Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
I bought some custard (together with all the potato stuff) today, and was thinking to try fishfingers and custard. On second thought..... perhaps ketchup would do?
NO! Not ketchup. Ketchup is a culinary cop-out!

batman ketchup.jpg

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Trying to create some decent looking graphics for my article is proving very frustrating. I don't have Adobe Illustrator or any other paid software to do it, and what I've been able to cobble together so far makes me think "blech!".

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
And that place is bad for the soul. :p Nope nope nope nope.
Haha. It's like a gym you know, where we can "exercise" our faith.

I've worked out so much now I'm sore all over.

Seriously, though, I learned some important biblical and practical stuff on there that are worth checking out. But yeah in exchange for quite a lot... time, patience and ginger tea.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
How sad is it when you can't get a job at Wal-Mart?

I was thinking how much Wal-Mart electronics departments need a nerd, and I have afternoons and evenings free, so... I tried an online application. At the end of the questionnaire part it notified me that I had "completed but not passed" the evaluation.

Great. Even Wal-Mart won't hire me. I mean no great loss, it was going to be a second job anyway, but... that's just sad.

I need a slice of chocolate pie. Back in a bit.
Last week I read all the articles from my favourite online magazine.

I wrote them an email expressing my fondness and appreciation and offered to guest write for them (for free) since they obviously needed bloggers.

I did not get a reply. Not even an automated acknowledgement!

I say to both Walmart and this online magazine: their loss.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I have this app that I use to track some daily activities that I wish to not forget. I have 7 tasks listed including bible study. I look at it now and in the last 3 days, not one is checked. What have I been doing ugh. This is the thing I hate the most about working graveyard shift.

Having to work 8am-8pm today and 8PM-8AM tomorrow is not good for my skin and my brain and my everything. But I can't really complain because this job pays the bills and my school tuition. Unfortunately, with the nature of my job, I cannot work regular office hours unless I finish college.

Kids, don't quit school.

Aug 2, 2009
I have this app that I use to track some daily activities that I wish to not forget. I have 7 tasks listed including bible study. I look at it now and in the last 3 days, not one is checked. What have I been doing ugh. This is the thing I hate the most about working graveyard shift.

Having to work 8am-8pm today and 8PM-8AM tomorrow is not good for my skin and my brain and my everything. But I can't really complain because this job pays the bills and my school tuition. Unfortunately, with the nature of my job, I cannot work regular office hours unless I finish college.

Kids, don't quit school.
You're working 24 hours straight???!!! :eek:

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
You're working 24 hours straight???!!! :eek:
Naw, 8PM-8AM is on the next day. I'll just have to re-adjust my body clock for 4 days (that's how long I'm on graveyard shift) then I'm back to 8AM-8PM shift again, yet another re-adjusting...

My stomach grumbles a lot because I feed it on odd hours lol.

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
As I consider posting...

exulansis

n. the tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it—whether through envy or pity or simple foreignness—which allows it to drift away from the rest of your life story, until the memory itself feels out of place, almost mythical, wandering restlessly in the fog, no longer even looking for a place to land.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

As I consider posting...

exulansis

n. the tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it—whether through envy or pity or simple foreignness—which allows it to drift away from the rest of your life story, until the memory itself feels out of place, almost mythical, wandering restlessly in the fog, no longer even looking for a place to land.
Cool. I learned a new word.

Aug 2, 2009
Cool. I learned a new word.
I wouldn't get too excited since its not a real word. You won't find it in merriam or webster's dictionary....

And if you'll notice, whoever made it up erroneously chose a noun (it ends in the suffix "-sis", like catharsis or thesis), but by its own definition its a verb.... (like cathart or theorize)

Last edited:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
NO! Not ketchup. Ketchup is a culinary cop-out!

View attachment 174398
AMEN! Preach it brotha! Ketchup is what lazy people use.

Four things a true gourmet hates: Iceberg lettuce, too much salt instead of proper seasoning, tomatoes in winter (God never intended tomatoes to be chewy!) and ketchup.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Trying to create some decent looking graphics for my article is proving very frustrating. I don't have Adobe Illustrator or any other paid software to do it, and what I've been able to cobble together so far makes me think "blech!".

Have you tried Gimp or Blender or Daz3D. All are free and very advanced.

T

toinena

AMEN! Preach it brotha! Ketchup is what lazy people use.

Four things a true gourmet hates: Iceberg lettuce, too much salt instead of proper seasoning, tomatoes in winter (God never intended tomatoes to be chewy!) and ketchup.
Actually I am surprised. I thought you would react on the thought of (and it is a Dr Who reference) custard and fish fingers, and instead you got a hangup on ketchup. You strange people. *shrugs*

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It depends on the kind of custard and the kind of fish fingers. Is the custard made from flour, egg, milk, sugar, butter... or is it instant "pudding" that is not really pudding? Are the fish sticks made from strips of real fish... or is it minced fish (which has scales and fins and all kinds of things thrown into the blender) that is formed into sticks and breaded?

But with ketchup there is no good quality. There is only sweet and tart and wet. Ketchup is what people use when they don't want to actually think about food, they just want to throw something on it and eat it fast and get on with watching their sitcom.

T

toinena

It depends on the kind of custard and the kind of fish fingers. Is the custard made from flour, egg, milk, sugar, butter... or is it instant "pudding" that is not really pudding? Are the fish sticks made from strips of real fish... or is it minced fish (which has scales and fins and all kinds of things thrown into the blender) that is formed into sticks and breaded?

But with ketchup there is no good quality. There is only sweet and tart and wet. Ketchup is what people use when they don't want to actually think about food, they just want to throw something on it and eat it fast and get on with watching their sitcom.
We are talking ready made fishfingers from the freezer, ready made pudding like custard. And how can you show disrespect to ketchup when you are working in a certain fast food chain.. or perhaps there is a conspiracy behind the ketchup that only the insiders know about?????

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The certain fast food factory was not built on ketchup. If ketchup disappeared forever the certain fast food factory wouldn't miss a beat.

T

toinena

The certain fast food factory was not built on ketchup. If ketchup disappeared forever the certain fast food factory wouldn't miss a beat.
Come on! Give me just a small conspiration here. I guess there is nothing as innocent as a hamburger. Or is it?

H

heartofdavid

6 or 8 buzzards are perched on a rotting corpse ,possibly a deer.

One says "whew weeeeee ,how long has this thing been dead"?

Another chides in "Too long,but thank heavens for ketchup"