Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

crosstweed

Haha how did you know it was tea and not coffee with creamer?!
Tea was my first guess, too. Tea has a generally redder hue than coffee when it has cream in it, and probably a more geographically common beverage where you live.

C

crosstweed

BDF does things swat style they blow people up with their heated emotional arguments and very rarely have sane rational debates.....

I sneek in to view the carnage then close the door and silently exit the bloodshed that goes on in BDF....the best way is to view the BDF by stealth....and not participate....
*Sneaks in, throws grenade, runs away laughing maniacally.*

I haven't done that in a while, actually. Hmm....

S

sealabeag

Question: Do you guys use social networks; Facebook, Twitter etc? I deleted all that stuff a few years ago but kinda feel a bit disconnected and I'm considering making Facebook again. Also, this site is a lot quieter than it used to be... What do ya think? I come here mostly for Christian "fellowship" but in BDF it's just bickering and arguments, whereas singles doesn't have a huge amount of chat about Christ and the Christian life, etc.

What should I doooo? :)

hmmmm.jpg

C

chancer

[video=youtube;rLIZ76jKoL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIZ76jKoL4[/video]

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I really want an English bulldog. Probably a mini bulldog because a regular bulldog is around 80 pounds and most landlords don't go for dogs over 50 pounds. I'll look for a rescue first, papers don't matter to me. That's just ridiculous. They're just so cute!

conroe29.jpg

english-bulldog-cute-puppy.jpg

C

crosstweed

Question: Do you guys use social networks; Facebook, Twitter etc? I deleted all that stuff a few years ago but kinda feel a bit disconnected and I'm considering making Facebook again. Also, this site is a lot quieter than it used to be... What do ya think? I come here mostly for Christian "fellowship" but in BDF it's just bickering and arguments, whereas singles doesn't have a huge amount of chat about Christ and the Christian life, etc.

View attachment 147094
I never got FB. There were a few times I felt a bit left out on some stuff by not having it, but for the most part I have no regrets about never having had one.

Especially now that we "officially know" (as if we couldn't guess) what Facebook does with its users photographs...
Facebook's new algorithm can identify you even if your face is hidden - Fortune
I have no regrets asking my friends not to post pictures with me in them on there.
How facial recognition will change shopping in stores | ExtremeTech

Short version: Facebook used people's photographs to develop an algorithm that can recognize you from almost any picture angle, and it's currently being used by malls all over the place so that when you walk into a store the security cameras immediately know who you are and whether or not you're likely to buy something/are a shoplifter who has struck in the past. Last I heard, they have flatly declined to properly secure this database of faces (you have no say as to whether or not your face is in there, btw), so basically anyone clever enough to get into the system can steal your face and whatever other info they have on you in there.

I'll pass on the Orwellian FB algorithms and facial recognition, thank you much... x)

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Yea, I don't do the FB or the Twitter or, well, anything for that matter lol This is the extent of my social networking lol I am good with the level of disconnect I have lol

C

chancer

I never got FB. There were a few times I felt a bit left out on some stuff by not having it, but for the most part I have no regrets about never having had one.

Especially now that we "officially know" (as if we couldn't guess) what Facebook does with its users photographs...
I have no regrets asking my friends not to post pictures with me in them on there.

Short version: Facebook used people's photographs to develop an algorithm that can recognize you from almost any picture angle, and it's currently being used by malls all over the place so that when you walk into a store the security cameras immediately know who you are and whether or not you're likely to buy something/are a shoplifter who has struck in the past. Last I heard, they have flatly declined to properly secure this database of faces (you have no say as to whether or not your face is in there, btw), so basically anyone clever enough to get into the system can steal your face and whatever other info they have on you in there.

I'll pass on the Orwellian FB algorithms and facial recognition, thank you much... x)
it's worth it for the FB drive bys thoooooooo

S

sealabeag

Things like that are the reason I left in the first place, and have so far prevented me from returning. And the experiments they conduct on users also (changing user content to see how they effect emotions etc.). Really creepy. Well thanks for reminding me that the world is a horrible place in which I cannot participate... lol. Well I'll hang around here in the meantime then, yous guys aren't so bad, I guess! :D

P.S. - Love 1984!

C

crosstweed

Things like that are the reason I left in the first place, and have so far prevented me from returning. And the experiments they conduct on users also (changing user content to see how they effect emotions etc.). Really creepy. Well thanks for reminding me that the world is a horrible place in which I cannot participate... lol. Well I'll hang around here in the meantime then, yous guys aren't so bad, I guess! :D

P.S. - Love 1984!
You're welcome. x)

And I actually hadn't heard about the user content part...

I have to admit... that would be a fascinating study, though...

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011

View attachment 147094

I have FB, Instagram, and I will soon have Linkedin. I used FB minimally. I mostly use it to browse a nerd group I belong to. I use IG all the time because I follow English bulldogs and some Christian groups who post scripture and encouraging stuff. I post nonsense, sarcasm, and serious stuff to my IG, but rarely personal pics.

You do what you want to do, what you need to do. I don't know how long you've been around, but this place used to really be busy. We used to chat every night for a while. That doesn't help you, I know. Either way, do what you need to do.

S

sealabeag

I have FB, Instagram, and I will soon have Linkedin. I used FB minimally. I mostly use it to browse a nerd group I belong to. I use IG all the time because I follow English bulldogs and some Christian groups who post scripture and encouraging stuff. I post nonsense, sarcasm, and serious stuff to my IG, but rarely personal pics.

You do what you want to do, what you need to do. I don't know how long you've been around, but this place used to really be busy. We used to chat every night for a while. That doesn't help you, I know. Either way, do what you need to do.
Yeah, I know. I've been around a long time, but never consistently. I remember when the lounge used to be packed all the time, with loads of new members regularly. Pity it's become so quiet. Maybe it's the fact that you have to pay to PM. I guess other social network sites are there now though, so chat sites are maybe less relevant.

S

sealabeag

Maybe they should make a Facebook page for ChristianChat or something, where people can meet and chat. I dunno if that's possible.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Maybe they should make a Facebook page for ChristianChat or something, where people can meet and chat. I dunno if that's possible.

They have one, but I left awhile ago. You have to make friends here the same way you have to anywhere else. A lot of people have left because of drama. That's one of the reasons I took a long leave of absence.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i have all the pages of all the interwebs!!!!

except twitter

and myspace

haha.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
They do yes.

---

I have FB, Instagram, Twitter, FB page, Linked in, Google + wait, I deleted that, it was a very bad attempt at google-izing Facebook, soundcloud, Youtube, bandcamp, reverbnation, myspace (added this when Melita reminded! Lol) I may have pinterest, and reddit, stumbleupon, Tumblr (which I haven't updated), wordpress.com and a self hosted wordpress website, which is why I have all the social media accounts.

I worked as a blogger for a long time and made a church blog for my former church too. As freeing as it would be to not have these, it's not that bad and it totally depends on your lifestyle. As I live in a foreign country, I very much like to see whats going on with my family and friends and ex churches, as I don't have the liberty to see them as often as I'd like. The alternative is to video call with my parents and younger siblings everyday, which I try to. If my circumstances were different, I'd enjoy the offline life as well.

Last edited:

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Had to go check if Myspace still exists! It does.
HAHA Does it really? Is it even compatible with all the OS's? (operating systems.. for those who don't know) LOL

Or does it say waiting for dial up connection? Annnnnd is Tom still your first friend you get? lol

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i had myspace a looooooong time ago. i deleted it after my 1st relationship ended cuz i had too many pics of us on there, and i didn't want to take the time to go through my albums to delete pics. lol!

i have fb, IG, soundcloud, and youtube (i rarely use).