remember, however, was that I was lost and it was cold. The dirt path in front of me was rugged and the forest towered on both sides leaving me with the impression that creatures not quite right inhabited these woods.

I pushed on until the path widened and broke free of the forest. By the light of the moon I could see a quaint two story wood and field stone cottage in the middle of a meadow. Light streamed from the downstairs windows and as I approached so did the sound of conversation. The path ended at a solid oak door that was both inviting and intimidating. I knocked deliberately.

“It’s open!” voices cried in unison. I pushed the door open and walked into an entryway. Directly in front of me was a long winding staircase that reached upward to the second story I presumed for it was too dark to see where it ended. To my far right was a kitchen and in between a living room with a couple the like of which I had never seen before seated on a Victorian couch staring directly at me. They motioned for me to close the door and enter so I complied and took a seat directly across from them in an old rocker next to the fireplace.

The woman was waif with the bluest eyes and whitest hair. Pale, slender, and dressed black from head to foot, it was as if she had just returned from a wake. The man, who was obviously her husband, looked very different. He was a strong man with big hands and a face that looked almost violently mean yet hid a crafty smile.

The man spoke first. “Always coming and going, we’ll die of a draft,” he stated somewhat somberly.
“Forgive me,” I replied, “To my recollection I have never seen this place before and am quite lost. While I appreciate your hospitality might I inquire as to my hosts identity?”

The woman answered next. “Of course dear,” she said leaning forward to pat my hand in a gesture of feigned empathy, “This is Mad and I am Ness. We are the Starks.”

“He knows that already,” the man snapped, “don’t you ever tire of reminding him.” I raised my eyebrows. “Your room is upstairs,” Ness added pointing toward the entryway stairs. After suffering several more minutes of Mad’s glare, I decided to leave the living room.

Following the entryway to the stairs I stared up into the blackness and felt suddenly alone and fearful. What was that? Was it the stress of my current predicament and the strange discussion I had just engaged in or was that actually the sound of something shuffling ominously above me. A cold shiver ran down my back. I stepped back into the light and called to the Starks, “Is anyone up there?” “No dear” Ness replied, “just you.” “He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed,” Mad muttered. Stepping back to the stairs and not wanting to offend my new hosts any further, I stood there quietly for a long time before summoning the courage to continue.

Once my eyes acclimated to the dark, I took the stairs one at a time and made my way to the top. There, I surveyed the upstairs. Several doors were locked save one. I turned the knob and pushed the door open. The moonlight streaming in through the bedroom window made it easy to see a dresser and stool in a corner of the room. I entered and saw a simple bed in the middle of the room with a wooden chest at its foot. On the bed were the remains of some poor unfortunate. As plain as day it was and fear gripped me as I moved in for a closer inspection. The skeleton appeared fresh and completely intact with not so much as a speck of dust evident.

My stomach tightened as I contemplated the situation. Obviously the Starks were aware that a skeleton was lying in one of their guest rooms and were not bothered in the slightest. Furthermore, they had offered me the use of the room for the night. This was not good.

Somewhat timidly I bent down and opened the chest searching for some manner of identification. I was at a loss for words at what I found. All of my personal belongings were present in the chest. My clothes were neatly folded on top and underneath were my tools and other assorted items that I carried when traveling. None of this made sense and it was at this moment that I looked up. Looking directly at me was the skeleton now seated on the bed rather than lying lifelessly on it.

I grabbed my chest in an attempt to still my heart as I stumbled to my feet and stepped back. The skeleton appeared to be enjoying my reaction and laughed eerily as it got to its feet. I could not believe my eyes.

“You’re standing,” I finally managed. My face felt like lead. “Yes I am,” the skeleton replied seriously, “and I want my body back.” “Your body?” I questioned, “Who are you?”

The skeleton rose to its full stature and fixed its hollow eyes on me as it spoke these words, “I am you!”

Horror overcame me and I heard hysterical laughing from the Starks who had made their way to the bedroom doorway. “Give him his body back sweetie,” Ness said menacingly. In a twinkle of an eye, I grabbed the stool and smashed out the window. Leaping into the moonlit meadow I ran for the woods saving to look back only once. It was then that I saw the skeleton climb through the broken window, drop to the ground and begin its pursuit.

I reached the woods and tried to escape by running randomly through the forest. Soon, however, the forest hemmed me in, the trees arching strangely allowing only one possible course. I followed the pattern for some time until the great towering trees relented and I found myself on a familiar dirt path. The wind rose moaning and whistling and it grew colder still. I grew dreadfully afraid and pushed on through the darkness. Then I heard footsteps in the distance and ran even faster. Once I glimpsed the awful creature and felt a sort of paralysis one only feels when face to face with such horrors. I ran for what seemed like an hour. I ran until my lungs felt as if they were on fire and I believed I could not take another step.

Finally, breathing heavily I crawled into a tangle of bushes. I lay on my side in the moist dirt looking frantically for some sign of the skeleton. A long time passed without incident and I began to think perhaps I had indeed escaped. I closed my eyes, rolled onto my back and breathed a sigh of relief. To my horror, I felt something hard yet supple and warm brush against my cheek. I opened my eyes and came face to face with the skeleton lying next to me. “We are one again,” were the last words and the last thing I remember as the skeleton ripped open my chest.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I KILLED THE QUEEN!!
At least I think I did.
That is there were all these ants that had taken up residence in the box that held my foil wrapped tea bags. And there was one that looked lots bigger than all the others. And it looked like there were some eggs or larvae or maggot like things there as well. And then I took the box out to the porch and sprayed raid into it and they all died, though I couldn't pick out the exact corpse of the big one that I thought was the queen.

Also, another advantage of foil wrapped tea bags is that you can rinse off all the ants on them without damaging the tea bags.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I KILLED THE QUEEN!!
At least I think I did.
That is there were all these ants that had taken up residence in the box that held my foil wrapped tea bags. And there was one that looked lots bigger than all the others. And it looked like there were some eggs or larvae or maggot like things there as well. And then I took the box out to the porch and sprayed raid into it and they all died, though I couldn't pick out the exact corpse of the big one that I thought was the queen.

Also, another advantage of foil wrapped tea bags is that you can rinse off all the ants on them without damaging the tea bags.

You have blood on your hands Cinder. This act amounts to culpable murder. You shall be tried by the laws of the Supreme Court of the Formicidae.

gypsygirl

Sep 19, 2012
i hate it when i feel hyper and spazzy and bored--all right before bedtime. it's just no fun. : (

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
i hate it when i feel hyper and spazzy and bored--all right before bedtime. it's just no fun. : (
What is it with everybody staying up tonight? :eek:

Maybe I should sing a lullaby and put you all to sleep. Hmm...

*Clears his throat*

Ahem...

*Clears his throat again*

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

Lil I'm sorry. I'm praying for you and your family.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
How I came to be in those dark woods on that moonlit night I have no idea. Two things I do remember, however, was that I was lost and it was cold. The dirt path in front of me was rugged and the forest towered on both sides leaving me with the impression that creatures not quite right inhabited these woods.

I pushed on until the path widened and broke free of the forest. By the light of the moon I could see a quaint two story wood and field stone cottage in the middle of a meadow. Light streamed from the downstairs windows and as I approached so did the sound of conversation. The path ended at a solid oak door that was both inviting and intimidating. I knocked deliberately.

“It’s open!” voices cried in unison. I pushed the door open and walked into an entryway. Directly in front of me was a long winding staircase that reached upward to the second story I presumed for it was too dark to see where it ended. To my far right was a kitchen and in between a living room with a couple the like of which I had never seen before seated on a Victorian couch staring directly at me. They motioned for me to close the door and enter so I complied and took a seat directly across from them in an old rocker next to the fireplace.

The woman was waif with the bluest eyes and whitest hair. Pale, slender, and dressed black from head to foot, it was as if she had just returned from a wake. The man, who was obviously her husband, looked very different. He was a strong man with big hands and a face that looked almost violently mean yet hid a crafty smile.

The man spoke first. “Always coming and going, we’ll die of a draft,” he stated somewhat somberly.
“Forgive me,” I replied, “To my recollection I have never seen this place before and am quite lost. While I appreciate your hospitality might I inquire as to my hosts identity?”

The woman answered next. “Of course dear,” she said leaning forward to pat my hand in a gesture of feigned empathy, “This is Mad and I am Ness. We are the Starks.”

“He knows that already,” the man snapped, “don’t you ever tire of reminding him.” I raised my eyebrows. “Your room is upstairs,” Ness added pointing toward the entryway stairs. After suffering several more minutes of Mad’s glare, I decided to leave the living room.

Following the entryway to the stairs I stared up into the blackness and felt suddenly alone and fearful. What was that? Was it the stress of my current predicament and the strange discussion I had just engaged in or was that actually the sound of something shuffling ominously above me. A cold shiver ran down my back. I stepped back into the light and called to the Starks, “Is anyone up there?” “No dear” Ness replied, “just you.” “He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed,” Mad muttered. Stepping back to the stairs and not wanting to offend my new hosts any further, I stood there quietly for a long time before summoning the courage to continue.

Once my eyes acclimated to the dark, I took the stairs one at a time and made my way to the top. There, I surveyed the upstairs. Several doors were locked save one. I turned the knob and pushed the door open. The moonlight streaming in through the bedroom window made it easy to see a dresser and stool in a corner of the room. I entered and saw a simple bed in the middle of the room with a wooden chest at its foot. On the bed were the remains of some poor unfortunate. As plain as day it was and fear gripped me as I moved in for a closer inspection. The skeleton appeared fresh and completely intact with not so much as a speck of dust evident.

My stomach tightened as I contemplated the situation. Obviously the Starks were aware that a skeleton was lying in one of their guest rooms and were not bothered in the slightest. Furthermore, they had offered me the use of the room for the night. This was not good.

Somewhat timidly I bent down and opened the chest searching for some manner of identification. I was at a loss for words at what I found. All of my personal belongings were present in the chest. My clothes were neatly folded on top and underneath were my tools and other assorted items that I carried when traveling. None of this made sense and it was at this moment that I looked up. Looking directly at me was the skeleton now seated on the bed rather than lying lifelessly on it.

I grabbed my chest in an attempt to still my heart as I stumbled to my feet and stepped back. The skeleton appeared to be enjoying my reaction and laughed eerily as it got to its feet. I could not believe my eyes.

“You’re standing,” I finally managed. My face felt like lead. “Yes I am,” the skeleton replied seriously, “and I want my body back.” “Your body?” I questioned, “Who are you?”

The skeleton rose to its full stature and fixed its hollow eyes on me as it spoke these words, “I am you!”

Horror overcame me and I heard hysterical laughing from the Starks who had made their way to the bedroom doorway. “Give him his body back sweetie,” Ness said menacingly. In a twinkle of an eye, I grabbed the stool and smashed out the window. Leaping into the moonlit meadow I ran for the woods saving to look back only once. It was then that I saw the skeleton climb through the broken window, drop to the ground and begin its pursuit.

I reached the woods and tried to escape by running randomly through the forest. Soon, however, the forest hemmed me in, the trees arching strangely allowing only one possible course. I followed the pattern for some time until the great towering trees relented and I found myself on a familiar dirt path. The wind rose moaning and whistling and it grew colder still. I grew dreadfully afraid and pushed on through the darkness. Then I heard footsteps in the distance and ran even faster. Once I glimpsed the awful creature and felt a sort of paralysis one only feels when face to face with such horrors. I ran for what seemed like an hour. I ran until my lungs felt as if they were on fire and I believed I could not take another step.

Finally, breathing heavily I crawled into a tangle of bushes. I lay on my side in the moist dirt looking frantically for some sign of the skeleton. A long time passed without incident and I began to think perhaps I had indeed escaped. I closed my eyes, rolled onto my back and breathed a sigh of relief. To my horror, I felt something hard yet supple and warm brush against my cheek. I opened my eyes and came face to face with the skeleton lying next to me. “We are one again,” were the last words and the last thing I remember as the skeleton ripped open my chest.

Do you write often? Is this your story or someone else? Is there more? I like scary stuff...... I know this Blond is a little strange....... You certainly had my attention......

M

MissCris

The weather outside (as opposed to the weather inside...?) seems to think it's spring time already- it rained last night, which is kiiiinda weird around here. Or maybe it isn't. I don't know, I just woke up. I'm all zombie-ish.

I had a dream that I left the kitchen faucet running and flooded my house with three feet of water, which attracted crocodiles. Colorado isn't exactly known for its crocodile population, so I dunno where they came from. I was pretty relieved to wake up and not have to swim to the bathroom.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Interesting dream AgeofKnowledge and MissChris. I have dreams like that when I ate too much pizza too close to bedtime. I don't have nightmares though, I just have really vivid, moderately weird dreams.

Couple nights ago I dreamed I was on a motorcycle, roaming around town, crashing into local factories and blowing up their breakrooms. Why I had a vendetta against breakrooms I don't know. But I was aware that it was all just a dream and nobody could get hurt, so I decided to have fun with it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
One of the neat things about being aware that it was a dream, I knew the cops couldn't catch me if I didn't want them to because it was MY dream they were in. You would be amazed what a guy can do on a dreamcycle. It was more impressive than Tron.