Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Some things don't have to be somebody's fault. Sometimes things just happen and you don't have to find somebody to blame for them.

That doesn't seem to stop some people though. They will figure out who is to blame whether they really are to blame or not.

I have never understood this, but part of me thinks I should be glad I don't understand it and just get on with my life.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hey, my virtual friends :)

I might have Covid. Please pray that the test comes back negative.
I got past covid a few weeks ago. As well as a few family members. I was the only one hospitalized, but not due to severe symptoms, but I have pre-existing health conditions. And I also had pneumonia at the same time. But my symptoms were quite mild. My family members seemed hit a little harder, but no one else was hospitalized. And all came out of it ok.
So while it is scary, plenty of people have also had mild symptoms. Which makes it a little less scary.
Either way I hope it goes well for you.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah my parents just got Covid too, but I guess Mom is officially over it as she tested negative on Sunday and we expect Dad will be over it soon as well. They're still tired but they also say it felt mostly like a really bad cold and they slept alot.

For what it's worth this is a good site with some prevention and early treatment protocols / supplements to take as well as other protocols. https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/ lots of information.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
I got past covid a few weeks ago. As well as a few family members. I was the only one hospitalized, but not due to severe symptoms, but I have pre-existing health conditions. And I also had pneumonia at the same time. But my symptoms were quite mild. My family members seemed hit a little harder, but no one else was hospitalized. And all came out of it ok.
So while it is scary, plenty of people have also had mild symptoms. Which makes it a little less scary.
Either way I hope it goes well for you.
Say, Sub, if I may ask you: you said you were hospitalized but the symptoms were mild. If they were mild, why were you hospitalized? Was it just for precautions, or was it maybe to get some "pre-treatment" that you could only get in the hospital?

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Some things don't have to be somebody's fault. Sometimes things just happen and you don't have to find somebody to blame for them.

That doesn't seem to stop some people though. They will figure out who is to blame whether they really are to blame or not.

I have never understood this, but part of me thinks I should be glad I don't understand it and just get on with my life.
Were you referring to the pic/message from the prior post?

Anyway, I know what you mean. I think lots of things, especially things that currently seem negative, just happen in due course of this temporal/physical world... as opposed to anyone, human or divine, intending them to happen or being reasonably negligent. I think I know one person who tends to want to find someone to blame everything that happens. Also, I don't believe in the motto 'everything happens for a reason'... that is when they mean there was a conscious decision behind absolutely everything that happens.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Were you referring to the pic/message from the prior post?

Anyway, I know what you mean. I think lots of things, especially things that currently seem negative, just happen in due course of this temporal/physical world... as opposed to anyone, human or divine, intending them to happen or being reasonably negligent. I think I know one person who tends to want to find someone to blame everything that happens. Also, I don't believe in the motto 'everything happens for a reason'... that is when they mean there was a conscious decision behind absolutely everything that happens.
Nah, I wasn't getting that deep. I was just complaining about people who have to find somebody to blame whenever bad things happen.

It's like they are blame ninjas. No matter what happens, they WILL find some way to blame it on somebody. I think it makes them feel better when they can say it is somebody's fault. Either that or it's a defense reflex to avoid being blamed for it themselves. Maybe both.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Say, Sub, if I may ask you: you said you were hospitalized but the symptoms were mild. If they were mild, why were you hospitalized? Was it just for precautions, or was it maybe to get some "pre-treatment" that you could only get in the hospital?
I had a kidney transplant years back. Typically any serious enough illness prompts them to hospitalized me to watch my kidney function.
Also I take immunosuppresants for my kidney which makes recovery more difficult for me. So another reason for hospitalization.
They also said I had pneumonia on top of the covid.

I was hospitalized 2 other times before covid. So that's 3 hospitalizations in 2 months.