Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Brynn Parrot Chatfield, heroine along with her hero husband in the Paradise fire, I am so prould of our Father for showing us all the bravery of someone who believes God……..God bless her, her husband and three children now and always, amen.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Thought to post this in another (long) thread, but i cannot catch reading in there and so just here where the pace is more comfortable=)

Consider the following amazing facts:

The New Testament records that Jesus appeared publicly 132 times—122 were in the marketplace.

• Jesus told 52 parables—45 had a workplace context.
  • Acts recorded 40 divine interventions—39 were in the marketplace.
  • Jesus spent His adult life as a carpenter until the age of thirty when He began a public preaching ministry in the workplace.
  • Jesus called 12 workplace individuals—not clergy—to build His Church.
  • Work is worship. The Hebrew word avodah is the root word for both work and worship.
  • Work in its different forms is mentioned more than 800 times in the Bible—more than all the words used to express worship, music, praise, and singingcombined.
  • “54 percent of Jesus’ reported teaching ministry arose out of issues posed by others in the scope of daily life experience.” –Lewis and Lewis, LICC
from https://www.crosswalk.com/family/ca...fbae78c2fdc5f729402e9ab1c3fd&recip=547127358

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
From recent readings: With our God we will gain the victory, and He will trample down our enemies. Ps. 60.12.

If a ruler 's anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great errors to rest. Eccl. 10.4

To the ladies out there, someone said It's back!...in Nov. last year... the Ladies' forum is back, if you need to get in touch with other ladies here. [how else to inform without sending so many personal emails?!]

Dec 9, 2011
Is faith without works dead to GOD or dead to man?

The thief on the cross had no works,was faith without works dead?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

Great question!

Psalm 40: 6. Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire. You have opened my ears. You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Faith without works dishonors the Father,. Don't worry, believing adn waiting for Him is works. Works does not mean we must do waht the Twelve did nor what Jesus did, not th specifics, but we must believe Jesus with all our heart, soull and mind...………..

All you need do to disenchant a weak believe is to make him think he must be great in the eyes f men, you are great in the eyse of our Father if you believe.

Dec 9, 2011
Faith without works dishonors the Father,. Don't worry, believing adn waiting for Him is works. Works does not mean we must do waht the Twelve did nor what Jesus did, not th specifics, but we must believe Jesus with all our heart, soull and mind...………..

All you need do to disenchant a weak believe is to make him think he must be great in the eyes f men, you are great in the eyse of our Father if you believe.
So then your answer would be no?Faith without works Is not dead to GOD but Faith without work Is dead to man?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Your questions are wacked……… As though you are trying to catch a person in his words. If you do not understand what I am relating from the Lord, by all means He has invite not only m but you and all to learn directly from Him……..so, ask Him.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
It occurs to me that faith and works is resolved for each person when they decide when Abraham was justified. Is it before he was circumcised as Romans for says? or when he places Isaac on the altar as James 2 says?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
[

Non responsive to the question.
I understand.:)

First, why are you questioning my faith in Jesus Christ, Yeshua?

Second, you would have the response to your earnest qustion had you read my responses to you other posts.

Gosh, I have a third. Third, it seems you are only posting to influence others about me who do not follow your k posts to me and my responses, so why don't ñyou become a brother in Christ and stop looking for other Pharisees under the bedd?

Dec 9, 2011
It occurs to me that faith and works is resolved for each person when they decide when Abraham was justified. Is it before he was circumcised as Romans for says? or when he places Isaac on the altar as James 2 says?
GOD looks at the heart so then Abraham’s physical action would have been an outward expression of the way he really felt and anyone looking could then see how he really felt but GOD doesn’t need to see physical action,

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
GOD looks at the heart so then Abraham’s physical action would have been an outward expression of the way he really felt and anyone looking could then see how he really felt but GOD doesn’t need to see physical action,
Sounds like Abraham was justified before circumcision, is what you're saying. That's cool. I basically think that too. I'd ask the same question over on the not by works thread. the response there was basically that James is talking about a different kind of justification and being saved.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Abraham believed God and it was reckoned to him a righteousness (works), so it is with the thief, not stop will you. If you do not understand something ask honestly but do not pester the brethren in order to further your own suspicions and/or accusative thinking.