Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 18, 2024
speaking of niki, jordan's nascar won taladega.

View attachment 263101
I will never understand the appeal of Nascar. To me it's just as boring as golf. Maybe slightly more actually. In golf at least the ball can go to varying places. The cars in Nascar just stay close to each other and go in circles. But then there's people that like badminton. So I guess there will always be things some find enjoyable while others find them strange.

Apr 11, 2024
speaking of niki, jordan's nascar won taladega.
When I think of NASCAR, I'm reminded of a skit that comedian and ventriloquist Jeff Dunham did, several years ago. He had a character called Sweet Daddy Dee, self-described as a "player in a management profession - PIMP". Anyway, when Jeff brought up NASCAR, his character's response was as follows...

"NASCAR, that's another dumb@$$ white cracker sport! I don't get that at all: "Oh look, they're makin' a left turn! Oh, they're makin' another left turn! Oh, they're makin' another left turn! I wonder what's gonna happen next?!":LOL:

notmyown

May 26, 2016
did anybody see the Knicks game last night?? this team has more heart than any in the last 25 years!

who'dathunk watching the Knicks would be fun again? :D

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I will never understand the appeal of Nascar. To me it's just as boring as golf. Maybe slightly more actually. In golf at least the ball can go to varying places. The cars in Nascar just stay close to each other and go in circles. But then there's people that like badminton. So I guess there will always be things some find enjoyable while others find them strange.
nascar is terrifying. i can't watch it; it's too stressful.

my husband loves golf, both playing and watching. maybe you have to play to enjoy watching? he was telling me once about a guy called Furyk (hope i spelled it right?) apparently Jim's swing is a bit unusual. my husband said two other golfers likened it to
1. an octopus falling out of a tree

2. a one armed golfer killing a snake. with an ax. in a telephone booth.

that i'd like to see, lol!

Apr 11, 2024
my husband loves golf, both playing and watching. maybe you have to play to enjoy watching? he was telling me once about a guy called Furyk (hope i spelled it right?) apparently Jim's swing is a bit unusual. my husband said two other golfers likened it to

Comedian Rita Rudner had a memorable line about the sport - "Do you realize that if you tape golf and play it back in slow motion, there's no difference?" :LOL:

Zandar

May 16, 2023

Same thing with Nascar, you have to be someone who just likes to get in their car and floor it just because.

Apr 18, 2024

I absolutely refuse to watch golf. My dad used to watch it every weekend when I was a kid and I just wanted to watch cartoons lol. Growing up I have played golf a few times with him and other relatives and it's thousands of times more enjoyable than watching it. Mostly because of how skill based it is. I'm naturally horrible at it, but it has led to some hilarious moments when I tried to play it to my best. Like going with my uncle and cousin to an open shooting range where the course was extremely wide, yet somehow every hit I made would curve off the course and hit a metal shack. The employees got angry assuming I did it on purpose which made me slightly laugh but also a little angry that I couldn't just shoot the ball straight. So my cousin was laughing and said do it on purpose now. I decided to try to try and hit near the hole by trying to account for the curve by turning my back almost completely to the shack, hit the ball, and then it curved so far the opposite direction that I hit the shack again. We couldn't stop laughing hard at how ridiculous that was. We ended up leaving after that because my uncle was sure we would get kicked out. But at least it was a fun experience compared to watching it on a screen with commentary that makes you want to fall asleep.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Billy, a few weeks ago i noticed there was an expiration date on my bar of soap!

hard to take any of it seriously. :cautious:
I wonder if it is because there may be oils in it that spoil with oxidation? Immortal soap sounds funny...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I suppose I could smash a Twinkie into a bar of soap for a prototype, but I don't know how well it will perform. You're welcome to be the first tester though.

It took me a good while to find a picture that I liked and seemed relaxing enough to me. I've always liked the cold and night time and always had the thought that a snowy pine forest on a mountain at night would be the most relaxing place. The picture is the closest I could find, lol.
I wonder if you would like this CD called December? It is one of my faves...

:)

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Now that the Spring/Summer is around the corner, i won't be very active on the Internets for a few months.
Yes, i take month long vacations and when you love what you do, you're not really working so if you work from the beach or from the office, it's all good.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sounds a lot like ambience in Final Fantasy 14 online.
Interesting! It is piano pieces by George Winston from classical favorites,
such as Pachelbel's Canon in D and Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
.:)