Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Dead chicken tastes nice. We had it for Sunday lunch. 🐥
Unless chicken is fried, it's just another vegetable.
You haven't tried my chicken ala king yet, my kids and grandkids rave over it. This batch got a little overdone though!

green-yes-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

Aug 2, 2009
You haven't tried my chicken ala king yet, my kids and grandkids rave over it. This batch got a little overdone though!

View attachment 184122

OMGosh Deade!!! I can not believe you mentioned Chicken ALA King!!!! I have been thinking about it for the last two weeks or so and have not thought about it since grade school where they sometimes served it in our cafeteria.... and I have NEVER heard it mentioned since. This is sooooo weird!! :eek:

M

MissCris

So there I was, hauling buckets of gravel from one end of the driveway to the other to fill a giant hole, minding my own business, when I heard the sound of something metal crash against concrete followed by a snort. I set down the buckets and looked around until movement on my neighbor's back porch caught my eye.

Two donkeys, one with the flap of a cardboard box in its mouth and the other with its nose against a metal stool, standing on the porch, rooting around.

This is the kind of thing you can't really just notice and then carry on with your day, so I watched them for a few minutes. The one ended up pushing the stool off the porch completely before locating a red Solo cup and picking it up in its teeth. The other got bored with the box and flung it to the side before shoving the other donkey out of the way in order to turn all the way around several times.

This particular neighbor hasn't been home in months. The place looks abandoned, though I think once in a while his mother goes over to check on things. The back yard is fenced, and nobody around here keeps donkeys, so I'm really not sure where the donkeys came from or when they got there, but somebody must have dropped them off.

I've been trying to get a hold of the mom, to at least let someone know that the donkeys are destroying things, but I'm having to go through a pretty long list of people who might have this lady's number, and so far no luck. My next move will be to go to the store here and ask if anyone knows how to contact her or her son.

Though...I get the distinct impression that nobody is going to care much. The same neighbor had a goat a couple years back that screamed all day for weeks until one day, it was just gone.

Maybe I should just ignore it. But...I dunno, I'd want to know if mysterious donkeys were acting like hooligans on my porch. :unsure:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
So there I was, hauling buckets of gravel from one end of the driveway to the other to fill a giant hole, minding my own business, when I heard the sound of something metal crash against concrete followed by a snort. I set down the buckets and looked around until movement on my neighbor's back porch caught my eye.

Two donkeys, one with the flap of a cardboard box in its mouth and the other with its nose against a metal stool, standing on the porch, rooting around.

This is the kind of thing you can't really just notice and then carry on with your day, so I watched them for a few minutes. The one ended up pushing the stool off the porch completely before locating a red Solo cup and picking it up in its teeth. The other got bored with the box and flung it to the side before shoving the other donkey out of the way in order to turn all the way around several times.

This particular neighbor hasn't been home in months. The place looks abandoned, though I think once in a while his mother goes over to check on things. The back yard is fenced, and nobody around here keeps donkeys, so I'm really not sure where the donkeys came from or when they got there, but somebody must have dropped them off.

I've been trying to get a hold of the mom, to at least let someone know that the donkeys are destroying things, but I'm having to go through a pretty long list of people who might have this lady's number, and so far no luck. My next move will be to go to the store here and ask if anyone knows how to contact her or her son.

Though...I get the distinct impression that nobody is going to care much. The same neighbor had a goat a couple years back that screamed all day for weeks until one day, it was just gone.

Maybe I should just ignore it. But...I dunno, I'd want to know if mysterious donkeys were acting like hooligans on my porch. :unsure:
Contact your jurisdictions animal control department.

L

LittleMermaid

Does anyone else love this movie as much as I do? :love: And that scene...it's awesome!

Jul 7, 2014
When I am around people I want to talk to them but when food shows up I want to grab a bite and hide.

Also I have not seen that movie.

M

MissCris

My daughter has to have the corrective surgery on her eyes. My lab results came back abnormal. I just ate four salted caramel dark chocolate truffles. I’m pretty sure all of this is just part of some crazy dream I’m having of someone else’s life. The judgmental deer, the goat lady, the chickens, the six month separation, the losses, the trips to doctors, the candy store three towns over...nothing seems real today.

I’d say I just need a nap, but then I’d wake up and it would all be real again, and I’m entirely unprepared for that.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That is something you can say for exhaustion. It makes reality less real.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
So, I guess it might be time for a cinder update just in case anyone has been wondering:

Life is going fairly well, I guess. My job is mostly pretty good and I've got great bosses and pretty good co-workers which helps. There have been a lot of promotions over the past year and my bosses are planning to promote me sometime between now and the end of the year to be the second in a new position they've created and are hoping to grow into a new department.

Because of job i was just able to buy a new to me car. I'm discovering that I like little cars, but I'm starting to get too big for them. After much thought I went ahead and made the decision to get the small car and let it be a part of my weight loss motivation plan. Not sure how well that's working yet or not.

Beyond that I'm off to hawaii (not the volcano island) next week because I found out one of my friends was living there and is willing to let me have free couch space and drive me to all the good hiking and snorkeling with turtles spots, which makes the trip affordable.

Other than that I've joined a book group with the Library that meets monthly, split way too much of my time between TV and board/card games that can be played solo (the number of solo games I've played of Terraforming Mars since the beginning of the year is something I refuse to disclose (because I've lost count). I even occasionally clean the apartment. Oh and I'm trying to figure out how old I have to be before I officially consider myself old. 40 just doesn't seem that far away anymore, I'm almost 90% there.

Aug 2, 2009
So, I guess it might be time for a cinder update just in case anyone has been wondering:

Life is going fairly well, I guess. My job is mostly pretty good and I've got great bosses and pretty good co-workers which helps. There have been a lot of promotions over the past year and my bosses are planning to promote me sometime between now and the end of the year to be the second in a new position they've created and are hoping to grow into a new department.

Because of job i was just able to buy a new to me car. I'm discovering that I like little cars, but I'm starting to get too big for them. After much thought I went ahead and made the decision to get the small car and let it be a part of my weight loss motivation plan. Not sure how well that's working yet or not.

Beyond that I'm off to hawaii (not the volcano island) next week because I found out one of my friends was living there and is willing to let me have free couch space and drive me to all the good hiking and snorkeling with turtles spots, which makes the trip affordable.

Other than that I've joined a book group with the Library that meets monthly, split way too much of my time between TV and board/card games that can be played solo (the number of solo games I've played of Terraforming Mars since the beginning of the year is something I refuse to disclose (because I've lost count). I even occasionally clean the apartment. Oh and I'm trying to figure out how old I have to be before I officially consider myself old. 40 just doesn't seem that far away anymore, I'm almost 90% there.
Good choice regarding the small car. I drove small cars all my life but then I bought a large roomy one and it wasn't too long before I "grew into it"...

And I'm so jealous that you get to go to Hawaii! :D I really miss it. Hope you have a great time! :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Howdy y'all.

Presta valves suck rotten eggs.

SCHRADER FOREVER!!!

That is all.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I had to let Google be my friend since I wasn't familiar with what a Presta valve was. It looks like you would have to carry some form of adapter in order to use a standard air chuck on a Presta valve.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I had to let Google be my friend since I wasn't familiar with what a Presta valve was. It looks like you would have to carry some form of adapter in order to use a standard air chuck on a Presta valve.
That adapter is called a presta chango, right?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No, it looks like I'll have to order inner tubes from amazon instead of getting them at Wal-Mart. What biker wants to carry adapters around just to air up a tire?