Stryian Potato Salad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 9, 2019
Hey

There is a salad oil made from pumpkin seeds that originates from styria in austria in europe. This recipe is an old one.

3 large potatos in their skins, washed and boiled
some lentils, cooked
a medium/large onion chopped
as much garlic as you like, chopped
Pumpkinseed oil
apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar
salt
black pepper

cut potatos into pieces and add to a large bowl. add lentils and onions and garlic. add 4 dessert spoons of vinegar then add a liberal amount of pumkinseed oil.. dont be shy with it. salt is important. pepper to taste

mix and serve.

is my fave salad in the whole world :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Sounds interesting, I'll be on the look-out for pumpkin seed oil. I like lentils also, thx.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sounds interesting, I'll be on the look-out for pumpkin seed oil. I like lentils also, thx.
I'm a peanut oil kind of guy myself but currently trending towards canola. My wife prepared a bowl of lentils for me last year and did not care for them. I do like potato salad though and my wife makes one that is almost as good as Mom's.

Apr 8, 2019
Wow something my grandmother makes. She is originally from Austria. I’ll have to give these a go at some point. Thanks for sharing. :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'm a peanut oil kind of guy myself but currently trending towards canola. My wife prepared a bowl of lentils for me last year and did not care for them. I do like potato salad though and my wife makes one that is almost as good as Mom's.
I fix lentils like my dad did. I cook them w/cut-up chicken, tomatoes, garlic, salt/pepper and for us it's a nutritious, fast, inexpensive and filling dish. You and your wife might like them like this, pretty yummy:)!