Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
PLEASE HELP. i AM TRYING TO REMEMBER a slang word that I have heard on TV the past decade or so,not often, maybe two times, and it means something good, but it sounds awful.

Does anyone here have a good memory for that weird word?Help and thanks

Dec 9, 2011
GOD created every thing that exist that we can perceive with our five senses and every thing that we haven’t yet perceived,I was wondering though,what does It mean when the bible says that HE created AND “made” everything?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I believe you have already answered that...

GOD created every thing that exist that we can perceive with our five senses and every thing that we haven’t yet perceived,I was wondering though,what does It mean when the bible says that HE created AND “made” everything?

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016

I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it, please?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is a bit of popular wisdom that states "the first victim of a war is the truth."

When I meditate on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Yeshua, it becomes clear how the apostasy began
even while He was here in the flesh. It has grown much, and now without much meditation I see well how
a world false church is springing up...

Dec 9, 2011
Yes before people can accept the wrong that they are doing they must first find a way to make the wrong that they are doing an ok thing and then a lie to to them Is acceptable and eventually true to them.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
A Food Against Cholesteral and Triglycerides

Something I tried this morning, sounds offish, is totally onish.

I put fresh garlic, salt and some olive oil in a blender and emulsified it.

Then I took the mixture and with a brush coated a slice of toast (home made white bread.)

I may never have jams and jellies again, it is a Wow!

Garlic is supposed to fight cholesterol and triglycerides...oatmeal is supposed to also.

I get my infor in YouTube when it has voice.....this garlic spread is real good.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Re: A Food Against Cholesteral and Triglycerides

Something I tried this morning, sounds offish, is totally onish.

I put fresh garlic, salt and some olive oil in a blender and emulsified it.

Then I took the mixture and with a brush coated a slice of toast (home made white bread.)

I may never have jams and jellies again, it is a Wow!

Garlic is supposed to fight cholesterol and triglycerides...oatmeal is supposed to also.

I get my infor in YouTube when it has voice.....this garlic spread is real good.

I've always liked garlic bread. Your way sounds much better than using butter.

I make a bread dip for myself out of olive oil with ground garlic, a bit of salt and whatever interesting spices I thought would go with it. (Some healthy spices I have tossed in are a bit of curry, turmeric [I just learned there are two "r"s in that word. I never saw the first one before. :eek: ], oregano, white pepper, and a couple of others that I forget.) I use good quality multi-grain bread.

It makes a great TV snack. I keep a small covered bowl of it next to my computer/ TV chair all the time.

Unfortunately, I recently have heard that garlic, in spite of all the good things it does for your body, may not be good for your brain. I've read two or three references claiming it kills brain cells. I need to look into to it further to see if the claims are valid, but it may be worth looking in to, if you are so inclined.

On the other hand, alcohol is a known neuro-toxin. It kills brain cells every time you drink, so I have pretty much stopped drinking that.

I like my brain cells. I'm getting older and I have lost too many already. :D

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
From what I have heard over the years, just about everything kills brain cells, I think caffeine does also...

There goes tea, coffee, chocolate and just about any so-called sports drink.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
EQ...I wll be expanding my bread spread as per your various ideas. Meanwhile, right now I am listening to "Honky Tonk Man," Dwight Yokum...........

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
No one will believe this but for the first time ever I am going to receive a crown, yes, here in Spain they are giving me acrown.

I am going to th dentist for the final touches..........gotcha! (someone anyways.)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Just so you know, I got it!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This morning, as my usual, I took my little Jack Russell our for her constitutional. Baggy in hand and standing under a large tree in the park I awaited her to finish her duty. As I waited something fell from the tree hittingme on the side of the head and the righ shoulder. It was the gift of a blackbird.

I have heard this is a sign of good fortune. The last time this happed I was just about thirteen and it was a seagulldropping on the right arm........that was a bigtime mess. Anyway I thanked the blackbird for his or her generosity and came home to clean up. And that was that.

By the way, I had toast this morningand the newly refurbished molar works really well..........thanks be to our Dad, amen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Does everyone here already know how the blackbird sings during the night? I never actually was able to hear them in Chicago, but here in Spain, being retired, I do hear them and their singing os quite beautiful, and each one sings a different song. happily they nest far enough apart so that you can hear each's song well. I suppose their songs represent their individual territories...?

All of this comes to mind because of their beautiful songs and, for me, the Beetle song, "Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night."

The blackbird here is called a mirlo (meer-low.) That is Castillano.........it is still a blackbird..

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I did not know that about blackbirds.

When I was a kid, I was helping my brother deliver newspapers and a pigeon made a deposit on my head. I thought that very rude indeed. I went home instead of helping him finish his paper route.

It reminds me of a poem from my childhood:

Little birdie in the sky,
Why'd you do that in my eye.
I won't fuss, I won't cry,
But I sure am glad that cows don't fly.