Struggle of SIN.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jobb

Apos. Paul Said about the Struggle of SIN.
( Romans 7 :15,16,17,19,20,24)

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth i..

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Secret sin:

Even though we are great heroes and good people, secret sin consumes the life of the spiritual life like a cancer. We lose many benefits. Do not assume that no one knows. The Lord sees. We push the Holy Spirit out. Eventually we lose all contact with God.

We tried to hide our SINs from God. But He knows Every Action About Us. Leave All our Secret relationship against God.

Let us pray.
God, remember your mercy and your grace.Deliver Us,O Lord like Paul.

Finally :
Apos. Paul delivered through Romans 8 : 1, 2.

Amen. We must Deliver.

With Love,
Job

Apr 26, 2021
I don't know if it's so much a sin as an affliction, but I have some attention deficit issues that interfere when I'm trying to study. My mind wanders and it makes me so mad. It's like I have no control over it. I'll be thinking about trivial things while I'm trying to pay attention and study God's word. I catch myself over and over wandering and then I restart. Then I wander. Then I restart.

When the all powerful, almighty creator of all things is speaking to you and your mind wanders ... how wretched can you be? That's me.

J

Jobb

I don't know if it's so much a sin as an affliction, but I have some attention deficit issues that interfere when I'm trying to study. My mind wanders and it makes me so mad. It's like I have no control over it. I'll be thinking about trivial things while I'm trying to pay attention and study God's word. I catch myself over and over wandering and then I restart. Then I wander. Then I restart.

When the all powerful, almighty creator of all things is speaking to you and your mind wanders ... how wretched can you be? That's me.
Hello Sister,

Open Your Heart to God Fullfill the HOLY sprit. After filled with Sprit, your Mind would be delivered as Paul Delivered.

First thing to deliver, we have to accept our Sin and Confess sin with Fully heart.

Sure Jesus will do. I will be praying for you. I am doing ministry with College Youths in different colleges. Many of them delivered in their addiction.

God loves you Much sister.

What Are you studying course? Gospel sharing in Colleges Through IT training and free seminar😀.

I was working Testing Engineer for 7 years. Before 4 years God called me to do Fulltime ministry, so i obeyed and Exit my job. See my Ministry websites to know more ministries.

God bless your studies.

Your Brother in Christ,
Job. Missionary.
(www.ifams.in)

P

pottersclay

“Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little.” For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people, To whom He said, “This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest,” And, “This is the refreshing”; Yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was to them, “Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little,” That they might go and fall backward, and be broken And snared and caught.

Apr 26, 2021
“Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little.” For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people, To whom He said, “This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest,” And, “This is the refreshing”; Yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was to them, “Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little,” That they might go and fall backward, and be broken And snared and caught.
You're citing scripture that I have puzzled over for a long time. I'm not sure I understand fully what it's saying. The precept upon precept, line upon line repeated over and over is a clue I've been trying to decipher for some time.

To some this passage is obvious. But, I think it's a very difficult concept to discover from its surface despite what most people think.

I think this passage is directed toward those of dull hearing and hearts filled with idols and false doctrines. Hopefully that is not me.

Nov 12, 2020

Your mind wanders have you prayed for help and guidance do you pray before you read it

A lesson I learned in my youth group was about our prayer life with god we should come forth to him about our problems no matter how simple or complex it's never to much for him to bare so thy child of thee on high pray onto thy lord god make thy problems known to him

( read James study it )
My recommendation

P

pottersclay

You're citing scripture that I have puzzled over for a long time. I'm not sure I understand fully what it's saying. The precept upon precept, line upon line repeated over and over is a clue I've been trying to decipher for some time.

To some this passage is obvious. But, I think it's a very difficult concept to discover from its surface despite what most people think.

I think this passage is directed toward those of dull hearing and hearts filled with idols and false doctrines. Hopefully that is not me.
When you study the scriptures one looks for 2 things it's meaning (the law) or are you looking for jesus.

You said that your mind wanders and your focus becomes short. I was hoping that here a little there a little would help.
Reading God's word is like eating a meal....we can eat for taste of eat to be full. We can also over indulge.
Unless God has me to really search out somthing I tend to snack a little here a little there.
I have found that the Holy Spirit will connect the dots as I meditate on what I have read.
Sometimes it takes weeks or months for him to connect the dots but when he does wow I never saw that in the other 20 scriptures I've read sense then.
Look for jesus in all scriptures, never have a agenda to opening up the word of God let him speak.
The word of God is a seed it will grow as long as you water it and care for it.

Apr 26, 2021
When you study the scriptures one looks for 2 things it's meaning (the law) or are you looking for jesus.

You said that your mind wanders and your focus becomes short. I was hoping that here a little there a little would help.
Reading God's word is like eating a meal....we can eat for taste of eat to be full. We can also over indulge.
Unless God has me to really search out somthing I tend to snack a little here a little there.
I have found that the Holy Spirit will connect the dots as I meditate on what I have read.
Sometimes it takes weeks or months for him to connect the dots but when he does wow I never saw that in the other 20 scriptures I've read sense then.
Look for jesus in all scriptures, never have a agenda to opening up the word of God let him speak.
The word of God is a seed it will grow as long as you water it and care for it.
I never thought about it that way and I didn't exactly get your meaning. But, actually, what you say makes me feel a little better. I do overindulge in my study because I fixate. That's a personality thing. I have attention deficits. That's another personality thing. Character wise, I'm less than admirable. But over all, what you say makes me feel a lot better. Maybe I am struggling too hard.

Today I fixated about Malachi, where he was, who he was speaking to, what time period and I discovered he was speaking in the pre-Roman occupation time of Jerusalem.

Now I need to study that whole historical era just to try to understand what Malachi was prophesying about. That's fixation.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
My mind wanders and it makes me so mad.
There might be one way to deal with this and that is to have a note pad with you when you read or study Scripture. Then take each word individually and see if you are clear about it. If not, go to any of the Bible study tools which are freely available and find out what that word means in the context in which it is given.

Then go through the whole verse word by word until it perfectly clear. This will keep your focused. After that write up a summary of what you have learned from the passage. Writing will keep you focused and concentrated. Then apply practically what you have learned.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Even though we are great heroes and good people, secret sin consumes the life of the spiritual life like a cancer.
Christians should stop focusing on sins and focus on righteousness instead. See Philippians 3:14,15.

P

pottersclay

I never thought about it that way and I didn't exactly get your meaning. But, actually, what you say makes me feel a little better. I do overindulge in my study because I fixate. That's a personality thing. I have attention deficits. That's another personality thing. Character wise, I'm less than admirable. But over all, what you say makes me feel a lot better. Maybe I am struggling too hard.

Today I fixated about Malachi, where he was, who he was speaking to, what time period and I discovered he was speaking in the pre-Roman occupation time of Jerusalem.

Now I need to study that whole historical era just to try to understand what Malachi was prophesying about. That's fixation.
My friend let the Holy Spirit do his work in you. You seem to be quite the berean and that I applaude.
But you know as well as I that head knowledge and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee.
Let your spirit grow into knowing your father's ways.
It seems to me that a lot of saints look at the bible as a test of right or wrong.
Malachi for example is the last time the Lord spoke to Israel through a prophet for approx 500 yrs.
Why? Was God preparing something? Is that void of time a example of something?
At least that's how I look at scripture. What's dad doing.
May the Lord continue to bless you and your quest.

Nov 26, 2012

If that’s a deficit then, I too am afflicted. I never read His word to simply retain the words written. I always pray that He teaches me what the intention of the lessons are. Sometimes that means seeking multiple verses from multiple Books and even outside of scripture. His Laws of Nature and Laws of Physics are equally telling of His greatness and intention. Any time you finish your study even more curious than you started, you have succeeded at uncovering the Awesomeness of God. Having Him direct my mind in every direction to teach me, I always count as a blessing, even if I just started and finished with one verse.

Apr 26, 2021
This evening I am struggling again. I am trying to study God's word and my mind keeps tugging me into a video game.

The Creator of all things is speaking to me and I'm thinking of a video game. :oops:

Feb 24, 2019
The other day I was saying that all images are evil.
Then my autistic daughter came to visit and drew a dinosaur.
And I saw no evil in it whatsoever, only God opening my eyes a little bit wider.

I play video games and watch movies and drink beer. And I KNOW 100% God loves me.

And I know God won't mind you taking a break from studying and playing the video game you're thinking of.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Apos. Paul Said about the Struggle of SIN.
( Romans 7 :15,16,17,19,20,24)

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth i..

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Secret sin:

Even though we are great heroes and good people, secret sin consumes the life of the spiritual life like a cancer. We lose many benefits. Do not assume that no one knows. The Lord sees. We push the Holy Spirit out. Eventually we lose all contact with God.

We tried to hide our SINs from God. But He knows Every Action About Us. Leave All our Secret relationship against God.

Let us pray.
God, remember your mercy and your grace.Deliver Us,O Lord like Paul.

Finally :
Apos. Paul delivered through Romans 8 : 1, 2.

Amen. We must Deliver.

With Love,
Job
Paul in Romans 7. is describing his life before Christ when he was under the law, convicted of sin but unable to quit, convinced about righteousness but unable to attain to it. What a wretched man he was who could deliver him from that body of death?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord ... Paul was delivered from that state and so are we.

There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death. Romans.. 8.1.

Our struggle is no longer with sin, the struggle now is to BELIEVE, our fight is the good fight of faith.

Jesus is the only one who struggled successfully against sin and won we have the victory over sin through Him.