Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
That Canadian show host was pretty good and he had the style of Leno who asked pretty common questions and people had no clue. This is kinda what I’ve been saying in regards to the Internet. Stupid people have existed before, but on the internet, stupidity reaches a wider audience.
George W Bush was a hilarious segment on that show but he’s not exactly the representative of high IQ people. Lol.
The cherry on top was that Princeton professor. :ROFL: Reminded me of “Dr” Fauci.
However, it was good to see the regular people who questioned things and detected that the host was trolling them.

Another actor who does this is Sacha Baron Cohen. His characters, starting with Ali G, are insane and I can’t believe how he even gets access to some high-profile people, trolls them, and they don’t even suspect anything. LOL. I think some of them might be in the game but it’s hard to tell.

That LEO movie was great too. Bill Burr, one of my favorite sort-of-dark humor comedian was there and they did some of that humor with helicopter parents and dumb facebook parents who want nothing to do with their children. :LOL:

I also saw that you watched that My Octapus Teacher movie. My review of that movie is: A confused man in his mid-life crisis trying to find God but he’s not there yet. :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I notice a lot of pet octopi "shorts" are about since that movie... particularly an octopus named Bruce LOL

They are pretty amazing creatures...

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I did not like that movie Hustle with Adam Sandler though, he seems a bit awkward to me when interacting with other cultures. I lost interest after 30 minutes watching and i couldn't watch anymore. It was like watching a reality show. Airport scene to airport scene, busy with "stuff" and more airport scenes.

But if you want a sort of over-the-top comedy which breaks the ice then maybe try You People :ROFL:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I did not like that movie Hustle with Adam Sandler though, he seems a bit awkward to me when interacting with other cultures. I lost interest after 30 minutes watching and i couldn't watch anymore. It was like watching a reality show. Airport scene to airport scene, busy with "stuff" and more airport scenes.

But if you want a sort of over-the-top comedy which breaks the ice then maybe try You People:ROFL:
Yeah, I kind of had to force myself to get to the end of the movie; it was not one of his best and only mentioned in relation to how prolific Adam Sandler is, three movies this year! Of course the one (Leo) was just his voice, though he did have a hand in writing it, too (I realize it can take many years to get from pen [or pencil!] on page to screen). I had to look into Bill Burr further not being that familiar with his name, and see he was in Breaking Bad, and also Old Dads which I did watch as well. I cannot place who Jason Alexander's voice was for LOL. One of the dads. I normally like knowing who is doing what voices ahead of time because it adds an extra layer of pleasure to the movie.

Have you seen his murder mysteries or the batmitsva one?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Speaking of sports' movies: have you seen Ted Lasso? Wow, it gets rated 8.8. But it is very well deserved.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
George W Bush was a hilarious segment on that show but he’s not exactly the representative of high IQ people. Lol.
Actually, he was not dumb... he was well-read, e.g., but his public speaking was generally pretty terrible. In one-on-one interviews, however, he spoke much better. We had Obama, who was very well-spoken with a lot of charisma, but he was a far worse president.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I haven't seen Ted Laso or Murder Mysteries, but I'll check them out.

You know, there's probably a ton of great movie soundtracks but i think that requires its own topic maybe. :)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Actually, he was not dumb... he was well-read, and decent in one-on-one interviews. His public speaking, however, sucked. We had Obama, who was very well-spoken with a lot of charisma, but he was a far worse president.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Actually, he was not dumb... he was well-read, and decent in one-on-one interviews. His public speaking, however, sucked. We had Obama, who was very well-spoken with a lot of charisma, but he was a far worse president.
Who is your favorite president? Honestly, taking in consideration what i've seen from Reagan until now, i would say Trump is the best because he makes me laugh when he breaks protocol and decorum all the time and most of the world and the people internally in US were not prepared for that. :D
He made UN laugh with his speech, so if you bring some laughter i would say that you bring some peace.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I haven't seen Ted Laso or Murder Mysteries, but I'll check them out.

You know, there's probably a ton of great movie soundtracks but i think that requires its own topic maybe. :)
If you are looking for a humourous Christmas movie, I suggest Father Christmas is Back, starring
Kelsey Grammar, John Cleese, and Elizabeth Hurly. It's still on Netflix (I saw it 2 years ago). A more
spiritual/romantically themed Christmas movie is
Last Christmas which does not seem to be on
'Flix any more, starring Emma Thomson and the mother of all dragons. Do you like Christmas movies?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
If you are looking for a humourous Christmas movie, I suggest Father Christmas is Back, starring
Kelsey Grammar, John Cleese, and Elizabeth Hurly. It's still on Netflix (I saw it last year). A nice more
spiritual/romantically themed Christmas movie is Last Christmas which does not seem to be on
'Flix any more, starring Emma Thomson and the mother of all dragons. Do you like Christmas movies?
I like everything and like you, i am not too big on horror or psychological horror or movies that are too graphic with that stuff.
But a lot of movies are a bit of 'recycling' if you know what i mean. Once in a while you see good ideas and scripts but most of it is a re-hash or another re-hash from another movie at another time.
This is also why i don't watch a lot of movie series now because they're all the same sort of themes.
The Chosen is so unique in that aspect that i can't wait for new series because nobody has done such a well-made series showing the life of Christ.
This is also why the 80s and 90s movie era reimans the classic era for which a lot of movies and ideas are based nowadays anyway.
Back then it was an explosion in storytelling, some cgi, the effect of the VHS and then DVD which made for some unique times and themes, a lot of which, new directors borrow from.
For example that show Black Mirror, the one positive episode was an episode from the 80s and it made an impression to a lot of people.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
For example if you look at the movie Avatar, that's basically a remake of Dancing with Wolves or The Last of Mohicans but in space.
So you're not watching it for the storytelling, the acting or the music. You're going only for the CGI.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Who is your favorite president? Honestly, taking in consideration what i've seen from Reagan until now, i would say Trump is the best because he makes me laugh when he breaks protocol and decorum all the time and most of the world and the people internally in US were not prepared for that. :D
He made UN laugh with his speech, so if you bring some laughter i would say that you bring some peace.
In my lifetime, Reagan and Trump. Why? They defended our constitution and seemed to understand the foundations of our society.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
@Magenta
I have watched Murder Mystery with Adam Sandler by the way, and it was good, but a newer version of that which i liked even more was Glass Onion. It's a movie made during the height of covid, so they make fun of that in the beginning too.
They spray them in the mouth with "something" and tell them "you're all set, you can take off your mask now". :LOL:

I will go through the list and hopefully i can watch one of those movies at night during the week or the weekend.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
@Magenta
I have watched Murder Mystery with Adam Sandler by the way, and it was good, but a newer version of that which i liked even more was Glass Onion. It's a movie made during the height of covid, so they make fun of that in the beginning too.
They spray them in the mouth with "something" and tell them "you're all set, you can take off your mask now". :LOL:

I will go through the list and hopefully i can watch one of those movies at night during the week or the weekend.
2022-12-24 (<= from my records)
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
:D

Some of what I listed are series, like: Living With Yourself (with Paul Rudd) which is only one season .:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For example if you look at the movie Avatar, that's basically a remake of Dancing with Wolves or The Last of Mohicans but in space.
So you're not watching it for the storytelling, the acting or the music. You're going only for the CGI.
My daughter took me to see Avatar... wow! Remember when we used to go to theatres to watch movies? LOL.

Any ways, by the time she took me, it was her third time seeing it. Apparently she liked it a LOT. .:LOL:

She really liked Succession. I could barely stand it, and only watched it to keep up with her.
I much preferred Yellowstone. It was kind of like Succession in a way but on a ranch, not Wall St. LOL