Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Let me share this from a longer blog..
Empathy is wonderful; worry is not! and why worrying is irresponsible

Contrary to what some might believe to be true, worrying is irresponsible. One may confuse it with regards for the welfare of others in some situations; but, in a moment this will show that it is different. Likewise, when you worry over something entrusted to you, you are not exercising good stewardship. It is not the same thing as mindfulness. Worry is a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems (real or imagined). It’s a form of fear. To worry, then, is to give way to anxiety or to be anxious. It means to panic in some cases. In its Old English and West German origin, it is a verb that gave rise to the meaning ‘seize by the throat and tear,’ and later ‘harass.’ In one sense, it counterfeits consideration for another, because a portion of it falls in the camp of self-preservation. That includes the fear of losing someone or something.

For instance, when someone is entrusted with a position, such as a manager, stewardship would be exercising mindfulness in respect to benefitting the employer, employees and customers -the overall business. Worry is concerned with losing face as the result of poor performance and/or being fired. Of course, this can be attached to pride, where the concern is more about looking good than doing good. On a side note, if a person wraps his or her identity in the position, he or she may have an identity crises. Biblical stewardship can be summed up in one verse: “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men” (Colossians 3:23).

On the surface, it may appear that worry is a sign someone “truly cares” for another; but, how beneficial is it really? Let’s think this through a bit. Why do you suppose some don’t like to share with others that they’re going through a difficult time? They don’ want others to worry about them. In other words, it stresses them out when they stress over them. Oh sure, there may be a part of them appreciates the concern or may even crave the attention. We’re designed to receive love, so there is an attachment to the desire for it. Do you like seeing loved ones stressed out? Part of loving others well includes caring for them for their sake alone. It is an outward focused mentality which doesn’t require a return. Empathy is wonderful; worry is not!
http://www.true2ourselves.com/viewblogs/21842/worrying-is-irresponsible

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Contrary to what some might believe to be true, worrying is irresponsible. One may confuse it with regards for the welfare of others in some situations; but, in a moment this will show that it is different. Likewise, when you worry over something entrusted to you, you are not exercising good stewardship.
There are no secret messages here. I have always contended that worry is an expression of unfaithfulness, or lack of faith. If you give a problem over to God then immediately start to worry about it, then you have just taken the problem back. Worry involves fear, not the spirit God gave us. :cool::whistle::rolleyes:

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Psalm 34: 3. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Is anyone else here getting a ring tone when they click on alerts? It just started up for me today..thanks.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Is anyone else here getting a ring tone when they click on alerts? It just started up for me today..thanks.
I'm not, but I think I have the sound turned off. :D

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Since I use text-to-voice I have my sound on…. Actually, when I opened this message from you I got the sound again. Maybe it has always been there but I did nt have the sound up yet? I do not think so though. Thanks D.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
From Elizabeth Barrett Browning (I Think)

Song From Pipa Passes

The year is at the Spring
The day is at morn
The morning is at seven,
The grass is dew pearled.

The lark is on the wing
the snail is on the thorn
God is in His Heaven
All is right with the world.​

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
RESOLVED; I think the bell I keep hearing is the new chat option, but I do not see it. It seems to me if someone comes on thatI know it dings, again, I do not see it but the more important factor is I do not want to because I cannot take on a real time chat.

It is probably my fault because when the new format cam on here there was somethng about a chat coming in to being and I believe I did click on a lot of things there, now I have to find out how to turn it off. Actually I kind of like the digns, so I just may leave ifor entertainment. Thanks for your interest in responding to my plea. God bless you and keep you close always.....j

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
2 Corinthians 3: 18. But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
That SUPER Button on your freezer.

I like to get to know my appliances as best possible, and the easiest way for me is togo online and ask questions, especially asking in YouTube.

Today my quest was simple, once the anser is known. What is that Super Button up on my Temperature controls really for. Does it have a use? Ye! It does.

When an owner goes grocery shopping that includes thngs destined for the freezer he or she should engage that button before leaving. This will super cool, freeze, all contents, and in this manner when placing the new items inthe arm air will not effect the other frozing-already items. It will also save on energy. They say, you know THEM, that you can also hit that button upon arriving home to put thingsaway if you forgot, and it will freeze the new and keep the old frozen items in good condition.

I have the Spanish Balay refridgerator, and Balay is associatedwith Bosch which has the same system…….

Hope this helps someone.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
About reading glasses. I used to lose the screw in my reading glasses by my PC. I got tired of buying new ones, or even cheaters. One daythey broke again. My solution, I crazy flued them in the open position, and they never broke again. Of course you can only use this tip for glasses that remain where you use them at all times., but it worked for me, when I could yet see somewhat. Try it if you have this situation. You will probably be won over. God bless you.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Whats a box of baking soda that has hardened good for?

Dec 9, 2011
I haven’t heard much about Donald Trumps BEAUTIFUL wall lately,When Is he suppose to start on It?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Whats a box of baking soda that has hardened good for?
You could put it in your refrigerator to keep it smelling fresh, but I doubt you allow it otherwise. I may need it though. All blessings in Jesus, Yeshua…...j

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The wall building is going forward, Go Donald Go!
Thank you Lord for raising up Donald Trump.