Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Other people with Windows 10 have the Miracast driver funtioning on their PC's while my Windows 10 does not have it. I hve looked for it to download and install in order to "mirror" my monitor on my Smart TV, but to no avail.

I am thinking it could be because my OS is Spanish though most all of my programs are in English, and perhaps it would work were I to have something at preseent uknown to me.

Help...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Did you know?

Seg.jpg

The image here is teh castle after which the castle in the original Disneyland and on the intro of the original Disney Presents is taken.

It is a castle that actually exists and teh photo is it. It is the castle of Segovia in Spain.....It is almost a fantasy.

NewStuff17

Dec 30, 2017
Did you know?

The image here is teh castle after which the castle in the original Disneyland and on the intro of the original Disney Presents is taken.

It is a castle that actually exists and teh photo is it. It is the castle of Segovia in Spain.....It is almost a fantasy.
It's beautiful.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Jack & Deade - enjoyed reading your testimonies. We need more of those in here :)

J

joefizz

Another one of the flower brethren is in new members forum.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Did you know?

I've always wanted to live in a castle. That one would suit me perfectly :D

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
armorofGod.jpg

A quick visual reminder
for myself and for all.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Reviewing that armour of God and we realize It is ALL Jesus Christ, amen.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
EarnestQ, if you are around. I resolved the wifi connection for videos, photos, and music, but I do not know nor have a clue as to how to get a mirror of my PC monitor on my TV screen. The TV is a "smart" TV, and the platform of my PC is the up-to-date version of W10.

If EQ does not hear me, anyone? Thanks and God bless you.

I have been away from may computer for a few days so didn't get your message until now.

My guess is that you need dual video outputs on your computer. Some video cards may have these. Otherwise, if I am correct, you will need to buy a second video card for your computer.

It may be possible that there are devices that split a video signal into two. I would check newegg.com to see if they had anything. You might also try ebay. I speculate that it exists, but I am not sure what it is called.

I don't know which way would be the cheapest, but I would lean toward a second card if you can comfortably afford it.

Good luck.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks EQ. I did find what I believe is the "fix" I need by trial and error. There is something called Miracast which I assumed was a driver missing from my Windows 10 platform.

Later, I was given to understand that Miracast is supposed to be a part of my Smart TV, Samsung, but my Smart TV is about seven years old, so I guess it did not come with it. AT least when I go throught th esteps of installation, I get the message it does not.

Now I do have the connection for watching any videos I have on my PC or photos and music. I wanted to be able to read documents liek pdf's and the like, but I will continue reading them here enlarge going off screen and moving things about a lot. It works but it does get a bit tedious.

Thank you for you kindness always. All blessing in Jesus crhist..j

I have been away from may computer for a few days so didn't get your message until now.

My guess is that you need dual video outputs on your computer. Some video cards may have these. Otherwise, if I am correct, you will need to buy a second video card for your computer.

It may be possible that there are devices that split a video signal into two. I would check newegg.com to see if they had anything. You might also try ebay. I speculate that it exists, but I am not sure what it is called.

I don't know which way would be the cheapest, but I would lean toward a second card if you can comfortably afford it.

Good luck.

Feb 28, 2016
fantasy is definitely NOT our thing - what ever they look like or whatever one perceives them to be -
worldly castles are false castles, there is only ONE CASTLE that we are awaiting to come home to..

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
fantasy is definitely NOT our thing - what ever they look like or whatever one perceives them to be -
worldly castles are false castles, there is only ONE CASTLE that we are awaiting to come home to..
To add.... in the past it was a dream of mine to restore an old castle to live in, but no longer. We don't store up treasures down here on earth. We're just passing through... this is not our home :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
A good and blessed spring to all in Jesus Christ......and, a good night from here in Spain, windy and cold on the Med coast, but i LOVE IT anyway because God did it........

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is better to share righteousness (Jesus) in spirit and truth with just a few than to be heard by a multitude in another manner.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
My Theology:

God the Father loves His Son, Jesus, infinitely.
God our creator loves us just as much.
God the Father showed His love for us by sending His Son to die in our place on the cross.
God wants us to accept that He loves us by accepting His Son's death on the cross in our place.
God wants us to love Him back and constantly get to know Him better.
God wants us to reflect His love to the world around us.

Everything else is window dressing.

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

Just read a portion of the description of Tolkien’s famous lecture on Beowulf at Oxford. I wish I could have been there. W. H. Auden said it was the best lecture he ever attended. “The Beowulf author LIKED dragons, so did Tolkien, and, as almost all Old English critics confessed to themselves then and since, SO DID THEY.” Oh to be in Oxford in 1936! Maybe I’ll get to attend lectures by Tolkien in Heaven.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
There's a happy birthday thread i remember somewhere, but i cannot search now. Let me greet seed_time_harvest here!

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

I bought many books today, making 185 in total the past two days, with plans to buy more tomorrow. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!!!! I add to my hoard like Smaug with his gold. I only ask that God give me years enough to read them all. If not, I am firmly persuaded there are books in Heaven- I think the great Christian authors who have gone on have written more beautiful books in Glory.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Seed-Time-Harvest

All Blessings on this Day Given You Bye Our Father

happy-birthday-bunting_1389010.jpg

There's a happy birthday thread i remember somewhere, but i cannot search now. Let me greet seed_time_harvest here!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
With all due respect I wish all a very happy and glorious day of Christ's Resurrection.

For me it seems all the mirth of the season of His birth is kind of misplaced because His nativity marks the beginning of His mission that ends with the agony of the cross.

His victorious resurrection is our treasure for eternity........Have a gloriously wonderful day celebrating Hes, therefore, ours in Him, greatest victory.

Praise God, amen.