Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I must be having a bout of personal growth or something. Recently, I have found myself wanting to reply to threads here at CC, and I'll type them out...and then I delete them and exit the thread. It's the realization that I have nothing nice to say about, well, anything...and the realization that everyone around here already knows that about me so I choose not to keep waving that banner in everyone's face. I'll never be a happy person, or a positive person, but I guess I don't need to keep driving that point home.

"Never" is a long time. Who but God knows how you will grow and develop in His will over the next five years, and the rest of your life?

Friendly suggestion: don't limit God by saying "never". :D

Just a thought.

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Yes, I can vouch for this! :D
Good, now nobody thinks I'm crazy. This is also a big reason those rep points aren't sky-high right now, lol. I don't even remember how many I had on BlueAngel.
I'm pretty sure everyone thought that had something to do with the airplanes. I had no idea about the airplanes until I had that username.

Last night I decided to make my facebook a politics-free zone! :) (even though no one even looks at my facebook :p)
I'd read your facebook, if we were friends there. Truth is, I'm probably friends with a total of 2 people from CC.

Right now, my stream of consciousness is not flowing correctly. I think I need more sleep... No... I know it. That's not going to happen though. I feel very much like a grumpy bear that just got woken up too soon, from hibernation. Which is probably the most accurate description for anything I do, is bear-ish. I told my husband, before we were married, that if I get woken up, I act like a grumpy bear. He was warned.
I had a Native American experience, once, and found out that my spirit animal is a grizzly bear. I'm pretty sure my totem name is Mother Bear, which totally makes sense to me the more I think about it. I didn't really like bears before that, but now it's a toss up between a bear and a wolf, for my favorite animal. Bears are cool.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The place where I live happens to be about 80% Christian... it's a Bible college town. So at this point I look outside and have to wonder, "Okay, who prayed for snow?" :/

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
I'm completely content. Sitting at the park on a brisk fall day yoga pants and a hoodie for attire with coffee in my hand. I'm at a high level of comfort at the moment. It's amazing that I'm getting paid right now. As hard as my job is, it definitely has it's perks.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And you get paid for this? Where do you work and are they hiring?

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Wow, Roh you're always visiting new places. That's cool! Do you travel for fun or for work?
Thank you, Molly! :)
I travel for both, fun and work. Even when I travel for work, I have been lucky to get 1-2 days of personal leave to explore the city. :)

Here are some pictures. :)

P_20161003_124521.jpg
This is the Old Cathedral in Brescia. The oldest document regarding this church dates to 11th Century AD.

P_20161003_125433.jpg
At the Roman Amphitheater in Brescia, with my colleagues. Do I look like a security agent? :rolleyes:

P_20161003_210212.jpg
The Milan Cathedral. This cathedral took nearly 600 years to complete. It is still a running joke and people in Milan call any project that is indefinitely delayed as "just like the Cathedral".

P_20161003_212538.jpg
When in Milan, do as the Milanesi do. This is Aperol Spritz, the most famous and indigenous alcoholic beverage in Milan.

P_20161006_094256.jpg
No prizes for guessing which building this is. :p

P_20161006_105002_PS.jpg
The interiors of the most "touristy" building in Rome. The door on the opposite end is the one through which the gladiators were let in, and the one below me (not visible in the picture) is the one through which the dead were carried out.

P_20161006_145206_1_p.jpg
Looooook what I found in an alley! A shop that made Pinocchio! Not sure if it is the original shop though.. :rolleyes:

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
P_20161007_090833_1_LL_p.jpg
A real mummy from the Vatican Museum. Question for Tintin or anyone well-versed in Christian history - why is the Vatican deeply connected with Egyptian history? It is said that some Egyptian architectural designs were also included in the construction of the Sistine Chapel. Is this true? Why did they include a pagan culture into a Christian building?

P_20161007_091920_1_p.jpg
One of the paintings on the ceiling of the corridors in Vatican Museum. Fun fact - Michelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, but you are not allowed to take any pictures of the ceiling. There are various theories to explain this bizarre restriction.

P_20161007_100506_1_p.jpg
The obelisk which marks the spot where Peter is believed to have been crucified.

P_20161007_124048_1_p.jpg
Villa of the Quintili. In my opinion, the most scenic archaeological site in Rome.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Aww man.. some of the pictures in my first post are not visible. Can the mods help? :(

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
And you get paid for this? Where do you work and are they hiring?
I work with developmentally disabled men and yes we are hiring...in about a month or two. ;)

It might be a bit of a commute for you and I would be your boss...so..

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
When you get an incoming fiend request and you've never seen them in a forum or in chat and you wonder who they are and where they've seen you... o_O

Aug 2, 2009
The place where I live happens to be about 80% Christian... it's a Bible college town. So at this point I look outside and have to wonder, "Okay, who prayed for snow?" :/
It's barely october! :eek: Tell the snow to go home and come back next month. :rolleyes:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I work with developmentally disabled men and yes we are hiring...in about a month or two. ;)

It might be a bit of a commute for you and I would be your boss...so..
Commute is fine. My sister used to work with "developmentally disabled" people, and my aunt is activities director at a nursing home, so I'm used to that.

The boss thing though... >.>

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
Commute is fine. My sister used to work with "developmentally disabled" people, and my aunt is activities director at a nursing home, so I'm used to that.

The boss thing though... >.>
Haha...not liking that boss idea eh? ;)

M

MollyConnor

Really cool pics! Thanks for sharing, Roh!

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
When you get an incoming fiend request and you've never seen them in a forum or in chat and you wonder who they are and where they've seen you... o_O
I snoop around their profile a bit to see if I can figure out why they might want to be friends with me and if I return the sentiment, but most of the time I turn down the friend request. They can always ask again later if they really want to be my friend.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Chris Roh those pictures are incredible! I know you love ice cream so I hope you're eating Gelato while you're there. So much better than ice cream in my opinion.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Okay so Gelato is Italian ice cream but I like the texture better and it seems more flavorful to me.