Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
aahh that explains everything (new avatar & mysterious)... the key word being 'mostly' - right ;)?
New avatar's been around for at least a couple weeks, in internet time that's practically ancient. And mostly just means that no one is required or expected to provide a good answer but humorous answers or the unlikely occurence of a guy who might do that and be inclined to post a lot on internet forums to share such insight are welcome.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
When you receive a 2 line e-mail from a guy you used to be close to but haven't had any contact with for 3 years, what's a girl supposed to think? (yes that's mostly rhetorical)
If a guy reaches out to a girl that he knew and was close to from the past:
and out of the blue he sends her a seemingly friendly "Happy Thanksgiving" shout-out...
The girl is supposed to be flattered that he was thinking of her...
But she should also be guarded, BC the holidays are upon us - and he's probably lonely...
on the other hand - if she is on his mind, while he is lonely - he could very well be thinking of the infamous "one(s) that got away"...
So a girl should be asking herself: 'do you feel luck, do ya?"
But you should also be wondering: 'hmm am I the only one that got away? and What happened to the ones that preceded me that didn't get away? lol...

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well, I finally did that thing that under no circumstances are you ever supposed to do. I went to the store and bought something for myself that was on my Christmas list even though it's only 11 days to Christmas. But these new pajama pants are so comfy, I find it hard to feel bad about buying them.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Well, I finally did that thing that under no circumstances are you ever supposed to do. I went to the store and bought something for myself that was on my Christmas list even though it's only 11 days to Christmas. But these new pajama pants are so comfy, I find it hard to feel bad about buying them.
Guilty... while I rarely shop for myself - I love christmas too much not to ensure at least a little guilty pleasure over christmas... Last year was the first time that I dared to even wrap a couple presents for myself; which turned out to strike the right balance for x-mas morning cheer... Was better than the alternative...
BTW new PJ's for x-mas are a key part of our family tradition of staying in our PJs all day spending some quality time together...
This year will be tough - as the kids are going to spend the day with their mother's family (cousins) after they open their presents x-mas mornning with me...

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I cut my fantasy football leagues down to 3 this year. I usually do 7-8. I'm in a couple of Dynasty leagues. I manage an IDP league in its 6th year.

I've made the semifinals in all 3 of my leagues this year. And while it's true that nobody other than you cares about your fantasy team, based on my success and obvious management skills, if any struggling NFL team needs help, call me. Let's get that Lombardi Trophy.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
I cut my fantasy football leagues down to 3 this year. I usually do 7-8. I'm in a couple of Dynasty leagues. I manage an IDP league in its 6th year.

I've made the semifinals in all 3 of my leagues this year. And while it's true that nobody other than you cares about your fantasy team, based on my success and obvious management skills, if any struggling NFL team needs help, call me. Let's get that Lombardi Trophy.
I'm in seven this year myself. Two are buy-ins and five aren't. I'm in the semis in all five non buy-in leagues, and didn't make the playoffs in the two buy-ins, haha. I'm thinking about writing a book called "How to Win at Fantasy Football and Still Lose Money."

But for the record, one of the buy-ins is an auction league, and the other has a bunch of crazy rules. Only five bench spots, position limit of 5 on RB's and WR's (those aren't too crazy), and then it uses FAAB, but the really crazy rule is that there is no waiver period. You have to wait until the next day to pick up a player regardless of the day, meaning that you have to use part of your FAAB every single time you pick up a player, and if it's Sunday morning after 11am, you can't pick anyone up for that day's games. So if two of your WR's are on bye, and you only had two others on your roster, and one of them gets injured, then you're stuck. Also, it takes 3 days for a trade to clear, so if you trade on Thursday night, it won't actually go through until after that weekend's games are complete. So anyways, definitely not doing that league again next year unless some changes are made.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I'm in seven this year myself. Two are buy-ins and five aren't. I'm in the semis in all five non buy-in leagues, and didn't make the playoffs in the two buy-ins, haha. I'm thinking about writing a book called "How to Win at Fantasy Football and Still Lose Money."

But for the record, one of the buy-ins is an auction league, and the other has a bunch of crazy rules. Only five bench spots, position limit of 5 on RB's and WR's (those aren't too crazy), and then it uses FAAB, but the really crazy rule is that there is no waiver period. You have to wait until the next day to pick up a player regardless of the day, meaning that you have to use part of your FAAB every single time you pick up a player, and if it's Sunday morning after 11am, you can't pick anyone up for that day's games. So if two of your WR's are on bye, and you only had two others on your roster, and one of them gets injured, then you're stuck. Also, it takes 3 days for a trade to clear, so if you trade on Thursday night, it won't actually go through until after that weekend's games are complete. So anyways, definitely not doing that league again next year unless some changes are made.
Haha that's the way it goes, right? I've done a couple of leagues like that in the past and yeah, it's definitely not ideal. FAAB isn't really my thing, but those trade rules would drive me nuts lol. In the league I manage, I usually push them through pretty quickly if they're fair trades. Good luck in in your Semis!

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
Haha that's the way it goes, right? I've done a couple of leagues like that in the past and yeah, it's definitely not ideal. FAAB isn't really my thing, but those trade rules would drive me nuts lol. In the league I manage, I usually push them through pretty quickly if they're fair trades. Good luck in in your Semis!
Yeah, I'm not a fan of FAAB either. Good luck in yours as well! I am officially through to the championship in one league, am up by a decent amount in two others, and am a little behind in the last two. I need Kamara to score 6 non-PPR points more than Wil Lutz, and I need 11.4 PPR points from Michael Thomas to win those two.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
When your so busy juggling so many things and you can't find the remote control, and when you finally find it in the refrigerator with the lunch meat and cheese - you ask yourself: did I even make a sandwich today?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
The cookie (and other dessert) making marathon has begun. The cookie eating marathon (which seems to pull a whole lot more participation) isn't scheduled to start for a few days, but I may have to get practice run or two in.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
cinder: Tell me about it! Tomorrow I am - yet again - making sourdough bread on my day off. I already gave 29 loaves to friends at church, 10 loaves to a bake sale raising money for a friend, 10 loaves to a bake sale raising money for nursing home resident christmas gifts (my aunt is activity director there) 6 loaves went with my dad when he came down to visit... and now I need some bread for a few people at work. Sourdough bread is my go-to christmas gift, but this year I seem to be moving a lot of it.

Maybe next year I'll just get a bunch of small gift certificates to a local bakery or something...

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
cinder: Tell me about it! Tomorrow I am - yet again - making sourdough bread on my day off. I already gave 29 loaves to friends at church, 10 loaves to a bake sale raising money for a friend, 10 loaves to a bake sale raising money for nursing home resident christmas gifts (my aunt is activity director there) 6 loaves went with my dad when he came down to visit... and now I need some bread for a few people at work. Sourdough bread is my go-to christmas gift, but this year I seem to be moving a lot of it.

Maybe next year I'll just get a bunch of small gift certificates to a local bakery or something...
Be sure you give your dough time to ferment. I eat too much bread now. If I started baking my own, I might just get fat. :rolleyes:

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
What's normal anyways...
And how come nobody tells us how abnormal life really is for normal people...
I think there is a lot their not telling us, and they don't want us to know.
But that's probably giving them way too much credit for knowing anything about what's unusual...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So... Solemateleft, ole buddy, what you are saying is... "normal" is a fabrication, an illusion people project, and there really is NO SUCH THING as normal?

That's... that's just not normal! o_O

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Parents try to warn us...
Evidently, there are things 'doctors don't want us to know'...
And our kids think that they know everything...
But they really won't know, until they experience it themselves...
What a vicious cycle...

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015

I did two. A 2 seed and a 4 seed. Kareem Hunt, I hate you so very much. Both teams lost in the first round. I'm winning the consolation round though with my 2 seed.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”
🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Being alone is a power that very few people can handle. Lord, I thank you for bringing all my kids home safely for Christmas. I pray for strength when they depart on Christmas day after opening their presents to spend the day with their mother...