Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
That awkward moment when a dress costs more than what I made at my job this year so far...lol.
I've never understood why women would want that kind of money spent on something that will be worn once (hopefully, anyways). Not to mention the amount of money to put a wedding together (hopefully just once, again).

M

MollyConnor

I've never understood why women would want that kind of money spent on something that will be worn once (hopefully, anyways). Not to mention the amount of money to put a wedding together (hopefully just once, again).
I have no idea! I mean if I get married I would want something nice, but not expensive. I wouldn't mind wearing a cheap dress haha. I've heard before that the more expensive the wedding is, the more likely it will end in divorce.

Jul 25, 2015
Went to Home depot to buy pavers to make a path from my porch to the back area where my fire pit is. I bought 10 because I walked it off and that was plenty. After laying the pattern I wanted it was obvious I needed 20 more. Went back to store and after laying them out I saw I needed 11 more! So my original judgement call of 10 was only off by 31 pavers! Im so bad at landscaping projects. :confused:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I used to watch yes to the dress, and i was always shocked at how much these dresses cost! Im glad i like simple dresses. This girl aint gonna spend thousands of dollars she aint got! Lol

Aug 2, 2009
What do women do with them after the wedding anyway? Do they just live in a cardboard box forever? I know some pass them down to their daughters but what if your daughter won't fit in it or you don't have a daughter? Or your daughter never gets married?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Regarding wedding dresses (and accompanying wedding expenses)... my humble opinion is that a couple should spend more time, effort and cash on the marriage than on the wedding. :)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Every time I watch say yes to the dress (which is often I admit) all I can think of is....I could buy a used car with that.... or rent a house on the beach for 4 months.... or pay a few house payments......

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Went to Home depot to buy pavers to make a path from my porch to the back area where my fire pit is. I bought 10 because I walked it off and that was plenty. After laying the pattern I wanted it was obvious I needed 20 more. Went back to store and after laying them out I saw I needed 11 more! So my original judgement call of 10 was only off by 31 pavers! Im so bad at landscaping projects. :confused:
I'm sure you are great at it - you just misjudged a leetle beet. Do we get before and after pictures?

M

MollyConnor

The fact that you're doing such a project should make you feel awesome though! I know a few men who wouldn't feel comfortable doing things like that. ;)

Jul 25, 2015
Pavers laid but now working on digging up sod under each so they are partially submerged and level. That is massively timeconsuming. But Im getting the look I want.

20160612_062209.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If I lived there I would drive you nuts because I would walk a straight-line path instead of the curved line of pavers.

If you want to turn the picture upright there are good freeware image editors. Irfanview is one I know of. You can even get it portable at portableapps.com if you want to put it on a flash drive. Simple program, easy to use.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2015
If I lived there I would drive you nuts because I would walk a straight-line path instead of the curved line of pavers.

If you want to turn the picture upright there are good freeware image editors. Irfanview is one I know of. You can even get it portable at portableapps.com if you want to put it on a flash drive. Simple program, easy to use.
Lol..if you lived here I would make you nuts by not letting you back in the house until you took shoes off since you didnt follow the path!!

May 26, 2016
What do women do with them after the wedding anyway? Do they just live in a cardboard box forever? I know some pass them down to their daughters but what if your daughter won't fit in it or you don't have a daughter? Or your daughter never gets married?
My sister painted it yellow and used it for her next party.
I had it somewhere in a box in the garage from when we moved. Then years after the divorce my ex cleaned his house up. He called: do you want that dress?
LOL no thanks, throw it in the trash can. Not even gonna sell it. That's not a nice idea for a happy new bride LOL.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Meanwhile in the other side of the world, this just happened...

Pic1.jpg

Waffles with whipped cream, maple syrup and mangoes.