Stuff that just won't work for Singles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
OMGosh!! You just made me discover the real meaning behind that word!! :eek: I always thought it might have something to do with a saw like the one you cut wood with. (being serious)

Yes, I need to get out more..
Ya think?!!!!!! lol jk :)

gypsygirl

Sep 19, 2012
See this joke only works for guys, but I'm covered if I ever have a queen. In the meanwhile, I can decide which side of the bed I want to sleep on each night - so that's a plus. I guess a woman would have to buy a king size mattress to make that joke, but those things are too dang huge even for two people (they are wide enough to almost fit three fully grown adults, who has space for that).

Actually, who am I kidding, I almost always sleep on the same side, the one closest to the wall. I like that wall.
yeah, this is actually something i was talking about with a friend recently.

when you're sleeping single in a double bed (or rather a queen in my case) why is it that one tends to stay on the side?

doesn't it make more sense to ride the middle, as opposed to treating the other side like some empty passenger seat?

anyway, i do the same thing. although, i've been known to do a bit of a diagonal thing sometimes.

C

Charcoal

gypsygirl, I cook like you - except for what's in my fridge. None of my recipes will contain wine or spirits. My last drink was over 5 years ago, and I don't care to risk having another.

They say that with the best cooks you never ask for the recipe, you just measure their hands then watch and try to keep up.

C

Charcoal

yeah, this is actually something i was talking about with a friend recently.

when you're sleeping single in a double bed (or rather a queen in my case) why is it that one tends to stay on the side?

doesn't it make more sense to ride the middle, as opposed to treating the other side like some empty passenger seat?

anyway, i do the same thing. although, i've been known to do a bit of a diagonal thing sometimes.

(humming the old country song)

I actually sleep in the middle of my double best most of the time. In fact, I tend that way in Any bed. I've been guilty of hogging a whole king sized bed, even. My modus operandi is to make a bit of a nest with pillows on three sides of my head/shoulders. It keeps me from sleeping too restlessly.

In the past, a shared bed usually meant that I slept in close proximity to the other party, regardless of how I fell asleep.

I think I mentioned it before, but downsizing to a double from a queen means that if I get remarried, she might stand a chance, lol.

J

Jullianna

Coming from a large southern family, I don't know how to cook a small amount of anything. Freezing stuff in small containers is my only solution. Even my homemade bread. I wrap a few slices in foil packages that I can heat up in the oven with something else or toast it.

About the only thing I make from a recipe is my mom's sweet pancake recipe...cos it's awesome. :) Any recipe I try to write out would have to be a guesstimate. I like the idea of mixing in new flavors too - like adding curry powder to my chicken salad or potato salad from time to time.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Juilianna: Sounds like me. I make sourdough bread (and I live on the stuff - haven't bought a loaf of that floppy, gummy, mushy store bread in years) but sourdough bread takes much too long to make a loaf at a time. I make a quad batch (12-14 loaves, depending how it turns out) and freeze most of it.

J

Jullianna

Juilianna: Sounds like me. I make sourdough bread (and I live on the stuff - haven't bought a loaf of that floppy, gummy, mushy store bread in years) but sourdough bread takes much too long to make a loaf at a time. I make a quad batch (12-14 loaves, depending how it turns out) and freeze most of it.
LUV sourdough, especially toasted with breakfast. :) I don't like to eat that store bought sliced stuff either. It's like eating cardboard. No flavor. If I buy sliced bread at the store, it will be wheatberry, rye or something with at least SOME flavor to it. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Rye is okay, if it's made by someone besides the company that makes the floppy, gummy, mushy store bread. They never seem to get real rye right.

J

Jullianna

Rye is okay, if it's made by someone besides the company that makes the floppy, gummy, mushy store bread. They never seem to get real rye right.
I like the seeded rye in an actual loaf. :)

rye.png

okay....now I'm hungry...

Sep 6, 2013

It actually takes more work to get in bed (if it's bigger than a twin) and then slide over into the middle. Who has energy for all that? :rolleyes: