Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I find it extremely funny I'm not the only one who thought Taylor Swift sang "Starbucks lovers" when I first listened to her song "Blank Space." I could have sworn she sang, "All the lonely Starbucks lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane..." when I heard it for the first time. I knew it wasn't right, but I kept hearing it. XD Oh well. Taylor Swift is weird anyhow. I've never liked her music anyway.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Also - blinds were able to be fixed. The blinds I have are kinda different. I've never had this type before, but they came with the house I'm living in. I decided to take a closer look at them, and they weren't actually BROKEN. two of the blades were just knocked out. I was able to put them back in, no problem. Who knows how long it will actually STAY like that, though. I love my kitty, but he is a brat.
Oh my goodness. Cats and blinds. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to replace quite a few of the blinds in the windows at my house before I ever move out.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Oh my goodness. Cats and blinds. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to replace quite a few of the blinds in the windows at my house before I ever move out.
Yeah, he was into them ALL night! He just started doing this two nights ago. I might just have to keep my blinds pulled up at night.

M

MissCris

My dog died.

Well, to be fair, she hasn't been My dog since I was 16, she's been my step-dad's dog. I feel sad for him, mainly. But still a little sad for me, too, because I rescued her as a puppy and trained her and walked her and loved her.

Good memories, anyway.

Dec 31, 2014
maxresdefault.jpg
Who looked at this and decided "We'll call it 'Eggs Benedict'"?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dunno Deluge, but that looks like a McDonald's version of it. I recognize the texture of the "muffin" and the "canadian bacon" on it.

C

ChosenJC

Up down all around,
drop down to the ground;
High, low, a long way to go;
Where why, up to the sky;
Lay straight the path to take;
Sing song all day long;
Sit stand,
Stay strong.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Petty argument award goes to my family.

We don't need to argue and get mad over how long lasagna needs to be in the oven and how brown it currently looks. Google can tell you. Or you know, just trust that the other person knows how to cook (which they do).
I take it you are the "other person" here?

For the past 10 years, people who don't know me have always guessed my age to be right around 18 years old. Until today. Someone asked me how old I am, didn't wait for an answer, and said, "About 35, right?"

Noooooooooo!

Maybe that person is just bad at guessing. Maybe all the other people were just being generous. Maybe they just caught me on a bad day. Or...maybe my youth is over! Woe is me!

...maybe I'm over reacting and should have a bite of chocolate.
grim reaper.jpg

Welcome to middle age!!!

I dunno Deluge, but that looks like a McDonald's version of it. I recognize the texture of the "muffin" and the "canadian bacon" on it.
Question for Deluge - Is Canadian bacon just called "bacon" in Canada?

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Would you ever accept a challenge from a mime to play charades?

Or would you just throw your hands up in surrender (actually don't do that, he might think your accepting his challenge!!!).

T

Tintin

Christian, now I'm curious what Aussies call each type of nut; I remember when a lady gave a recipe for bean stew I think it was, you had to look up many of them to see which ones they really were, hehe :).

And Lynx, I'm for the "whoever buys the nuts gets to eat the good ones out of it before sharing" rule. Besides, some of us don't like Brazil nuts anyway.
I was a bit confused by what was going on since Lynx bought the jar of nuts and then ate some himself. I didn't see what the problem was. Then I discovered there were next to no Brazil nuts in the jar and I feared that his work mates would be onto him. How dare Lynx eat almost all of the Brazil nuts after buying them! How dare he!

I don't know if we give different names to nuts here. The basics are walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, peanuts, pistachio nuts - that sort of thing.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I take it you are the "other person" here?
Actually I was the annoyed bystander (kinda like an innocent bystander. Only a little more annoyed). My oldest sister was the one making it. She and someone else were arguing about how long it needed to be in there and how it looked and blah blah blah...like, seriously? You can't just trust her to know what she's doing or look it up on Google real quick? :p I mean it wasn't an all out yelling match but they were getting ticked off at one another.

Sep 6, 2013
I find it extremely funny I'm not the only one who thought Taylor Swift sang "Starbucks lovers" when I first listened to her song "Blank Space." I could have sworn she sang, "All the lonely Starbucks lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane..." when I heard it for the first time. I knew it wasn't right, but I kept hearing it. XD Oh well. Taylor Swift is weird anyhow. I've never liked her music anyway.
I have listened and listened and tried to make out what she is saying, but all I can hear is "starbucks lovers". What IS she saying???

T

Tintin

I have listened and listened and tried to make out what she is saying, but all I can hear is "starbucks lovers". What IS she saying???
Maybe she's saying, 'star-crossed lovers'. I wouldn't know, I'm not familiar with the song.

V

VioletReigns

Type the singer's name, the song title and then the word lyrics in Google search and it'll take you to some lyrics sites. It looks like she's singing, "Got a long list of ex-lovers" :p as opposed to "Starbucks lovers."

But I make up my own lyrics if I don't like a line in a song. I do that all the time. :D

T

Tintin

Type the singer's name, the song title and then the word lyrics in Google search and it'll take you to some lyrics sites. It looks like she's singing, "Got a long list of ex-lovers" :p as opposed to "Starbucks lovers."

But I make up my own lyrics if I don't like a line in a song. I do that all the time. :D
That's terribly sad, but it's Taylor Swift we're talking about. I'm not surprised.

S

Siberian_Khatru

So tired...I stayed up later than I should have to work on a laptop. New motherboard, new RAM, new SSD. I now have a much newer computer though for personal use. :cool: Now to load Windows 10 and test the waters...tomorrow.