Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

?? You making fun of me?
I think you'll find if you try to single out women to talk to with the purpose of dating, you won't get far on this site. Many of the women on this site find that a rather distasteful approach and use of this site. Not to mention just selecting a woman at random doesn't exactly show an interest in her, but rather an interest in finding someone, and since they are around, they'll do. You'd be better off just joining in the discussions than going so blatantly on the prowl as many here will not respond to that.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I'll make sure she also gives you her number.

Get it, Cinder. GET IT.
It was just you and your mad stalker skills I was worried about.

Cinder - u INTJ EH? want to communicate a bit via email or some such?
Let's see INTJ's are usually very intelligent people who "prefer asynchronous and semi-anonymous forms of communication". Many of them also hate the whole meeting new people thing. And it's just not very intelligent or comfortable to give a complete stranger on the internet personal contact information. But if you really want to talk to an INTJ I hear wisebeardman is one as well. Good luck there.

Aug 2, 2009
I just watched a tear-jerker "The Intern" and I absolutely loved it. If you're in for a feels trip, you'll probably like it.

"70-year-old widower Ben Whittaker (De Niro) has discovered that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site, founded and run by Jules Ostin (Hathaway)."
I saw that. It was a cute movie :) Made me a big fan of Anne Hathaway.

I think the movie tries to show how different the older generations' world was compared to the current generation. When I was growing up, nobody owned a computer, most women were stay-at-home moms, families only had one car and one television, everything was done manually. If you wanted to heat up leftovers you had to grab a pan and heat it on the stove and make sure you don't burn it. If you wanted to call someone they had to be at home because there were no answering machines yet.

People worked hard too. Even if you worked in an office you had to either use a typewriter or pencil and paper and you can't go back and fix typos or edit what you wrote on a typewriter unless you want a nice blob of white goo (white-out) to show on your page.. you had to start over.

Aug 2, 2009
I saw that. It was a cute movie :) Made me a big fan of Anne Hathaway.

I think the movie tries to show how different the older generations' world was compared to the current generation. When I was growing up, nobody owned a computer, most women were stay-at-home moms, families only had one car and one television, everything was done manually. If you wanted to heat up leftovers you had to grab a pan and heat it on the stove and make sure you don't burn it. If you wanted to call someone they had to be at home because there were no answering machines yet.

People worked hard too. Even if you worked in an office you had to either use a typewriter or pencil and paper and you can't go back and fix typos or edit what you wrote on a typewriter unless you want a nice blob of white goo (white-out) to show on your page.. you had to start over.
...and I forgot the most important thing... back then people were all about developing good character. That's why Robert De niro puts on a nice suit and tie, gets up at the same time early in the morning even though he has no reason to, etc... These days people seem more focused on doing whatever feels good and on keeping up with the jones'es....

Last edited:
A

AuntieAnt

*Hmmmm..... only 48 more comments until 50K posts!*

M

MollyConnor

90s.jpg

Jealous? You should be! :p

and then come December you'd be complaining how cold it is and how much you want to go to Texas.

I LOVE cold weather! I wouldn't complain about it.

Last edited:

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Today has been so mellow. Swam with my Daughter walked the dog a couple of times, went to Menchies Frozen yogurt place and did laundry. It's also been cooler so we didn't swelter in the heat. Oh and I did pay my car insurance.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

A

AuntieAnt

C'mon, CC people!!! Let's get this thread rollin' along and hit the 50K mark!

posts.gif

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I have nothing relevant to say just posting for numbers.