Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I think it must be God ordained that some of the founding fathers became diest with its exclusionary policies about state sanctioned religion. Here is the definition:
Deists abandoned the belief in the divinity of Jesus, the trinity, any notion of predestination, the Bible as the divinely inspired word of God, and state-sponsored religion.

Although is is an error in judgement, it did keep them from establishing state sanctioned denominations. This afforded Americans with true freedom of choice in religion. How all this will work out in the long term, we will have to see. :cool:

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Irrespective of how "Christian" the founding father were, I am very grateful to God for being born in the United States. Thank you Glorious Heavenly Father.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My pc connection to the internet disappeared fro some time......no specific reason, just a techburp of sorts.........anyway t is fixed now......Sorry if I have been morning anything. It is bad enough that I miss things by just not seeing them.. Forgive that.......

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Me, I figure if someone doesn't vote they shouldn't complain about what is going on under the power and authority of a duly elected government. Federal or State.
It is appropriate and even necessary to point out the Herod's, the Caesar's, the Hitler's, and more of this age.........remember Satan has power in this age.

Also keep in mind that most prophecy of what has and will come to be is actually God instructing His people about what He is already aware of about godless man, and what men without considering God will do. God does not cause most events to occur, but when it comes time for Him to act, and He will, all will kowtow is God and not some trumped up politician.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
It is appropriate and even necessary to point out the Herod's, the Caesar's, the Hitler's, and more of this age.........remember Satan has power in this age.

Also keep in mind that most prophecy of what has and will come to be is actually God instructing His people about what He is already aware of about godless man, and what men without considering God will do. God does not cause most events to occur, but when it comes time for Him to act, and He will, all will kowtow is God and not some trumped up politician.
I am not aware of anyone in this discussion advocating "kowtowing" to a politician. However, we are told we are to respect our leaders as they are put there by God and for furtherance of his plan or design.
Some ask or challenge, that means Hitler and Mussolini too?
Why not? How do we know how strong our faith is until it is tested? How can we say God is all powerful if we later say, yet he had no idea some psychotic mass murdering dictator was going to rule a certain country and kill hundreds of thousands?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
once more the reference to respecting our leaders is of our leaders in the assemblies.

This command is from the Law of Moses when the only true earthly Israel existd, I say true because it was headed on earth by the Levitical priesthood with the yearly High Priest as the chief leader.

The leader of the priesthood and the High Priest, of course, is God. Peaple have transferred this honor of the priests being the heads of the oly true earthly Israel to political leaders.

No politician is in any position to lead in this manner........so yes, of course, respect your spiritual leaders for they are there allowed by God...........if you know a spiritual leader, that is claiming to be such, is not do bearing fruit wothy of the Kingdom then he or she too is not in a position of authority.....

Our Fasther does allow for us all to use the sense He has given us according to the leading of the Holy Spirit

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
once more the reference to respecting our leaders is of our leaders in the assemblies.

This command is from the Law of Moses when the only true earthly Israel existd, I say true because it was headed on earth by the Levitical priesthood with the yearly High Priest as the chief leader.

The leader of the priesthood and the High Priest, of course, is God. Peaple have transferred this honor of the priests being the heads of the oly true earthly Israel to political leaders.

No politician is in any position to lead in this manner........so yes, of course, respect your spiritual leaders for they are there allowed by God...........if you know a spiritual leader, that is claiming to be such, is not do bearing fruit wothy of the Kingdom then he or she too is not in a position of authority.....

Our Fasther does allow for us all to use the sense He has given us according to the leading of the Holy Spirit
Once more the scriptures don't say it is submission strictly to spiritual leaders.
1Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,

L

LPT

Out of curiosity I've checked out a few other Christian site, Beware of worthy christian forums, that place is joke, bunch sassy self Rightous fake bias modders by far christain chat is the best of best.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Once more the scriptures don't say it is submission strictly to spiritual leaders.
1Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,
Then you be certain to give all respect to Caesar and Herod..........my leader and authority is Jesus Christ. My nation is the Israel of God, not of man or of this age..

I will do my best always to obey God and revere Him.

Those who wish to be under the law, even this law of Moses regarding respect of the leaders of the only theocracy creted by God on earth, continue, mine has been changed to the eternal Kingdom, no longer a theocracy of men but the rule of our Father.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Then you be certain to give all respect to Caesar and Herod..........my leader and authority is Jesus Christ. My nation is the Israel of God, not of man or of this age..

I will do my best always to obey God and revere Him.

Those who wish to be under the law, even this law of Moses regarding respect of the leaders of the only theocracy creted by God on earth, continue, mine has been changed to the eternal Kingdom, no longer a theocracy of men but the rule of our Father.
And yet, everything I've posted was stated by the Apostles in the New Testament.

Sarcasm doesn't help your argument. But it seems to be a characteristic of only a few here. Thank God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
And yet, everything I've posted was stated by the Apostles in the New Testament.

Sarcasm doesn't help your argument. But it seems to be a characteristic of only a few here. Thank God.
You have not had any sarcasm from this quarter. Below is a portion of Isaiah 1. It is worthy of meditation and understanding.........

Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
You have not had any sarcasm from this quarter. Below is a portion of Isaiah 1. It is worthy of meditation and understanding.........

Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Indeed. I hope you have done just that. :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
This is the wildest police chase you're likely to ever see. Ghost car.

Dec 9, 2011
Was Judas Iscariot clean, and saved when Jesus led captivity captive?

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Judas repented. And from the cross Jesus, who was/is God, forgave all who were responsible for his crucifixion. "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." Judas didn't know what he had done until it was too late. And then he repented and returned the silver to the temple. And then being a Jew knowing the scripture about those who are hung from a tree, cursed himself by his own hand and hung himself for the sin of betraying innocent blood. While Jesus from the cross forgave all for putting him there.

The question rarely considered in that scenario is, when Yeshua, Emmanuel, Jesus, was born to die and take the sins of the world upon himself as propitiation for the sins of the world, how else could that mission have been accomplished? Had Judas not done his part to begin Jesus' walk to the cross?

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Am taking an early walk today... who wants to come walking?